forum

[invalid] Force Mods on Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheDragonXD
I couldn't find any talk about this request that I had an idea for, so I decided to do it.

One thing that I've not seen a lot of is a way to force mods on a beatmap. This would be cool for designs like forcing Half-time, Double-time, Hidden ETC. on maps for you to get a ranking on it. Basically, this would allow the beatmap creator to choose which difficulties/maps they've created for a song can force a certain mod onto it. You could play with the mod off but then it would automatically become unraked, similar if you chose autoplay or relax mods. This would mean creators could expand on their maps by making them only be counted as completed if those mods are active.

The way the forced mod could be displayed would have a yellow border around it, similar to this:

This would also show up yellow above the bar at the bottom of the client so people can see if the map has any forced mods without having to visit the mod page. This would allow for maps to become increasingly difficult/easier and forcing players to use these mods if they want their score to count. This would obviously require the map to be tested to see if it is possible, as double-timing some mods makes it extremely difficult to complete. A forced mod that makes the map harder could only be activated on maps that are Hard+ difficulty.

This idea mainly came from the Undertale OST, where certain events can lead to songs slowing down significantly to having a different feel, and would also make the maps a little harder. The unranked idea was mainly because doing a map with hidden/flashlight mods may be difficult if you do not know where the things may appear, so allowing players to experience the maps without any mods may help people perfect it without constant failures. Mods like Nofail shouldn't be forced, and the forced mods should not increase or decrease the multiplier, but extra mods that are not forced can have the same affect.
TheVileOne
Too gimmicky for my taste. Mods shouldn't be required IMO.
Bara-
God no
FrzR
lolnothxbye
Sunkiss
I guess that's a no then lol...
Dusk-
That would just be cruel
Endaris
That's nonsense.
If a map plays better with low AR and low CS, just set a low AR and low CS, it's not unheard of. Every map should be mapped with the incentive to be played nomod.
If you want a certain effect on your map, think about it before you mapped not after.
XinCrin
I never play with mods except for Auto/Cinema :(
abraker
Let's force DTHRFL so that pp mapping will be even easier!

NO
Endie-
Then why not just map the map as if there is an easy mod on it?
Stefan
Mods cannot be an indication that a beatmap can be ranked, they're supposed to be played in nomod. That feature is from technical point already impossible, also many many people would dislike this feature.
rabihzaatari9
I mean how can you force mods to all in multiplayer