alienflybot wrote:

this is so easy
afb time to fc it

( • ̀ω•́ )✰x2

#EDIT : teach me to map perfect map pls ;w;w;;w;w;
Surono

Prophecy wrote:

#EDIT : teach me to map perfect map pls ;w;w;;w;w;
nothing with "pf" things, btw there is only "enough" things..
MMzz
Wow its like this will never be ranked.
Akiyama Mizuki
somebody rank this this is a good map I mean why not
LZD
rank plsssssss
Nwolf
Topic Starter
Raiden
MMzz

Raiden wrote:

OzzyOzrock
gay
Topic Starter
Raiden
tasuke912
FINALLY
OnosakiHito

tasuke912 wrote:

FINALLY
now you can SS
Gemu-
Congrats Raiden :33
ManP
gratz~ my waifu~
Niko-nyan
instead of gratz, i would say gratz for disqualify soon (ofc it will)

why?

There are some parts that doesn't have ANY SOUND (please use 25% to find out about it) for example

00:56:381 -
00:58:381 -
and many more (backfire also found some too)

@tasuke sorry no SS for you atm

backfire will mention too later
Backfire
Alright starting off, i'm going to really only point out egregious overmap or poor decisions, because the map frankly is not bad, just something I generally see as unpolished. I get the feeling that this is a map that will set precedent for the community due to it's nature, so I really want it to be "right". Now "right" means "correctly mapped" not right to me. I would probably never map this way or even just pick this song to be mapped, I think it's not really appropriate for a rhythm game anyways since it's a really strange song. Anyways

01:01:756 - 01:02:006 - are literally ghost notes put in to have a long stream there. There is no noise there whatsoever. Cutting the stream up would be the better solution. This is something small in the scale, but a problem nonetheless.
01:04:319 - Why was this the only thing with a 5 plet instead of a triple plet? Is it just here to be random?
01:05:694 - This is definitely another sight of overmapping randomly.
01:09:569 - this stream shares the same problem as the one before on 1:01
01:18:569 - If this is mapped to the guitar, which I am assuming it is, the measures all restart. so there should be cuts here 01:20:506 - 01:22:506 - 01:24:506 - This is one of the biggest problematic parts of the ENTIRE map. It is just a total spam stream with no challenge or difference at all, overmapped to an extreme.
01:47:319 (45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59) - Literally I dunno what this is supposed to be. There is no extended guitar or vocals, just a double bass pedal drum going over and over, so the justification of drum mapping is not there, so why are there 2 random groups of notes here?
02:32:194 - Ok so just from going and looking in this section for this part in specific, kind of looks like copy paste job to me so good on ya for that, because yet again I see no reason for a 5 plet.
02:59:069 - Entire kiai is swapping drum for guitar at seemingly random spots, makes no sense to me at all. I guess this is more of a subjective thing.
04:10:886 - Definitely should be a kat here considering at no point did you ever not put kats on this sound.
04:53:606 - This section is another example of an idea that went too far in a bad direction. Consistently mapping this section like ddd ddd k or whatever would be much better than ramping it up so you can overmap. This should be an example of a really really bad thing we shouldn't do especially for such a small section. It works on a larger scale or in a song where it supports that, but you did this just randomly.
And now we get to a part where that idea COULD work with 05:20:726 - You opted to just map 1/1...instead of following guitar? What? It's not going to make the map any harder than it is, and breaks have been added sporadically anyway, so now you are left with a boring and slow part in your map. This goes on for like a full 2 minutes.

And now we get to kiai.
07:08:530 - Ok
07:12:530 - 07:14:030 - stream shouldn't even start until this point
07:24:530 - stream should end
07:28:530 - on isn't even filled with a part for a stream? What are you doing man. If you were scrambling for a "long stream to end map" with, you already had plenty. Overkill central and mapped to make a point rather than actually fit the song.

I dunno. I probably should have checked the map before anyways, but yeah. My issues I point out don't even encompass some questionable patterns and kat placement. This is not your best work, it physically does not play correctly to me, and as someone who CAN pass and play it just fine (with the exception of maybe the end stream which is out of place anyways), I think I can tell when something feels correct and feels incorrect.

Much better maps were DQed in the past for SO MUCH LESS, I would be heart-broken if this didn't get reworked in some way. Obviously there is no precedent, and some mappers get better treatment than others, but I want to pull back the curtain and give everyone a fair shake. There should be no double standard and especially in this case, I hope it gets looked at. I was disturbed frankly by the lack of a check by any of the BN. I am not calling "conspiracy" but maybe laziness was the problem here, and maybe it's a problem we need to all work on.

Sorry if I bring you any problems, I don't mean ill will by this comment, I only worry a lot about this community and I want to help this map so that we can definitely make this place better in terms of not only map quality but a good precedent to other mappers. Thanks for your time!
Surono
....... oke, idk this
Topic Starter
Raiden
Will respond once im home finally omg microbiology is boring as heck

Niko-nyan wrote:

instead of gratz, i would say gratz for disqualify soon (ofc it will)

why?

There are some parts that doesn't have ANY SOUND (please use 25% to find out about it) for example

00:56:381 -
00:58:381 -
and many more (backfire also found some too)

backfire will mention too later you seem to ignore how taiko mapping works? correct me if i'm mistaken.

No 1/4 was biased to any sound in particular, they are there to represent the pace of the song (and also they flow quite good).
Quite some bold statements there.

Backfire wrote:

01:01:756 - 01:02:006 - are literally ghost notes put in to have a long stream there. There is no noise there whatsoever. Cutting the stream up would be the better solution. This is something small in the scale, but a problem nonetheless. you seem to either ignore the guitar riffs or the constant 1/4 drumming in the background
01:04:319 - Why was this the only thing with a 5 plet instead of a triple plet? Is it just here to be random? there are plenty of other quints? 00:55:319 (8,9,10,11,12) - 00:57:069 (6,7,8,9,10) - 01:08:819 (3,4,5,6,7) - etc????
01:05:694 - This is definitely another sight of overmapping randomly. whatever you say
01:09:569 - this stream shares the same problem as the one before on 1:01 same answer
01:18:569 - If this is mapped to the guitar, which I am assuming it is, the measures all restart. so there should be cuts here 01:20:506 - 01:22:506 - it's not, it's to the background drums. Can't you see the repeated structure?????
01:24:506 - This is one of the biggest problematic parts of the ENTIRE map. It is just a total spam stream with no challenge or difference at all, overmapped to an extreme. I suggest you buy new audiphones
01:47:319 (45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59) - Literally I dunno what this is supposed to be. There is no extended guitar or vocals, just a double bass pedal drum going over and over, so the justification of drum mapping is not there, so why are there 2 random groups of notes here? because of variety? have you ever heard of that concept?
02:32:194 - Ok so just from going and looking in this section for this part in specific, kind of looks like copy paste job to me so good on ya for that, because yet again I see no reason for a 5 plet. same answer
02:59:069 - Entire kiai is swapping drum for guitar at seemingly random spots, makes no sense to me at all. I guess this is more of a subjective thing. it is. I emphasized guitar where it sounded most clear, and drums similarly.
04:10:886 - Definitely should be a kat here considering at no point did you ever not put kats on this sound. uh, not at all, kats are put on the guitar high sounds which does a riff decrease at that point. I consider it quite a good hand swap pattern
04:53:606 - This section is another example of an idea that went too far in a bad direction. Consistently mapping this section like ddd ddd k or whatever would be much better than ramping it up so you can overmap. This should be an example of a really really bad thing we shouldn't do especially for such a small section. It works on a larger scale or in a song where it supports that, but you did this just randomly. Not random at all, the part is much more calm than the next sections (which I gradually increase density by the way, props to ozzy to pointing it)
And now we get to a part where that idea COULD work with 05:20:726 - You opted to just map 1/1...instead of following guitar? What? It's not going to make the map any harder than it is, and breaks have been added sporadically anyway, so now you are left with a boring and slow part in your map. This goes on for like a full 2 minutes. as I said, I gradually increase density as the 270 bpm kiai approaches, nothing random here

And now we get to kiai.
07:08:530 - Ok
07:12:530 - 07:14:030 - stream shouldn't even start until this point no lol, I won't start the stream there that would suck a lot. You are ignoring many guitar sounds.
07:24:530 - stream should end No, it's just the start of a new section in which I decided to do different patterning. The guitar and drums are still going nuts. Absolutely no point on stopping there.
07:28:530 - on isn't even filled with a part for a stream? What are you doing man. If you were scrambling for a "long stream to end map" with, you already had plenty. Overkill central and mapped to make a point rather than actually fit the song. It doesn't fit the song for you? Well it does for me. Quite a void assumption if you ask me.
I decided to eliminate all unnecessary attacks to the map/song choice and focus on the mod post itself. Your statements are, frankly, quite needless and it makes it really hard for me to take you seriously. So I apologize in advance, but you are responsible for this.

And an advice from my side: read this post t/447557 , it's quite recent but I believe it may help you improve your wording and modding

Thanks for checking!
Backfire
Well, only thing I will say in rebuttle is that it is not a mod, it was rather a specific look over requested by several people, so my "behavior" is going to be different. I also don't think I was being unreasonable either. Oh well, I said my piece, you said yours, no big deal.
Prophecy
Really nice difficulties ;)

Congrats~ <3
pmriva
grats
Surono

pmriva wrote:

grats
riva.........
oh this happen, try for eternity...