forum

Sliderbreaks and random misses

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Riven is eu
Hello currently I am at level 64 rank 120k-ish and I play 4-5 star ar9 songs mostly.I've been improving and I'm seeing improvement in myself,but the thing is that sometimes on jumps I can't feel control over my mouse and that is because it slips off my hand but that doesn't matter.Recently I changed my dpi from 1200 to 800 and I'm trying to get used to it,any advices on how I can stop doing random sliderbreaks and misses ?
Deva
Play more. Or get a tablet.
Endaris
play easier maps
trebby
You're doing quite well at your rank. It's a good thing that you've toned downed your sensitivity if your problem is in your aim.
Other than that, I can't really tell you how to improve. Just play more and don't miss.
Yolshka

Riven is eu wrote:

Recently I changed my dpi from 1200 to 800 and I'm trying to get used to it
When did you change it? It takes time to get used to, but it shouldn't really take that long to adjust imo, at max 2 days, but you can adjust in hours too.
Topic Starter
Riven is eu

ShadyAngel wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

Recently I changed my dpi from 1200 to 800 and I'm trying to get used to it
When did you change it? It takes time to get used to, but it shouldn't really take that long to adjust imo, at max 2 days, but you can adjust in hours too.
Changed it some hours ago,I'm doing quite well for now
KanoSet
if you still can't have control over your mouse you may consider getting a new one with a better shape that suits you well.. or get a tablet

or you can play more.. it works just fine
Mahogany

Riven is eu wrote:

I play 4-5 star ar9 songs

Found your problem
Topic Starter
Riven is eu

Mahogany wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

I play 4-5 star ar9 songs

Found your problem
Well,I started playing ar9 since I had around 550pp and I think I'm currently doing fine at them
trebby

Riven is eu wrote:

Well,I started playing ar9 since I had around 550pp and I think I'm currently doing fine at them
Do you constantly miss or regularly have low accuracy (below 90-95%) on 4-5 star maps? If yes, you should tone down the difficulty and focus on doing good on maps suited to your level.
Roricon

CuboidBeats wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

Do you constantly miss or regularly have low accuracy (below 90-95%) on 4-5 star maps? If yes, you should tone down the difficulty and focus on doing good on maps suited to your level.
according to this I should go back to low diff maps lol, I still get C scores on 4-5 star maps.

@OP just play more everyone has to deal with sliderbreaks and random misses.
-Makishima S-

This acc on such basic, easy to play, easy to acc, easy to aim maps is garbage as fuck, literaly, you are not even close to "good", this is not even decent. I am honest now since Sawano &Z maps are probably the most basic and easiest from all AR9 what i ever played. You need to be realy talented to miss there, like... realy.

If you constantly miss / sliderbreak, you don't read maps properly, also you probably skipped a lot of pattern complexity practice from easier maps, jumped to ar9 becouse "i want moar speed, yolo" and cannot handle it.

Play easier maps. Realy.
Roricon

[Taiga] wrote:

This acc on such basic, easy to play, easy to acc, easy to aim maps is garbage as fuck, literaly, you are not even close to "good", this is not even decent. I am honest now since Sawano &Z maps are probably the most basic and easiest from all AR9 what i ever played. You need to be realy talented to miss there, like... realy.

If you constantly miss / sliderbreak, you don't read maps properly, also you probably skipped a lot of pattern complexity practice from easier maps, jumped to ar9 becouse "i want moar speed, yolo" and cannot handle it.

Play easier maps. Realy.
I only get 90% acc on these maps. Why can you only play maps if you get 99% acc on them. Just play what you like and enjoy the game.
Floob

[Taiga] wrote:

since Sawano &Z maps are probably the most basic and easiest from all AR9 what i ever played. You need to be realy talented to miss there, like... realy.

yo i missed am i good yet?
-Makishima S-
yo i missed am i good yet?
Missing on purpose doesnt count. Nice UR <3
Topic Starter
Riven is eu

[Taiga] wrote:

Play easier maps. Realy.
I usually get close to fc,I mean 50-100 combo off(rarely more than 80) does that count as an average play of the map or still a shitty play ?
-Makishima S-
I usually get close to fc,I mean 50-100 combo off(rarely more than 80) does that count as an average play of the map or still a shitty play ?
In my personal opinion - depends on length and complexity, more about complexity. For sure in this once maps you should fix this scores into at least 98% acc FC (pure fc, not -1/-2 combo points becouse of cutted sliders), this maps are very easy to read, also low bpm so easy to keep up. Progress properly, low acc A/high acc B which means everything above this silly 90% is something to take point and play from time to time but in your state i strongly recommend to play easier stuff. Everything below 90% is nope nope nope, leave it and come to this when you get better at reading and acc, also at controlling speed.
Roricon

[Taiga] wrote:

In my personal opinion - depends on length and complexity, more about complexity. For sure in this once maps you should fix this scores into at least 98% acc FC (pure fc, not -1/-2 combo points becouse of cutted sliders), this maps are very easy to read, also low bpm so easy to keep up. Progress properly, low acc A/high acc B which means everything above this silly 90% is something to take point and play from time to time but in your state i strongly recommend to play easier stuff. Everything below 90% is nope nope nope, leave it and come to this when you get better at reading and acc, also at controlling speed.
I'm asking this for myself because I want to change my mindset and focus more on acc. But I kinda don't get that people keep saying that you can't play stuff if you don't get 90% acc on it. If I would follow this advice for myself I would be stuck playing ar 9-10 180bpm+ maps for the rest of my life. If I play a 100-165 bpm map that contains streams I can't even get 80% acc. I'm just trying to understand how high acc players play and I don't get how u can improve on a certain type of maps that you can't play with acceptable acc by only playing maps you get high acc on.
Topic Starter
Riven is eu

tomden wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

I'm asking this for myself because I want to change my mindset and focus more on acc. But I kinda don't get that people keep saying that you can't play stuff if you don't get 90% acc on it. If I would follow this advice for myself I would be stuck playing ar 9-10 180bpm+ maps for the rest of my life. If I play a 100-165 bpm map that contains streams I can't even get 80% acc. I'm just trying to understand how high acc players play and I don't get how u can improve on a certain type of maps that you can't play with acceptable acc by only playing maps you get high acc on.
Streams are easier for me since my mouse slips out of my hand and I can only move it with the tip of my fingers,I hate it it's so annoying and I'm glad I am going to buy a tablet soon but it's all about the fun,I find ar9 maps fun so I keep playing them.
-Makishima S-
But I kinda don't get that people keep saying that you can't play stuff if you don't get 90% acc on it.
Becouse:
1) You most likely mash your buttons and this is worst bad habit in rhythm game
2) You have reading problems and they cannot be fixed by playing 348905234562345 times bik blak
3) You don't have speed and aim for this map and retrying it will only give you bad habits which will screw your ability to play ceratin patterns or even whole map
And some more, this 3 are just as logical as Cookiezi got unbanned.

If I would follow this advice for myself I would be stuck playing ar 9-10 180bpm+ maps for the rest of my life.
I follow this advice since ~500pp and Mahogany took care of my progression route and i ended up happy circle clicker who don't rage over random misses/sliderbreaks becouse i don't need to ask anymore "why", i know when and why i strugle and train this on easier maps. I know only one thing - somehow my speed is rising and i am just playing more maps on my level. As i wasn't able to click anything above 160 bpm @ not full 2kpp, that now i can comfortable click 180 without any "hard bpm training and forcing speed up". Additionaly my acc from ~94% went up to 98,4% and rising just becouse i play maps what I CAN ACC and are challening in matter of "barely fc".

If I play a 100-165 bpm map that contains streams I can't even get 80% acc.
You do dis wrong. Play more stream maps? I started streaming magicaly, i mean one day after like few weeks of happy playing maps i just fced Magic Girl without misses / 100 / 50 on streams? It comes with practice but you need to have brain and think how you pracitce. Spamming val0logia's end / freedom dive will not help you at all.

I'm just trying to understand how high acc players play and I don't get how u can improve on a certain type of maps that you can't play with acceptable acc by only playing maps you get high acc on.
You know my way of practiing? Here is TL;DR:
In a week i play every day, min 2h, consistently, with exeption if real life gets hit by shit, only maps longer than 3 min, only maps in my skill range and a bit above (4,2-4,6* for me now) in this order:
Day 1, 4 - 100-140 bpm
Day 2, 5 - 140-180 bpm
Day 3, 6 - 180-210 bpm
Day 7 - play whatever the fuck i want or don't play at all, fuck this game, break.
I do this for a while right now and honestly, how about one day random Best Friends FC with first play on the day? For me it works, but i don't cry i cannot do this, cannot do that, i just play and enjoy this game. Especialy use brain to play it so i don't spam too hard maps what i can't play properly becouse i already worked to remove bad habits and i know how big pain it is to get rid of them.
Roricon

[Taiga] wrote:

If I play a 100-165 bpm map that contains streams I can't even get 80% acc.
You do dis wrong. Play more stream maps? I started streaming magicaly, i mean one day after like few weeks of happy playing maps i just fced Magic Girl without misses / 100 / 50 on streams? It comes with practice but you need to have brain and think how you pracitce. Spamming val0logia's end / freedom dive will not help you at all.
exactly wich means I will be playing maps where I get absolute shit acc on. because there is no point in playing 185-210bpm stream maps because I just know how fast to tap to get high acc on them so they won't learn me how to stream lower bpm maps. So to learn how to stream I need to go out my comfort zone and play 140-170 bpm maps even when this means I'll only see C and D ranks.
And thanks for this useful reply :p.
Topic Starter
Riven is eu
So,I should go back to ar8 hard difficulty maps and play a shit ton of them and then get back to playing ar9 maps ?
Endaris
You should try to improve at the areas you're bad at.
To take your step into very difficult maps you need something like a fundament you can build on.
If you can almost FC &Z-maps that's not really worth something as long as you struggle with maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/118566 https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13019 https://osu.ppy.sh/s/150914 . I'm sure there are still a lot of maps below 4* that can break your neck.
show more