1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Otaku Culture
show more
posted
Christ this year was horrible though.

I quit watching anime this fall and before then nothing worth a 10/10 and most things that had a chance of a 9/10 from me colossally fucked up their endings. I almost don't want to vote considering I don't think anything really deserves it.
posted
As much as I want to vote for Unlimited Blade Works, I actually haven't seen the anime yet. My AOTY goes to Death Parade with JoJo as 2nd AOTY. I don't really have much choice with regards to movies because the only movie I've seen is Little Witch Academia 2. I'm not saying it's bad though, otherwise I could've left it blank.

Edit: Is that picture really the current standing? Quite baffling because of the Illya and Gakkou Gurashi
posted

Navizel wrote:

Edit: Is that picture really the current standing? Quite baffling because of the Illya and Gakkou Gurashi
I think Bliss probably voted for Ilya and Gakkou Gurashi had it's fans like xxdeathx.
posted
I voted for Symphogear and Illya for seasonal, and Love Live for the movie category. I personally hate Gakkou Gurashi's manga and didn't find the anime to redeem the show for me. (Admittedly, I'm undecided on both seasonal shows for various reasons)

Also, about the current standing, that is 5 ppl in total, so subject to incredible bias. I just posted that as a place holder until real data hopefully comes.
posted
This is year was mediocre, and there were many writer malfunctions and premature deaths such as Charlotte and Kekkai Sensen. I agree with Green Platinum that the probable standouts in this year is OPM & JJBA Egypt, and IMO these two shows are only 8/10-ish.

OPM is a decent show with some of the best animated fights in years, but I feel pretty weird about the premise of invincibility so I can't really give it a 10/10. I was also really looking forward to some good character development/interaction.

I HATE JJBA Egypt's Week-of-the-Monster format because it's makes the show a bore. I would have given it a 6~7/10 if it wasn't for the concluding two arcs of Vanilla Ice and Dio.

P.S. Who gave GG! a AOTY nomination?
posted
Ye I gave Kekkai Sensen and Yurikuma Arashi my vote simply because they had a good concept and I'd like to see more anime like them made.
posted
Not planning to do anything with the username field, so I guess I'll remove it. If you want to remain anonymous, you can choose to be.

Edit: Updated the chart for all it is worth. (Still ugly, so might fix later)
posted
Kekkai Sensen is what anime should be like instead of all the fanservice crap and a lot of cliched stuff used in almost every anime

I don't know about the rest but I suppose I will check them out
posted
Voted for Bikini Warriors and Valkyrie Drive.

I kinda want to vote for Young Black Jack, but it's still airing and we all know how quick an anime can go down the drain.

inb4 Charlotte wins
posted

piruchan wrote:

Voted for Bikini Warriors and Valkyrie Drive.

inb4 Charlotte wins
......

What?

inb4 Charlotte had a great premise and ruined it all by having a bad ending.

Karuta- wrote:

Kekkai Sensen is what anime should be like instead of all the fanservice crap and a lot of cliched stuff used in almost every anime

I don't know about the rest but I suppose I will check them out
Kekkai Sensen had good music, and so much potential. It could become the next Cowboy Bebop, but ended at the twelfth episode mark too early. KS would be better of it was a 25-episode series. I waited for you, BONES, for three months and you give me this piece of crap?

I suggest you watch the plot synopsis of JJBA Egypt, and watch only the 10th episode, the Vanilla Ice and Dio arc. I also suggest you check out OPM.
posted
I voted for Jojo's bizarre Adventure, didn't chose a second choice yet, for the movie I went with love live, this year was pretty awful overall, I even totally forgot that absolute trash was this year, I though it had been a year at least.

About Charlotte, I think you're wrong because even I, who's a fan of Maeda, am completely aware, he fucked up, he always been a bit overrated, but people saying that Charlotte was great are a case of people new to anime, you can't watch that, if you have at least a bit of experience, without seeing all the plot holes, mistakes, generic cliche and all, it wasn't extremely terrible, but if we consider the expectation, and the guy behind it, is was a huge disappointment and most people know and are aware of that, I would love to believe at least.
posted

piruchan wrote:

inb4 Charlotte wins
Holy shit, please no. The drama on that show was so forced. They pretty much wasted the show's potential by going with that 13th episode.
posted

Navizel wrote:

piruchan wrote:

inb4 Charlotte wins
Holy shit, please no. The drama on that show was so forced. They pretty much wasted the show's potential by going with that 13th episode.
The final episode was a recap episode to a much better anime that wasn't made.
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

The final episode was a recap episode to a much better anime that wasn't made.
No better description than this
posted
Charts are updated. Jojo is really solidifying its lead.

About Charlotte, if you treat the series like a comedy where you're supposed to laugh at the forced drama like Symphogear, the show is actually not too bad. However, with shows like Wixoss making much worse (better) forced drama, Charlotte doesn't really stand out in any way.
posted
It's still pretty all over the place.
Pretty indicative of how much this year dabbled in mediocrity since it is pretty much 'vote for the series with the kinds of quirks you appreciate above all else'
posted
mfw people votes for unfinished anime. It's obvious that Bikini Warriors is best anime of the year :^)

I've yet to watch a few ones I got recommended to decide, like JoJo, Death Parade, Kekkai Sensen, Punch Line, Rolling Girls and some others that I can't remember.

Notable mentions from my part are Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Symphogear GX, Gangsta, Fate/Stay Night UBW, Young Black Jack and One Punch Man.
posted
Notable mentions from my part: Hetalia The World Twinkle,Himouto!Umaru-chan,Binan Koukou Chikyuuboueibu Love,Gintama (2015),Prison School
posted
2015 has been a pretty great year for me, or rather, it still is, what with Owarimonogatari and Haikyuu still airing. Actually, there were so many series I enjoyed the shit out of that it's somewhat difficult to settle on just two titles to vote for.

Anyway, Hibike! Euphonium is the best stuff KyoAni has put out since Hyouka and is this year's #1 for me, mainly due to its refreshingly great MC that could've run this show alone but didn't even have to, since there was a whole bunch of other nice characters as well. Second place goes to the gushing fountain of deliciously mindless fun that is Shokugeki no Souma.

I would have really liked to vote for Non Non Biyori and Owarimonogatari too, but well. Death Parade, One Punch Man, Gintama, Oregairu, Gakkou Gurashi, Working! and Yuru Yuri were/are all really enjoyable as well. Honestly, I it's been a fantastic year. :3
posted
Lmao at koufuku graffiti
show more
Please sign in to reply.