forum

Anime of the Year 2015

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Welcome everyone. 2015 is almost over, so it's time for you to vote for the anime of the year. Please hit the link below, fill out the form, and post your favorites in the forum (Only votes in the ballot will count, but it is a lot more fun to yell out your favorite below. Just don't turn it into a flame war please)

Voting Ballot

Note: You can edit your response whenever you want, so feel free to fill out something now and change it when the season is over.

=================

Technical details: The ballot is separated into 2 parts seasonal anime and movies because I felt it didn't make much sense to compare a single 1 time release with a ongoing weekly showing. However, because of the lack of movies, movies only has a first place vote. 1st place votes are worth 2 points, and 2nd place votes are worth 1. As for the lists for each category, the lists consists of all the shows Anicharts listed from Winter 2015 to Fall 2015 besides the ONAs. If you have any show you want to add to the list, please ask and I'll consider.

About Fall 2015 Anime of the Season: Because of the poor turnout last time and the fact that this will probably eclipse it, I'm not planning to make a topic for this.
Green Platinum
Christ this year was horrible though.

I quit watching anime this fall and before then nothing worth a 10/10 and most things that had a chance of a 9/10 from me colossally fucked up their endings. I almost don't want to vote considering I don't think anything really deserves it.
Navizel
As much as I want to vote for Unlimited Blade Works, I actually haven't seen the anime yet. My AOTY goes to Death Parade with JoJo as 2nd AOTY. I don't really have much choice with regards to movies because the only movie I've seen is Little Witch Academia 2. I'm not saying it's bad though, otherwise I could've left it blank.

Edit: Is that picture really the current standing? Quite baffling because of the Illya and Gakkou Gurashi
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

Edit: Is that picture really the current standing? Quite baffling because of the Illya and Gakkou Gurashi
I think Bliss probably voted for Ilya and Gakkou Gurashi had it's fans like xxdeathx.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I voted for Symphogear and Illya for seasonal, and Love Live for the movie category. I personally hate Gakkou Gurashi's manga and didn't find the anime to redeem the show for me. (Admittedly, I'm undecided on both seasonal shows for various reasons)

Also, about the current standing, that is 5 ppl in total, so subject to incredible bias. I just posted that as a place holder until real data hopefully comes.
Apex_old
untitled
Green Platinum
Ye I gave Kekkai Sensen and Yurikuma Arashi my vote simply because they had a good concept and I'd like to see more anime like them made.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Not planning to do anything with the username field, so I guess I'll remove it. If you want to remain anonymous, you can choose to be.

Edit: Updated the chart for all it is worth. (Still ugly, so might fix later)
Karuta-_old_1
Kekkai Sensen is what anime should be like instead of all the fanservice crap and a lot of cliched stuff used in almost every anime

I don't know about the rest but I suppose I will check them out
piruchan
Voted for Bikini Warriors and Valkyrie Drive.

I kinda want to vote for Young Black Jack, but it's still airing and we all know how quick an anime can go down the drain.

inb4 Charlotte wins
Apex_old
untitled
Hidden-
I voted for Jojo's bizarre Adventure, didn't chose a second choice yet, for the movie I went with love live, this year was pretty awful overall, I even totally forgot that absolute trash was this year, I though it had been a year at least.

About Charlotte, I think you're wrong because even I, who's a fan of Maeda, am completely aware, he fucked up, he always been a bit overrated, but people saying that Charlotte was great are a case of people new to anime, you can't watch that, if you have at least a bit of experience, without seeing all the plot holes, mistakes, generic cliche and all, it wasn't extremely terrible, but if we consider the expectation, and the guy behind it, is was a huge disappointment and most people know and are aware of that, I would love to believe at least.
Navizel

piruchan wrote:

inb4 Charlotte wins
Holy shit, please no. The drama on that show was so forced. They pretty much wasted the show's potential by going with that 13th episode.
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

piruchan wrote:

inb4 Charlotte wins
Holy shit, please no. The drama on that show was so forced. They pretty much wasted the show's potential by going with that 13th episode.
The final episode was a recap episode to a much better anime that wasn't made.
California

Green Platinum wrote:

The final episode was a recap episode to a much better anime that wasn't made.
No better description than this
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Charts are updated. Jojo is really solidifying its lead.

About Charlotte, if you treat the series like a comedy where you're supposed to laugh at the forced drama like Symphogear, the show is actually not too bad. However, with shows like Wixoss making much worse (better) forced drama, Charlotte doesn't really stand out in any way.
Green Platinum
It's still pretty all over the place.
Pretty indicative of how much this year dabbled in mediocrity since it is pretty much 'vote for the series with the kinds of quirks you appreciate above all else'
DakeDekaane
mfw people votes for unfinished anime. It's obvious that Bikini Warriors is best anime of the year :^)

I've yet to watch a few ones I got recommended to decide, like JoJo, Death Parade, Kekkai Sensen, Punch Line, Rolling Girls and some others that I can't remember.

Notable mentions from my part are Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Symphogear GX, Gangsta, Fate/Stay Night UBW, Young Black Jack and One Punch Man.
meii18
Notable mentions from my part: Hetalia The World Twinkle,Himouto!Umaru-chan,Binan Koukou Chikyuuboueibu Love,Gintama (2015),Prison School
Boudn
2015 has been a pretty great year for me, or rather, it still is, what with Owarimonogatari and Haikyuu still airing. Actually, there were so many series I enjoyed the shit out of that it's somewhat difficult to settle on just two titles to vote for.

Anyway, Hibike! Euphonium is the best stuff KyoAni has put out since Hyouka and is this year's #1 for me, mainly due to its refreshingly great MC that could've run this show alone but didn't even have to, since there was a whole bunch of other nice characters as well. Second place goes to the gushing fountain of deliciously mindless fun that is Shokugeki no Souma.

I would have really liked to vote for Non Non Biyori and Owarimonogatari too, but well. Death Parade, One Punch Man, Gintama, Oregairu, Gakkou Gurashi, Working! and Yuru Yuri were/are all really enjoyable as well. Honestly, I it's been a fantastic year. :3
chaee
Lmao at koufuku graffiti
Starfall9908
I voted for One Punch Man and Diamond no Ace: Second Season (Only madhouse here lol)

Kyoukai no Kanata wins my vote for the movies part. That's the only anime movie I watched this year.
Masato96
Of course One Punch Man will be Anime of the Year 2015. The anime is so super-awesome! 8-)
Jinn
inb4 people thinking that charlotte is a joke
Green Platinum

7oker wrote:

inb4 people thinking that charlotte is a joke
A tad late for that, read page 1.
Aomi
Haven't watched HQ!! season 2 yet but I'm going to be biased and say that's going to be the best one for this year (im coming 4 u lev <3)

its not like im going to watch anything else anyway lmao
EneT
Can someone give me a reminder of what actually came out this year?
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

EneT wrote:

Can someone give me a reminder of what actually came out this year?
The list of what came out is on the google doc. (I'll probably update the op tomorrow)
EneT
Eh, nothing deserves any merit so I'm not going to bother voting.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Sorry for the long wait between updates, the chart is now updated. For the most part, OPM fans came....
Navizel
lame
EneT
I'd rather have Jojo at the top. Or maybe that's just me being too hyped up for the 4th arc of Jojo; Diamond is unbreakable.
R e n g e
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
Green Platinum
It's like osu map of 2014 all over again.

It be nice next time to also submit what each person's sample size each person had watched alongside what they rate. I would bet those who rate Jojo highly are watching plenty more anime in the year than those who rate OPM highly.

Also getting what percentage of viewership rates X show high enough to vote for it.
Navizel
We don't even have to go outside of Otaku Culture for reference. We already have one here. In the end, it all comes down to whichever show is popular and usually polls represent popularity instead of quality. This is why sometimes I prefer an individual's opinion rather than a group.
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

We don't even have to go outside of Otaku Culture for reference. We already have one here. In the end, it all comes down to whichever show is popular and usually polls represent popularity instead of quality. This is why sometimes I prefer an individual's opinion rather than a group.
It's funny how attitudes have changed about SAO and AOT. Now hating on them is like a badge of honour.

It'd still be interesting to get some more interesting data from these surveys. Best seiyuu is stupid though.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I guess for spring season, I'll start collecting how many series did they watch that season. Besides that, not exactly sure how to make the survey more interesting. Since this is the osu! forum, I want to add music again, but need help for that (see below). I removed username because that can be faked/trolled with (I know that you can make a bunch of accounts to drag up a series, but at least it won't tarnish someone's name if faked). Plus I believe these polls should be anonymous. I'm willing to also ask other things based on a season provided you can give me a list of all possible results.

About 2013, it was my first time trying to do the yearly stuff, so it was a mess.

Anyone know if there is a database/list of all opening, ending, and insert songs of a season (or at least a partial database). I would add them, but I couldn't find a place to easily poll the information.
piruchan
Come on, how come Bikini Warriors is not up there?

Tfw no vote for Digimon movie.
show more