forum

osu! Skin Creator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Temu
I am here to introduce an idea that may or may not have already been presented.

My idea is the osu! Skin Creator. This would take resources from other skins, with permission of the original authors, and make your own custom skin with a simple GUI. You would be able to choose from certain premade skins and tweak the parts you don't like or start a skin from scratch and choose everything from sounds to graphics!

I would be programming this entirely in Java or C++ and I will keep it open source. I am not a professional programmer therefore it may not be the best project to ever be released, but I will try my best to make it as nice as possible. Also this project will serve as practice in programming before I go to college.

The inspiration from this has come from [Garin]'s skin TECHNOCANDY (p/4073545). Their skin has a variety of hit circles and other things so you can customize the skin to better fit your needs.

The reason I am posting this is to get feedback on my idea and to make sure I can do it, also if skinners would allow me to use their skins to bring this project to life.

All comments and criticism are welcome!

Thank you for reading,
Temunish
LLoyderino
Well since beatmapr is kaput it would be nice to have a tool to replace it.

Edit: is this a tool which simplifies the mixing of skins through a GUI?
If that is the case I think a web app with skins already loaded in would be more useful so instead of having to download 10 skins in order to mix them. I would be better to mix them online and download the "final product".

Edit 2: searching in the Development forum it seems that someone already did this.

Please tell me if I am mistaken. :)
abraker

Temunish wrote:

criticism are welcome!
Usually it's best to present an already developed tool (at least a rough buggy release) than presenting an idea which we are not sure is a fluke or not.
- Lunarys -
Nice! I want a mania skin creator. :)
Houtarou Oreki
I was always waiting for a thing like this, I like mixing skins. Please do it.
shasta
I would love it! Beatmapr doesn't work anymore and I have plenty of skins that have elements I hate. Creating them would be fun as well . Keep up the good work,
makemecool123

LLoyd-chan wrote:

If that is the case I think a web app with skins already loaded in would be more useful so instead of having to download 10 skins in order to mix them. I would be better to mix them online and download the "final product".

Edit 2: searching in the Development forum it seems that someone already did this.

Butt =a=
Gundam the beatmapr isnt loading at all it take too long
makemecool123

LLoyd-chan wrote:

Butt =a=
Gundam the beatmapr isnt loading at all it take too long