forum

Tips regarding stamina?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snusmumrikken
Hey guys and gals

I'm a (fairly) new osu! player from Norway, with around 2200 plays and 414 pp. I have recently started playing more and more hard maps cause I have improved to the point where getting A's and S's on these are well within my grasp. The only issue is my stamina. Although my speed has gotten to normal+/hard standards, my stamina is nowhere near where it ought to be. Even though I am able to keep up with the speed, as soon as the song goes past 1,5/2 min my pen arm starts losing focus, and my performance slowly goes down until the end of the beatmap :? , resulting in a much worse score than what was to be expected from the start. Then afterwards my arm feels all tired.

So what should I do to improve my stamina? do I grind 5 min+ maps all day or are there any other tricks to make my body keep up with my mind when playing?
Any tips and tricks are appreciated!

Mahogany
I have great stamina and I mostly play 3min+ maps. So playing longer maps will help.

Also, a tip to save stamina that I use: Hit sliders with your non dominant finger to give your dominant one a rest. Just make sure you remember to switch back or have the co-ordination to be able to play with either finger first.
Topic Starter
Snusmumrikken

Mahogany wrote:

I have great stamina and I mostly play 3min+ maps. So playing longer maps will help.

Also, a tip to save stamina that I use: Hit sliders with your non dominant finger to give your dominant one a rest. Just make sure you remember to switch back or have the co-ordination to be able to play with either finger first.
thanks! I,ll definately try that :D
B1rd
Tip 1: post in Gameplay and Rankings.

If you want stamina, it's pretty simply: play maps that wear you out. However make sure to take frequent breaks, every half hour, and don't play over 4 hours a day to prevent RSI.
Vax_old_1
Play maps that require a B or C for you to pass or just play stream practice maps. But don't overwork yourself, you'll end up with RSI. (Like the person above me said.)
Mahogany

Kurt wrote:

Play maps that require a B or C for you to pass
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here but if you're recommending OP play maps too difficult for him I'll have to disagree. You might gain stamina, but your accuracy will be irreparably damaged, and you can learn stamina just fine by playing songs of your level.
timemon
Try not to press the keys too hard, I sometimes wear myself out because of this. Take a few breaks once in a while. Don't overwork yourself.

Also check the BPM of the songs. Maybe it's a little bit too fast for you.
Endaris
Don't play with Double Time.
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here but if you're recommending OP play maps too difficult for him I'll have to disagree. You might gain stamina, but your accuracy will be irreparably damaged, and you can learn stamina just fine by playing songs of your level.
chainpullz
Stay away from TV-Sizes. Don't go in with the notion that you can train stamina and earn pp at the same time.
pandaBee
Don't forget to play more.
otoed1
playmore. post count+1
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

your accuracy will be irreparably damaged
Pure bs. Its true that its hard to fix it but not impossible.

OT: Learn to alternate.
woqx

NoMainer wrote:

as soon as the song goes past 1,5/2 min my pen arm starts losing focus, and my performance slowly goes down until the end of the beatmap :? , resulting in a much worse score than what was to be expected from the start. Then afterwards my arm feels all tired.
just get used to playing long maps
don't retry too much
play a lot of relatively easy (that you can fc in a few tries) ~3-4 minute songs and marathons

though at 414pp all you really need to do is play a lot more
leepdesu

HK_ wrote:

OT: Learn to alternate.
Wad

Edit: depends on your playstyle

@ OP Keep playing 2 - 3 minute maps. And try not to pause during breaks
I Give Up
Stamina is more about technique than physical training. Figure out what the best hand position is for you and even the scrawniest arms can stream 300 notes without breaking a sweat.
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

your accuracy will be irreparably damaged
Pure bs. Its true that its hard to fix it but not impossible.
I was just exaggerating to make a point clear. Must you argue such petty points?

The point is that there's next to nothing you gain from playing too difficult maps that you don't from maps your level, so there's no reason to do so.
Endaris

KukiMonster wrote:

Stamina is more about technique than physical training. Figure out what the best hand position is for you and even the scrawniest arms can stream 300 notes without breaking a sweat.
I think he was looking for a different kind of stamina at first.
ZenithPhantasm
A prescription of OD10 usually helps with bad acc
pandaBee
More like it teaches you how bad you are.
winber1

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

A prescription of OD10 usually helps with bad acc
you're basically taking bleach at that point son
The Gambler
Sugar, spice and everything nice.

OT: Use a rubber band on your hand, preferably thick ones. Not only will it help with rebound when streaming, it also provides resistance for finger training