forum

How to deal with sticky/sweaty wrist?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pandaBee
So it's summer, and it's quite humid and warm where I'm living so as you could imagine playing osu makes a small puddle of perspiration that forms between my wrist and the tablet. That lit tle bit of moisture that forms makes it feel awkward to turn, pivot and swerve about my wrist so it's making aiming feel a lot more uncomfortable for me. Do you guys deal with this too? How did you fix it?

Wearing a sleeve won't help for me because the same problem occurs, only with a damp rag wrapped around my hand instead.
And no, air conditioner is not an option.
Deva
Start playing in the fridge.

On a serious note you just have to bear with it. Washing your hands will help you with aim for a short time but im not sure if theres a way to stop sweating.
Endaris
What
What the hell is wrong with you panda? :?
Play mouse, problem solved ;)

On a more serious note you might just want to try a sweatband
markii

pandaBee wrote:

So it's summer, and it's quite humid and warm where I'm living so as you could imagine playing osu makes a small puddle of perspiration that forms between my wrist and the tablet. That lit tle bit of moisture that forms makes it feel awkward to turn, pivot and swerve about my wrist so it's making aiming feel a lot more uncomfortable for me. Do you guys deal with this too? How did you fix it?

Wearing a sleeve won't help for me because the same problem occurs, only with a damp rag wrapped around my hand instead.
And no, air conditioner is not an option.

have you seen those athletic sleeves athletes wear? Me too and they are freaking $20! Pffft, I cut the toes off a clean tube sock and wear it as a sleeve.
Topic Starter
pandaBee

Yahweh wrote:

have you seen those athletic sleeves athletes wear? Me too and they are freaking $20! Pffft, I cut the toes off a clean tube sock and wear it as a sleeve.

pandaBee wrote:

Multtari
Well in case you wanted to know how to keep pen in your hand comfortably then i'd suggest trying this:

Didn't find synonym for hockey tape but that's what it is
markii

pandaBee wrote:

Yahweh wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

I also play virtually naked to fight the heat, I basically only wear the sleeve.
Endaris
Idk how long your hair is but it should help if you wash it before playing and don't really dry it.
The water will keep draining heat from you over a longer period of time if you have "long" hair causing you to sweat less at your hand.
Works for me at least :D
Yolshka

Endaris wrote:

Idk how long your hair is but it should help if you wash it before playing and don't really dry it.
showering in general really helps though i tie my hair up anyway all day if its warm ( even when i sleep) so i doesnt make that much of a difference but no drying.

what i did was i grabbed my old useless shirt and put it under the tap to make it little wet , and wrapped it around my neck.

also put your drink in the fridge .

otherwise no solution , last week it was terrible here i had to shower 3 times day.

E: i play w/ mouse but its still annoying
Topic Starter
pandaBee
I'm no hippie. I keep my hair short/medium length. The problem is that it's like 90 degrees in my room - with the windows open and a computer chassis blowing out heat from its vents.
Yolshka
open the door too to let the air flow through
-sev
Wipe your stuff and move on with your life.
7ambda
Get a small-portable fan.
StephOsu

F1r3tar wrote:

Get a small-portable fan.
this
or get some ice maybe
getting a piece of cloth to wipe off your sweat once after every play might work too unless you sweat a puddle of it after 1 beatmap
Endaris
Any kind of fan/ventilator will just increase sweating as it allows the body to dissipate heat through sweating more easily.
Drinking cold stuff is much more effective as it will cause your body to get rid of heat by pissing a lot. Dumping your feet into cold water might also help as the large surface of your feet will allow heat to be transported out of your body with ease.
B1rd
Why is having a damp sleeve a problem? It's about friction isn't it?
Topic Starter
pandaBee
It still creates friction when I twist about my wrist, kind of like dragging a moist rag across the floor, also hella uncomfortable.
Mahogany
You're lucky, I can only go fast when I sweat and it's too cold to sweat here
Astrofiziks
is sweaty hands while playing osu! a man thing because i've never had to deal with this

drink a lot of cold stuff or something
Topic Starter
pandaBee
not hands, wrist/forearm. The forearm isn't as much of a prob lem as the wrist is. The problem is rubbing my wrists against the tablet while laying on it produces a lot of heat and friction which combined with the high temperatures and humidity leads to a fair amount of sweating.
ZenithPhantasm
Use a water based lube to decrease friction.
LoliPantsu
My hands are always sweaty/sticky from osu
Topic Starter
pandaBee
Is there any kind of powder that could? Maybe something like baby powder? Something that absorbs moisture but doesn't irritate the skin and won't damage the tablet.
Yuudachi-kun
Wash your hands with soap
Shiyzo
Umm I have an air conditioner right beside me, so I just turn it on when my hands get sweaty, then it becomes too cold so I turn it off.
show more