forum

New PP system. [Updated]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
show more
Bara-
Please don't heptatuple post (is that a word)
Just use the edit button
Trosk-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Please don't heptatuple post (is that a word)
Just use the edit button
^ This, please.
Bara-
How is his post count still 10
Or is that intended after merge?
Reminds me of that one person who always double posted in help >__>
abraker
Can you explain the reasoning and how the 2nd formula works? Why multiply everything? Why choose those constance? How did you come up with the fornula? What is the colon thing?
Maldenarus
It seems you have only basic mathematical skills. To define a formula to get an arbitrary number between 0 and 100 and then slapping an % on the back is bad. If one would like to use a percentage based system you have to come up with something that defines your upper boundry (which would be the 100%) and then calculate based upon that a difference so that one could get an 60% with the given parameters. This would have to be consistent over every parameter in that formula which i, without having it plotted, highly doubt. Having a 130% is sign for a bad system. Why having a chance over 100% in the first place. It´s illogical. The highest possible parameters put into that formula should be 100% not some number above that.

to have a chance system is apart from the very creative calculation utter crap. Why would some low AR maps give lower chance at pp than high AR maps. It would punish new players who are not able to play high AR, and it would encourage farming one map over and over until i get my pp score which isn´t the definition of pp at all.
abraker

Maldenarus wrote:

stuff
^^^ this

Also If you are to make a pp system from scratch, and heck, why not even throw in the perfect scoring system with it, the best way to rate performance is the following:

1) Go through beatmap data to generate the difficulty for the beatmap
  • a) Calculate the probability of completion, aka difficulty, of doing a pattern at time t. This difficulty is measured in the odds of success based on player-constants
    b) Multiply all the odds together ("and" in terms of probability)
    c) Generate max pp = C/(1-probability of completion), where C is some constant
2) Go through replay data to generate completion difficulty index
  • a) Normalized score (0.0 to 1.0) gained at point t multiplied by the odds of success at point t
3) Generate the player pp
  • a) player pp = max pp * completion difficulty index
All is left is to figure out those probability formulas and figure out the player constants, and you got yourself a pretty solid system. Sounds easy, right? I've been researching this stuff for 9 months now and trust me it's hard. Wait until I release an article on odds of hitting a hitcircle and you will see how "simple" it is.
Kurochiie

Remyria wrote:

It's not Final Fantasy, it's Osu!...We're not calculating chances of getting a rare item, we're calculating how good a player is based on his capability of doing good scores with a little bonus on farming(the 400 and something thingy). This feature request is out of place in my opinion.

Plus, there's a detail that makes it even more go into nonsense=> Scores stay, if you do not PP for the score, you will need to BEAT IT to have another chance of getting PP's
You, sir, I like you.
GhostFrog
If you want a number that goes up every time you pass a map, use level and ranked (or total) score. Performance points are meant to measure performance, not playcount.
Remyria
let's try my perf on NNRT with your exact equation:

((((AR*10)*accuracy)*KM/2):100)*grade

((((9*10)*99.9)*1/2):100)*5

(((90*99.9)*1/2):100)*5
((8991*1/2):100)*5
(4495.5:100)*5
44.955*5=224.775 where I get 215 with actual system

seems, decent...but there's a big problem here:

Septembre's score on Midnight Siege

((((9.6(I don't know since your example had HR on an already AR10)*10)*83.75)*6/2):100)*3

(((96*83.75)*3):100)*3
((8040)*3):100)*3
(24120:100)*3
241,2*3

723.6 where he gets...uh...236pp...

I'll try again without applying the DT to the AR

(I skip few steps)
(((80*83.75)*3):100)*3
((6700*3):100)*3
(20100:100)*3

603 . . .

Now let's try with an easier map

one of incognito's perf

((((5*10)*100)*16/2):100)*6
(((50*100)16/2):100)*6
((5000*8):100)*6
(40000:100)*6
400*6

2400pp where he actually gets 135 with actual pp system

just fo fun, let's see of the DT+HR apply to the AR in the equation :D

((((9*10)*100)*16/2):100)*6
(9000*8):100*6
72000:100*6
720*6

It gives a little 4320pp

That's all for me o/

The next time, you should MAYBE make the mods count for like...dunno...100 times less and add something concerning the star rating of the map...?

also make the "KM/2" => "(2xKM)/2" so nomod will really be x1 instead of x0.5 to the result, and with the mod value to at LEAST 50 times less, it will most likely make more sense.
vincaslt
Are you saying that a player that has hundreds of full combos on hard maps but can barely pass 4.5 star insane is equally skilled with a player who has a dozen 6 star map full combos? I dont understand why you want to get pp for everything. Isn't score already like that? Current system forces you to keep improving to get pp, your system just rewards playing a lot of maps...
abraker

BlackWiddow wrote:

Tell me what you think about this! :D
The formula is STILL a shipwreck and apparently so is your mathematical knowledge. First, all you are doing is this:
0.05 * AR * Acc * KM * Grade

Just multiplying stuff together is already a bad intensive when it comes to comparing performance points. Sure they may be ranked the right way, but by no means will they be distributed properly. Also where the hell is the 6 in grade coming from???

Why is this receiving stars and why is this not an invalid request?
Jordanrere
Some minutes ago i was in another player page, then i saw his top ranks... i saw one with 108pp, i donwload it and then i made an FC with the same mods on it but i didn't got any pp... why? someone explain me that.
Endie-

Jordanrere wrote:

Some minutes ago i was in another player page, then i saw his top ranks... i saw one with 108pp, i donwload it and then i made an FC with the same mods on it but i didn't got any pp... why? someone explain me that.
Accuracy
- e - v - b-
With this formula a 1 star dthdhr ss would be worth more than Rafis' Best FriendS dthdhr play
Jordanrere

erikG wrote:

Jordanrere wrote:

Accuracy
Yes he got 100% and i got 95% but that diference it's too big 106(100%) to 0(95%)
Endaris
You're only playing easy maps with a lot of mods which is why the majority of the pp comes from accuracy.
Especially if the map was short you just got barely any accuracy-pp for 95% compared to 100% and the aim-pp wasn't enough.
You can easily confirm this with maps like this one:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/187830
With HR you get 159pp for SS but only 61pp for 93% accuracy. Same story in your case.
Jordanrere
Thanks i was lost to understand it, now it make sense to me.
Insanix_old_1
The best pp system which it is used in o!m
Lex TheGayOtter
Your system completely disregards OD and the fact that high AR doesn't make a map harder for most players, it's a pretty bad system compared to the one we currently have
You need to focus on improving instead of doing the same difficulty maps to try and get more PP
Improve then farm
In regards to the PP system, the one we have is fine albeit can be improved and has been improved over time and I believe that it will continue to be improved, it will always have it's flaws and exploits but it's the best thing we have
Remyria

abraker wrote:

BlackWiddow wrote:

Tell me what you think about this! :D
The formula is STILL a shipwreck and apparently so is your mathematical knowledge. First, all you are doing is this:
0.05 * AR * Acc * KM * Grade

Just multiplying stuff together is already a bad intensive when it comes to comparing performance points. Sure they may be ranked the right way, but by no means will they be distributed properly. Also where the hell is the 6 in grade coming from???

Why is this receiving stars and why is this not an invalid request?

1. read the post I made on the page 2, like 2-3 higher than yours that I'm answering to

2. probably SS=6 S=5 A=4 B=3 C=2 D=1 Of what I understood
casmith789
You can always use score rankings instead of PP if you want something that increases however much you play. At the end of each map you play, scroll down and you will see your score ranking. This will improve for every new ranked map you play, or if you improve your score on an old map. The top score rankings for this are at https://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking.

Your specific request would in my view make the scoring system worse as it doesn't take skill into account. While the current system isn't perfect it is still roughly correlated with skill.
Remyria

casmith789 wrote:

You can always use score rankings instead of PP if you want something that increases however much you play. At the end of each map you play, scroll down and you will see your score ranking. This will improve for every new ranked map you play, or if you improve your score on an old map. The top score rankings for this are at https://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking.

Your specific request would in my view make the scoring system worse as it doesn't take skill into account. While the current system isn't perfect it is still roughly correlated with skill.
the score ranking under the map result screen doesn't update, sadly