forum

Dancing Dolls - monochrome(Asterisk Makina Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lust
Howdy!

Really nice beatmap you've got there monstrata, I just have a few concerns that need to be addressed before this heads toward ranking.

[Scythe]
  1. 00:32:405 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Very cool looking stream pattern! There is just one issue that I need addressing; 00:32:405 (1,2,3,4) - 's fast upward motion is very quick and forceful, keeping the player's cursor moving in one direction rapidly. Following this, there a multiple flow changes/breaks 00:33:091 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here. Could you perhaps make this smoother or more linear from the previous pattern? Secondly, 00:33:434 (1,2,3,4) - 's condensed pattern formation makes it hard to move in the direction it wants the player to in conjunction with the previous motion of play. Spacing the jumps out might alleviate this issue
  2. 00:54:691 (3,4,5,6) - I can see what you are going for, however I believe this is rather confusing the way it is set up. The default skinset's blue color is rather bright, and with the approach circles overlaid upon eachother and the fast pace of the pattern, it might be hard to notice the pause. I'd recommend spacing out the triplet so that the pause is more noticeable (the approach circles would be less bunched up, making for a clearer-looking pattern, the 0.6x spacing works fine imo).
  3. 02:18:348 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - While the pattern you have here works fine, I encourage you to try and create a rotating pattern that fans outwards. I found that to be a nice touch and adds its own spice to the gameplay when doing so! It fits the circular nature of the patterns in this section quite well
  4. 04:32:748 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - ^ Same here

Nice work! Really well-put together beatmap that can use some improvements. Have a look at what I've pointed out, and get back to me on your decisions/reasonings. Let me know when you're ready to move this forward again!
fieryrage
dude im loving these fast dq's honestly
Ozato Fumika
May I just ask why you decided to use 3 different SVs for some sliders in the beginning??
00:25:891 (5) - 00:27:262 (1) - 00:28:634 (7) - 00:31:377 (1) - 00:36:862 (1) -
Kyubey
CHANGE BG ADD GIRLS
Yuii-
I am getting destroyed.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Lust wrote:

Howdy!

Really nice beatmap you've got there monstrata, I just have a few concerns that need to be addressed before this heads toward ranking.

[Scythe]
  1. 00:32:405 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Very cool looking stream pattern! There is just one issue that I need addressing; 00:32:405 (1,2,3,4) - 's fast upward motion is very quick and forceful, keeping the player's cursor moving in one direction rapidly. I don't see how this upward motion is "quick and forceful" tbh. I mapped these sliders with the intention of making them almost feel like anti-jumps because they are so close to each other while still being 1/2 spaced apart. They are slow and not meant to be forceful. I feel like you've misinterpreted the pattern somehow idk... Cuz no one I asked to testplay had issues with this part. Following this, there a multiple flow changes/breaks 00:33:091 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here. Could you perhaps make this smoother or more linear from the previous pattern? I actually can't see there being multiple flowbreaks here. Of course, i'm considering all the kicksliders as stand-alone circles and disregarding the direction of the tail since they don't affect flow (they do affect other things, but not flow imo).Secondly, 00:33:434 (1,2,3,4) - 's condensed pattern formation makes it hard to move in the direction it wants the player to in conjunction with the previous motion of play. Spacing the jumps out might alleviate this issue They are quite spaced already though. I want to emphasize the white ticks so they've receive the increased DS. This pattern flows quite well for me just by considering the kicksliders as circles. The zigzag flow here is enjoyable to play for me. I certainly have no problems with them, and if you consider the direction of the tails too, they improve the visual flow of the pattern by giving players even more of a visual cue as to how they can play this pattern.
  2. 00:54:691 (3,4,5,6) - I can see what you are going for, however I believe this is rather confusing the way it is set up. The default skinset's blue color is rather bright, and with the approach circles overlaid upon eachother and the fast pace of the pattern, it might be hard to notice the pause. I'd recommend spacing out the triplet so that the pause is more noticeable (the approach circles would be less bunched up, making for a clearer-looking pattern, the 0.6x spacing works fine imo). I really can't see combo color being an issue in reading approach circles unless they are somehow difficult to read due to either following a spinner or due to the background. As for the pattern itself, I'm aware it can be difficult to read, but I think at this level, players should be able to read the pattern with ease.
  3. 02:18:348 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - While the pattern you have here works fine, I encourage you to try and create a rotating pattern that fans outwards. I found that to be a nice touch and adds its own spice to the gameplay when doing so! It fits the circular nature of the patterns in this section quite well I really enjoy this kind of pattern though. I've actually used the exact same structure on the last three of my maps that were just ranked lol. It's really fun to play both due to the zigzag flow from the double square and the rotational flow going into the stars. Idk, but I find rotational flow on squares just really annoying :P. I actually much prefer inward flow to outward flow because it puts less centripetal strain on the player and thus less "mouse-drift".
  4. 04:32:748 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - ^ Same here^

Nice work! Really well-put together beatmap that can use some improvements. Have a look at what I've pointed out, and get back to me on your decisions/reasonings. Let me know when you're ready to move this forward again!

Shioi wrote:

May I just ask why you decided to use 3 different SVs for some sliders in the beginning??
00:25:891 (5) - 00:27:262 (1) - 00:28:634 (7) - 00:31:377 (1) - 00:36:862 (1) -
They were done for emphasis. I really don't think the SV matters that much. It just creates a visual element with a slightly longer slider but gameplay wise they play basically the same as regular sliders. I hope they don't make the Kiai feel uncomfortable to play for you LS.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll see if I can find a better BG but no promises. The current one's pretty cool too xD.
Yuii-
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Hmm... Maybe we should wait for Lust's reply. Apparently if no changes are made, the QAT should simply requalify the map without necessitating all these bubbles.

@Lust, sorry i'm disagreeing with everything but I hope i've explained our differences clearly. To be honest, I feel that in situations like this (and Toumei Elegy) it's best to just post the reasons with a caveat "If no further/satisfactory elaboration/explanation is given by the mapper, the map will be disqualified on the 6th day". None of these are objectively unrankable issues, and I would argue they aren't even that relevant subjectively. They can be discussed without immediately disqualifying the map because either way, if the mapper disagrees, they need to call the QAT back anyways.
Ozato Fumika
They did play fine. Just wanted to know xD
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Ready whenever you are Lust ;o
Yuii-
Guys, I have bad news... Lust is pregnant, he is on maternity leave.
Nobody will take care of this mapset for the following 6 months, we apologize.
Milan-
Pereira006
Alright, we change all timing volume 70% with N:C1 reduce to 60%, is better for now

Approved
Mao
That remix lol Grats!
Myxo
Grats monstartar!
Yuii-

Desperate-kun wrote:

Grats monstartar!
He is ahead of you... AGAIN
Yohanes

monstrata wrote:

Not my usual style. But please enjoy still :D.
01:21:434 (1,2,3,4) - 03:00:177 (1,2,3,4) - Those parts are still "monstrata" xD
LigerZero
Congrats........

done added your beatmap in discography asterisk network by me

Discography
Pereira006
wait, is rank ? hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congtraz then :D
-Asuki-Chan-
lol thats amazing i love this song so fun to play im still trying to get to the level for it but i got pretty far lol and i did it all on nf not to bad.

ht i blew my last record away
-Asuki-Chan-
Lovely map OMG the endurance i had to endure was crazy but i finally got a c on it omg for my rank thats amazing especially with a mouse you go. GOOD JOB i love it :P