osu! World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
807
show more
Athrun

[Taiga] wrote:

Poland vs Canada :|
Rigged!
We all know that Canada will crush Poland Kappa
kuur0

Karuta- wrote:

Finally Malaysia vs Australia again after 3 years
welp much dilemma on who to support now lel
Yauxo
Wont there be any kind of mappool discussion thread this year?
Nwolf
other world cups also had none and tbh I didn't see why they had a seperate thread/people didn't use it the intended way
fartownik
Clumsy Thoughts as a HR is a bad pick. The HP drain without HR is already 7.5, with HR one miss combined with slow pace of the map almost guarantees that you won't revive until the end of the match. This shouldn't really happen and people will be either banning this map or just not picking it since it's really random.
Yauxo

Nwolf wrote:

other world cups also had none and tbh I didn't see why they had a seperate thread/people didn't use it the intended way
So I guess we'll just spam maprelated issues in here?
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
VnSoul

Nwolf wrote:

other world cups also had none and tbh I didn't see why they had a seperate thread/people didn't use it the intended way
Well the OWC from the previous years always got a seperate thread to discuss the mappools so you are wrong
Nwolf

VnSoul wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

other world cups also had none and tbh I didn't see why they had a seperate thread/people didn't use it the intended way
Well the OWC from the previous years always got a seperate thread to discuss the mappools so you are wrong
there has been only one for 2014 and I assume that they had reasons to not continue it for the other world cups and this one. Check your facts please
Kert

fartownik wrote:

Clumsy Thoughts as a HR is a bad pick. The HP drain without HR is already 7.5, with HR one miss combined with slow pace of the map almost guarantees that you won't revive until the end of the match. This shouldn't really happen and people will be either banning this map or just not picking it since it's really random.
But it's sooooo slow and easy to aim so misses shouldn't be a problem? It's not like you 100% die when having SS
I'd say this can be a good tactical move for some of the teams.
MiruHong
You can still die with an FC, one bad stream will kill you and you can't revive.
KevEz
ive died everysingle time on the HR picks using score v2 :C
chainpullz

KevEz wrote:

ive died everysingle time on the HR picks using score v2 :C
Hopefully they fix drain before v2 goes live. At least with v1 the maps where SS'ing barely keeps up/stays ahead of HP10 aren't overly common. As much as group stages are already going to be acc battles from the looks of things it will be sad to see failures without combo breaking.
Kert
Learn to acc
Nothing changes in the maps in terms of rhythm
buny
why is there a 4* map in hd pool?
MiruHong
Cause fuck you - Sincerely the map pool selectors
Endaris
I know that one, it is pretty hard to read with HD. Rather a technical pick too so I think it was added for a sake of variety. Certainly not as easy as it looks just look at the Top50 and consider the overall accuracy people got with OD7 in mind.
We knew the group stage pool would be relatively easy right?
shortpotato
i don't see what the problem with these maps are because there is a veto/ban option in this tournament

don't assume everyone else is the same as you if you can't pass or something
Yauxo
I thought that having some way of reviving was a given for the maps in the mappool.

While I agree that there have to be some more difficult picks, I dont think that having a non-revivable map in the pool is any good. That just kind of forces one of the teams to either gamble on "man, maybe I wont die this time" or ban it (and thus, giving up a slot that might help them with a planned strategy).
Kradfiz
Hello, I have a question about wiki page:
Is there a reason for this information not present on wiki page for this year's cup?

show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply