Wesnesday activated.
PyaKura
11 out of 10 would purge again :D
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
p/4495311

Happy Thursday!
Loctav
About critics that the system was implemented in a rush. Actually, no, it was not. But I believe that people forgot over time that we were and are performing a beta test. The concept was clear and drafted out behind the scenes and we knew that it will be broken at times. We never claimed the system to be done, we were adjusting on the run to what we were doing. While we were patching loopholes, we were working and got headlessly delayed on essential fixes that made us decide to screw things over and rethink it from scratch again, trying to reapproach the initial idea. This is natural under the environment of testing new systems.

I have the feeling that it got forgotten that we always declared and will always declare the current and past approach as a test. Please don't forget that.
ztrot
Yeah sorry that we have been a bit on the silent front but that ends today! HAPPY THURSDAY everyone tho it is actually wednesday my time :P
Mercurial
At least, I'm happy that some pieces are being moved. Although more communication about the current situation would be appreciated...
ztrot
Then simply ask? we have stated we are here willing to talk just tell us what is on your mind.
xxdeathx

Reditum wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4495311

Happy Thursday!
How is it Thursday in our time zone CDFA

ztrot wrote:

Then simply ask? we have stated we are here willing to talk just tell us what is on your mind.
Sure, when are you gonna unveil the new system in its entirety? Ever since the BNG ranking was abolished it's been all talk and no solid numbers or names of anything until these kicks today. But we all want to see the numbers.
ztrot

xxdeathx wrote:

Reditum wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4495311

Happy Thursday!
How is it Thursday in our time zone CDFA

ztrot wrote:

Sure, when are you gonna unveil the new system in its entirety? Ever since the BNG ranking was abolished it's been all talk and no solid numbers or names of anything until these kicks today. But we all want to see the numbers.
Glad you asked as you can see the post in the beatmap management forum that post will be updated and all the hard numbers will be there! Now mind you we are using this as a base for activity the automated system is not in place we have tired other formats but remember what we have been saying from the start all of these systems have been more or less tests, as we get ever closer to FINALIZED format we will keep you updated.

Edit: our main goal is to keep the ranking process moving while testing new things
xxdeathx
if you mean this thread t/334994, it hasn't been updated since it was posted. People have been waiting quite some time for the finalized system.
Zero__wind
oh this is a good thing and should've been done much earlier and more frequently imo
people should know that they have to work hard to deserve their BN membership and rights, of course I mean, people who still want to stay in
and wow I'm still not out yet, I'm so surprised
ztrot

xxdeathx wrote:

if you mean this thread t/334994, it hasn't been updated since it was posted. People have been waiting quite some time for the finalized system.
no not that thread keep an eye on the beatmap management forum
Bara-
Good to see it happened
Happy thursday guys!
Raiden
My, my. I expected a big clean but not THIS BIG O_o

Happy Thursday and good job people!
Loctav

Raiden wrote:

My, my. I expected a good clean but not THIS BIG O_o

Happy Thursday and good job people!
We are not done yet
Bara-
Not yet? O.o
How many BN will go away / are already removed?
Nyukai
BN who are inactive for months have been removed, that was kinda obvious I think.

I just hope people read my post and took care of that ;_;
Raiden
That's still to be cleared up. If I remember correctly, they are calculating numbers and scores and getting exact values /refer to this post/

If the value is not even close to the required activity, I guess they'll be kicked without further ado. In case they are close, discuss it with the BN in question.

/by the way when I said I expected a "good clean" I didn't imply that it was bad, sorry if I made you guys think that. I guess my wording is not the best. I think y'all doing great work moving this forward/
Stefan
Cherry Blossom

Stefan wrote:

Finally.

Don't eat me please D:

After looking at my recent activity, People could think i'm not really active as BN, concerning mods and icons. But I'm always here to help people, and if i were posting chatlogs with mappers i helped, i could get more kds, but i was too lazy for that or not really interested in earning a kd, maybe ? :o

For those who doubt about my activity, i will be always active as BN and and i'm willing to help anyone, help doesn't mean mod & icon. But i think i should give more icons now, in order to show I still do my BN job...
Yauxo
Finally². Only took me 3 month to get out of that group, thats like no time at all \:D/ /s.

Seriously though, I kinda want to see if this system ever gets to the point where it's actually balanced. Would be a shame if it wouldnt ever reach that. Also, why exactly isnt there a way to opt out of the group yet? I dont quite get why people are forced to stay in there whenever they first enter.
BeatofIke
I'm actually a bit inactive atm, but I still mod and nominate from time to time.
My recent mods are just my leftovers (old mod requests, old timing requests, old M4M requests, etc.)
Mercurial
You guys (recent non-nominators and nominators as well) should say this to the administration, I really don't think this is the place to say such things.
ztrot

Yauxo wrote:

Finally². Only took me 3 month to get out of that group, thats like no time at all \:D/ /s.

Seriously though, I kinda want to see if this system ever gets to the point where it's actually balanced. Would be a shame if it wouldnt ever reach that. Also, why exactly isnt there a way to opt out of the group yet? I dont quite get why people are forced to stay in there whenever they first enter.
why opt out when just not taking part yields the same result?
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Because then you get shit like this where the team completely overflows with people who arent actively contributing ; )
Mercurial

ztrot wrote:

why opt out when just not taking part yields the same result?
Because people sometimes feel useful, but they don't want to have to charge with some responsabilities on their back.

Ex: I can be the best modder out there and be nominated to be a Nominator or even a QAT, but I would decline that because I want to mod freely, without chains or holds.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Also, note that literally every other team allows you to leave if you dont wish to contribute.

The reason I was told that leaving wasnt allowed is that "BN is a simulation of modding v2, and you cant leave in modding v2 either", although i honestly havent heard ANYTHING about moddingv2 other than as a reason to NOT fix problems.
Mercurial
Nominators are MATs without a title, which for me it's worse than MATs.
Crimmi

Mercurial wrote:

And the MAT with their purple name was unique for the time, maybe bring that back sometime in the future?
Stefan

Mercurial wrote:

If you're a BN - or want to become one - for a different name colour and title at the forums then you're probably wrong in the team imo.

I guess it's somewhere discussable to say "I don't want to be a BN anymore, I want to leave it". You just to be inactive at all if you don't wish to be part of it, that's how it always worked since the newBAT addition.
Deimos
Leaving the group due to inactivity is one thing, but to force the members to be inactive so they can leave the group another. Not everyone might want to stop modding maps just 'cause they don't longer want to be a BN for whatever reasons. It should be a normal thing when you have to make an application to join the group that you can leave the group by making an application as well. Just 'cause that's how it was since the beginning doesn't mean it has to stay at it is forever.

Be more flexible.
Yauxo
I dont quite get why there has to be a "you wont leave, eff you" mentality in the first place. What do you get out of that? The modder has to stop modding/doing what they like just to leave the group, like that'll help...

There have been some points made in previous posts, I dont think that it'd change anything if I were re-post them.
Bara-
And more people are out
How many (in numbers) are removed and how many are still in it?
I'm quite curious to see how much people (percentually) got removed
Raiden
Around 13 more got removed which leaves BN to the number of 76 if I'm not mistaken out of 10X. Around 25-30% of the BNG removed

Huge, really huge purge I must admit lol
Crimmi

Raiden wrote:

Around 13 more got removed which leaves BN to the number of 76 if I'm not mistaken out of 10X. Around 25-30% of the BNG removed

Huge, really huge purge I must admit lol
30% to be exact out of the 106
whymeman

Stefan wrote:

I guess it's somewhere discussable to say "I don't want to be a BN anymore, I want to leave it". You just to be inactive at all if you don't wish to be part of it, that's how it always worked since the newBAT addition.
Not actually true. Some BATs in the past actually requested for some downtime or when they feel they have to leave. If we played that "waiting game" back then, you would see maybe 100 or so Alumni. There's also some members who completely quit which has to be considered.
Bara-
That's quite a lot O,o
Still quite some left, I though we had +- 70, good to see that's what's left
whymeman
Another thing I've noticed that I forgot to say. When there was a lot of BNs active, it also put a lot of stress with the bubble / qualify limit that created this "rank race" problem. Even with the purge, will this limit be the same or re-balanced to the new activity count?
Yauxo

whymeman wrote:

Another thing I've noticed that I forgot to say. When there was a lot of BNs active, it also put a lot of stress with the bubble / qualify limit that created this "rank race" problem. Even with the purge, will this limit be the same or re-balanced to the new activity count?
We've already requested this multiple times and nobody (staff) wanted to change this. There were multiple reasons given (such as QAT limitations) while we had tons of BNs, I dont see them changing anything with less BNs now.
Bara-
I think it'll be the same, as the inactive ones are removed, bit the actives' activity is still the same
I for example found out I was insanely active is August
And in July too actually
show more