forum

osu!idol 2015 - Results!

posted
Total Posts

Are you ready to jump in next year's osu!idol?

My voice is ready!
42.54%
My voice is NOT ready.
57.46%
Total votes: 134
Polling ended
show more
Garven
From what I've seen, those that are good with mixing are more than willing to help those that cannot. It never hurts to ask when it's needed
Oinari-sama
^Pretty much that.

Effects are just spices to help lift a well prepared dish (except auto-tune.. it turns everything into weirdness regardless of good/bad lmao).

These finalists are all capable of taking out the competition without effects to start with, seems like it'll come down to who's willing to spend more time rather than who knows how to mix wwww
LightDreamer
Auto-tune is for VOCALOIDs and Lady Gaga XD
Topic Starter
Flanster

TwistedDuck wrote:

many words
First of all, thanks! The only hard part about running this is people asking the same questions over and over even though they've been answered, heh.
Anyone can do it if they put their mind to it (im doing it tho its miiiiine).

Second - you're overthinking things, this event was created for fun. Sure some can have a competative attitude and/or advantage but keep in mind that vocal performance is judged, not your mixing skills nor microphone quality, we're not going to cut your score half with the reason "your mic sucks" or give 2 more points because that girl has a Yeti. The only problem that can arise is not enough volume, but trust me I've amped one entry 800% and it still worked out.

And as for the mixing at finals, I am aware it can be a disadvantage not knowing how to work with audio.
If this actually happens someday, I'll make sure it goes out well, wouldn't mind helping out with the basics.
Audio mixing is not something hard, it can just be time consuming.

But anyway, expecting you here again next year!

LightDreamer wrote:

Auto-tune is for VOCALOIDs and Lady Gaga XD
Don't forget Rebecca Black.
LightDreamer
A yeti!? Flan, are you suddenly into hairy things?
TwistedDuck
Fur*
and yes ofc loliflan!
Foxidesu
To me the competition is already over and we have those 3 winners, also the next round has to be seen as an Extra that tells "okay bless our ears now"

At least it's how I see it and i think it's a great idea for us (vocalists) overall, being your own producer and trying to use your creativity instead of just singing a line
which is what you're supposed to do when you wanna share your music on internet
yealina
i got a bad cold and continued for about 3 weeks :(
and my voice has been like this for 2 weeks

http://puu.sh/kYc2Q/6a618b821d.mp3

so maybe i will upload a short ver. instead of a full version orz
i feel very sorry about that orz
Topic Starter
Flanster

yealina wrote:

i got a bad cold and continued for about 3 weeks :(
and my voice has been like this for 2 weeks

http://puu.sh/kYc2Q/6a618b821d.mp3

so maybe i will upload a short ver. instead of a full version orz
i feel very sorry about that orz
Hey, there are still a few days left, plenty of time to get better! Get well soon.
Topic Starter
Flanster
We have received all 3 entries, stay tuned for an upcoming event showcasing the finalists' tracks!
yealina
zzz
Stefan
When.
Garven
The moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore ~
CptHampton
I low-key check this thread like 5 times a day. My anticipation boileth over....
Topic Starter
Flanster
Planned event delayed due to OWC. Should happen on 14-15th.
We will showcase the entries on livestream with hopefully all judges present for input and discussion, after that a global announcement will be made so everyone can submit their inputs for the final results.

If it all goes as planned that is.
Kyonko Hizara
Can I be hype to do this because I am hype to do this
Aiona
hypu~
LightDreamer
Tell all your friends and family! This will be awesome! Best thing to happen on that twitch channel EVER.
Garven
Until next year*
CptHampton
Holy hype I hope it's at a time I can tune in live!!!
yealina
still coughing badly :cry:

wait patiently
Topic Starter
Flanster
If all backfires, I'll just go for announcement right away. Don't want to keep you guys waiting for too long.
LightDreamer

Garven wrote:

Until next year*
Of course ;)
Topic Starter
Flanster
Sadly nothing worked out at the end, I'm sorry everyone.
I am going to wait no more nor will make you wait no more either

The osu!idol FINALS Community Voting will now begin!!

Please click the link below to give your scores for the finalist's entries!!! (will require google login to prevent repetitive voting)
Click me!!!
Voting will proceed until November 30th 23:59:59 UTC!

Spread the word for now! I'll try to get an announcement going.
GOOD LUCK TO THE FINALISTS!!!
CptHampton
Arrrrgh I'm at work right now, can't wait to get home to hear the other amazing entries!
ztrot
I would like to personally say I'm sorry it was kinda out of my hands to make the stream happen my pc failed on me at the worst time possible but I have made sure to get you guys as much notoriety as possible and votes are flooding in so good luck to you all. and again sorry for the delay.
Aiona
It's finally here ♪( ´▽`)
CptHampton
Is there a way to keep the links to the songs up somewhere other than the form? I voted, but just realized that means I can't go back and listen again :(
yealina
google is blocked in China by the CFW...orz
Topic Starter
Flanster

CptHampton wrote:

Is there a way to keep the links to the songs up somewhere other than the form? I voted, but just realized that means I can't go back and listen again :(
Ah..true that, I'll put them up here when I get home.

yealina wrote:

Don't worry, ill take care of this tonight.
Endaris

LoliFlan wrote:

yealina wrote:

Don't worry, ill take care of this tonight.
I think it prevents voting from China too though, I think a poll in the forums would've prevented redundant votes just as well.

Personally I like CptHampton's entry the most, mostly due to the character of the song though as the singing performance of the other two is hard to judge with all the mixing(for me at least, I'm not an expert at such stuff).
I feel like CptHampton and yealina both had slight problems with managing volume relative to the music in a few parts but all entries are still awesome :D
LightDreamer

ztrot wrote:

I would like to personally say I'm sorry it was kinda out of my hands to make the stream happen my pc failed on me at the worst time possible but I have made sure to get you guys as much notoriety as possible and votes are flooding in so good luck to you all. and again sorry for the delay.
You announced it after I told you to in the chat..... You were too excited by the owc.
CptHampton

Endaris wrote:

Personally I like CptHampton's entry the most
Oh wow! :oops: When Flan put up the poll here of who we thought was going to win the finals I was a pretty distant 3rd, so hopefully I can surprise some people and give a good showing for the underdogs out there!
Topic Starter
Flanster
You definitely suprised people already by being the first male finalist :P
yealina
it seems that i'm the worse of the finalist

i don't think it's important that who is the winner, i join this just for fun and sing the songs i love XDDD
but i feel lonely than last year

(and i still ill in bed QA Q)
Oinari-sama
Finally I got a chance to see what's in the envelope :)

It's interesting to see how the contestants apply effects differently, all 3 are worthy of the big stage! I'm glad that the community is voting this year, 'cause it's definitely another nail-biting finals wwww

Good luck all!
Topic Starter
Flanster

Here are the links for the MP3s.

Sagi - Systematic Love
http://flan.s-ul.eu/OQXT0SsA | http://goo.gl/ze7Xyg

yealina - Hyadain no Kakakata☆Kataomoi
http://flan.s-ul.eu/8w5u4phq | http://goo.gl/QzJ5QF

CptHampton - Drumming Song
http://flan.s-ul.eu/ZCA8KxCl | http://goo.gl/NjKmzd

Also I've decided not to create a seperate form for China, as theres nothing stopping those who use VPNs from voting on both forms.
All them factors :linus:
Ayachi-
I wonder why are we using Google forms for voting instead of using the voting on official website like the best of the maps of the year vote at the end of the year.
Topic Starter
Flanster

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

I wonder why are we using Google forms for voting instead of using the voting on official website like the best of the maps of the year vote at the end of the year.
That was my initial idea, but sadly didn't work.
Maybe next year.
LightDreamer
I was thinking about something..... If we go for all community vote next year, we may exclude this year's finalists, because they are already favorites. That wouldn't be fair at all.
show more