forum

HR Accuracy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wank_old_1
What's the best way of practicing HR accuracy? It feels like I'm the only one who has issues with od9.8 or od10 hr acc. Most of my HR plays have shit accuracy, even if I FC, and I've been practicing HR for a good 3-4(?) months now.

Is this something everyone has trouble with, or am I just retarded and can't into accuracy?

Seems like I've hit a wall. I just thought I'd ask and see what everyone else has had success with.

inb4 >play more
E m i
listen to hitsounds and try to consistently sync them to the music, this explanation is old but that's what every acc player does :?
pandaBee
od 9.8+ ar10+ is not necessary at your pp level, nor is it recommended imo. Accuracy first, HR second - not the other way around. Things just get a lot messier and harder if you try to develop accuracy while at the same time dealing with higher, faster ARs and smaller circles. Better to tackle just one thing at a time and then do HR later when you're decent at doing all the prerequisites of HR, other than maybe the higher AR, though addressing that issue through the map editor by editing your maps to higher AR is probably a good idea too.
Topic Starter
wank_old_1

pandaBee wrote:

od 9.8+ ar10+ is not necessary at your pp level, nor is it recommended imo. Accuracy first, HR second - not the other way around.
How else then am I supposed to practice HR if I don't play HR? I can (at least I think, maybe not) read and aim most HR maps completely fine. The problem seems to me to be the od9.8+.

Nomod ar9-9.5 od8-9 maps in my opinion don't prep you for the higher acc needed in HR. At least, that's what it seems like to me. If I can't play HR, why not just play HR until I can? Why practice nomod maps to be able to play HR later? Doesn't really make sense to me.

I'm trying to ask for techniques and practice strategies to improve at tapping HR, maybe that wasn't clear in the OP, I dunno. My aim is for the most part ok enough for most HR maps.

I also can't properly read ar9 maps anymore, which is why I'm so against practicing those maps, but that's a different (albeit huge) issue I need to address later, not in this topic.
Synpoo
just play DT instead

it's easier to be faster than to be accurate :^)
Yuudachi-kun
The people who have good accuracy say the opposite to me.
-Makishima S-

Synpoo wrote:

just play DT instead

it's easier to be faster than to be accurate :^)
I could say opposite - its easier to be accurate than fast >.>
E m i
dt is acc farm mod anyways
pandaBee

xkoreanx wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

od 9.8+ ar10+ is not necessary at your pp level, nor is it recommended imo. Accuracy first, HR second - not the other way around.
How else then am I supposed to practice HR if I don't play HR? I can (at least I think, maybe not) read and aim most HR maps completely fine. The problem seems to me to be the od9.8+.

Nomod ar9-9.5 od8-9 maps in my opinion don't prep you for the higher acc needed in HR. At least, that's what it seems like to me. If I can't play HR, why not just play HR until I can? Why practice nomod maps to be able to play HR later? Doesn't really make sense to me.

I'm trying to ask for techniques and practice strategies to improve at tapping HR, maybe that wasn't clear in the OP, I dunno. My aim is for the most part ok enough for most HR maps.

I also can't properly read ar9 maps anymore, which is why I'm so against practicing those maps, but that's a different (albeit huge) issue I need to address later, not in this topic.
Do whatever you want man. The osu boogieman isn't gonna stop you. Training accuracy is just timing your keypresses to the music. There's no ancient chinese secret to share here, that's really all there is to it.
Mahogany
I'd recommend you relearn AR9 instead of pushing forwards onto HR.
pandaBee
He's korean so he can skip ar9
Topic Starter
wank_old_1

pandaBee wrote:

He's korean so he can skip ar9
yeah i'm pretty great.

No really though.
I suck.
I remember somewhere on these forums someone said that if you can't switch between ar8-9-10 whatever, something's wrong with the way you're playing. Or something to that effect.

Seems like every time I re-learn how to read ar9 I become shit at ar10, and vice versa, may just be a problem with me not playing correctly at this point. A while ago I just kinda gave up and stuck with HR, which is why I'm trying to better my tapping specifically for HR now.

Maybe I just suck at acc in general. HR probably just amplifies that suck.
pandaBee
Which is why I'm telling you you don't need HR to get better at HR when you haven't met the basic requirements yet.

Just like how playing ar 9 is actually better for learning to play ar 10 if you can't play ar 9 yet. It just makes more sense to progress bit by bit rather than making big arbitrary jumps for no reason other than that you feel like it.
ZenithPhantasm
P__y _or_
Mahogany
Zenny chan is there a Z in there somewhere?
Endaris

Mahogany wrote:

I think so too, orz!
HR acc is always bad as long as youre not 100% comfortable with AR10.
The Gambler

Endaris wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

I think so too, orz!
HR acc is always bad as long as youre not 100% comfortable with AR10.
I play HR for the purpose of training AR10 sightreading

Also OP, I wanna see you try and play HR...
ZenithPhantasm

Mahogany wrote:

No there isnt. The hangman got beheaded. Rip hangman
Mahogany
Fuck, I was so close.
I Give Up
Start HR on low bpm ez maps with streams. This allows you to get used to the approach rate. You won't get any pp from these maps and it might look easy at first, but trying to get 99% acc on these without AR10 reaction will be very hard. good luck.
Noobsicle
change skin combo colors to white or light grey or something, should help a bit
also warm up ar9+dt+nf then play hr so it looks slower ye
Deva
First grind 99%+ scores on your level no mod, FC doesnt matter. If you cant do that dont even bother with HR.
-Makishima S-
FC doesnt matter
Biggest bullshit what i ever saw here...
Novalogic

[Taiga] wrote:

FC doesnt matter
Biggest bullshit what i ever saw here...
True, trying to judge a fragment of someones correct opinion out of context sure is a biggest bullshit you can see here, but it's not uncommon. More like a plague here.

Personally i don't think that ar 10 is the biggest issue with hr, since i can play ar 10 maps really well, but when i try to hr something the acc is disastrous :<
Mahogany
I can do OD10 and CS5.2 fine but the AR10 is what makes it impossible for me.

Difficulties with HR vary from person to person
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

I can do OD10 and CS5.2 fine but the AR10 is what makes it impossible for me.

Difficulties with HR vary from person to person
I can do AR10 and CS 5.2 fine but the OD10 which is the real important part kicks my ass and means I can never play HR.
Deva

Khelly wrote:

I can do AR10 and CS 5.2 fine but the OD10 which is the real important part kicks my ass and means I can never play HR.
Did you try playing it till you learn it?
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Did you try playing it till you learn it?
It took me a very long time to get 98.5% fcs on simple singletap maps. Only good fc was up all night for 213pp.
Deva

Khelly wrote:

It took me a very long time to get 98.5% fcs on simple singletap maps. Only good fc was up all night for 213pp.
Just as i already said, dont focus on FC straight away but on accuracy instead. If you also think that what im saying is bullshit thats ok.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Just as i already said, dont focus on FC straight away but on accuracy instead. If you also think that what im saying is bullshit thats ok.
I did both at the same time.
chainpullz
Playing HR at 200+ bpm helps you learn the AR easier since note density will actually give you more of a road map. Higher note density also helps with the hp drain which will just outright kill you for bad accuracy on less dense maps (I don't believe in NF). In all honesty ar10 the lower the bpm starting around 220 the harder it's going to be to read.
Deva
Or just play low bpm and learn ar10 properly?
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

????????

Ar10 doesn't fit super low bpm?
Deva

Khelly wrote:

HK_ wrote:

????????

What i meant is that at high bpm you can just hit first note properly and just fallow the rhythm from there on without even bothering to read while at low bpm note density is almost nonexistent so you actually need to know exactly what you are doing.
Yuudachi-kun
I think you have high ar grossly mistaken. I don't see how having to follow the rhythm doesn't imply reading.

If the bpm is too low then the note density is too low and it's just reaction. At a higher bpm, with the same ar, density increases no?

I wish I wasn't lazy enough to find that really old 2007 map that's ar10 od10 and is 3 minutes of basically one note on the screen every few seconds.
chainpullz

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

????????

What i meant is that at high bpm you can just hit first note properly and just fallow the rhythm from there on without even bothering to read while at low bpm note density is almost nonexistent so you actually need to know exactly what you are doing.
You have this completely backwards. "Following the rhythm" is the very definition of reading.
Endaris
"Following the rhythm" is the very definition of reading.
I strongly disagree.
The Gambler

Endaris wrote:

"Following the rhythm" is the very definition of reading.
I strongly disagree.
Reading implies taking the circles on the screen and syncing the clicks to the beat rather than just following the beat, taking rhythmical complexity and circle placement in consideration during the song's progress.

Following the rhythm implies similarly tapping your feet to the song's tempo, which isn't really reading.
Synpoo
i thought reading was like reading the newspaper on a monday morning while trying hard to not kill yourself before driving to work
pandaBee
Reading is when you partake in the wisdom of the ancients.
show more