forum

[added] report button on the website

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +289
Topic Starter
silmarilen
Before you say this has been suggested and denied before (it has been, here) let me explain to you why we need one.

Currently there are 2 ways of reporting someone: finding a top50 score and reporting it (only useful if you want to report a cheated score, pointless for other reports), or using !report ingame.
Now here is the problem, what if the person has no top50 scores, and you have no quick access to the ingame chat? you will have no way of reporting the person. This is why i think there should be another way to report people by adding a button somewhere more accessable on the website.
Niroe
In my memories there was a report button on the website, but it seem not...

So in this case, yes, a big +1 on this idea
Bara-
Oeh, I like this
VeilStar
Honestly, I don't see the point in this.

If 'quick acces to the ingame chat' is needed it's more than likely about the in-game chat.
Other reports are probably not urgent enough in the first place.

silmarilen wrote:

Now here is the problem, what if the person has no top50 scores, and you have no quick access to the ingame chat? you will have no way of reporting the person. This is why i think there should be another way to report people by adding a button somewhere more accessable on the website.
In that case I'd leave it up to whatever measurements may be in place. Otherwise you can always report later.

I don't mean to be a dick but I really doubt this is going to help with anything what so ever.
(Not to mention that this seems alot more open for abuse.)
Yuii-
We are lazy people, Veil.

I'm supporting this idea.
Birkis
Lazy people FTW! +1
Topic Starter
silmarilen

VeilStar wrote:

Honestly, I don't see the point in this.

If 'quick acces to the ingame chat' is needed it's more than likely about the in-game chat.
Other reports are probably not urgent enough in the first place.

silmarilen wrote:

In that case I'd leave it up to whatever measurements may be in place. Otherwise you can always report later.

I don't mean to be a dick but I really doubt this is going to help with anything what so ever.
(Not to mention that this seems alot more open for abuse.)
there is a huge forum where things can happen that require mod intervention.

i made this request because of something that happened yesterday. someone was making multiple threads on the forum, all with the same title and same post and after more than an hour they were still there. this is just an example of something that could need a report button.

and how is this more open for abuse than the ingame !report option? other than that it's more easily accessable so more people could click it.
you're still going to be punished for abusing it the same was as abusing !report.

@the two people above me: this isnt about being lazy. if im at university and im browsing the forums i dont have access to the chat, i still want to be able to report people if they break any rules when that happens.
Bara-
Lol
I saw Veil's post, and Imediately (How do you write that?) I thought the same as Silmarilen
That is probably the most useful feature it's for
However, perhaps wait for the new site?
abraker
Isn't there an email thing for these kinds of stuff? I mean, the !report has to go somewhere. Alternatively for the forum spamming, just PM a mod/admin.
VeilStar

silmarilen wrote:

i made this request because of something that happened yesterday. someone was making multiple threads on the forum, all with the same title and same post and after more than an hour they were still there. this is just an example of something that could need a report button.
Now this makes a lot more sense. I blame my complete lack of attention to forums that aren't Help or Feature Requests. My bad. :p

silmarilen wrote:

and how is this more open for abuse than the ingame !report option? other than that it's more easily accessable so more people could click it.
you're still going to be punished for abusing it the same was as abusing !report.
Because we (moderators) can immediately see if the report is valid, this would require some more digging, and delayed responses are not cool. Anyhow, I guess I'm being a bit cynical here. I can't really justify my argument but I dislike things being open for abuse (even if one will get punished for it).

With that being said, I would approve of a report button for situations like these as long as you manually have to add a reason (and be logged in, of course).

baraatje123 wrote:

Imediately (How do you write that?)
immediately

abraker wrote:

Isn't there an email thing for these kinds of stuff? I mean, the !report has to go somewhere.
Nope, not an email. !report command reports are visible to all staff members in a staff-only channel. (That's all I'm going to say about that.)
A website report function suggested in this feature request could also be visible to those who can act upon it in the same way.

abraker wrote:

Alternatively for the forum spamming, just PM a mod/admin.
That can take a while to be read and is generally not a quick option when speed is needed.
Comet
bumping on behalf of xDarkon, this could be a nice addition
Exemmar
I agree. I report their cheated scores on the site, but when the hacker isn't going ham and is not reaching any top50's, then I ignore him, because I'm too lazy to write the command in game. And this little thing would help a lot.
Cayman
z
Topic Starter
silmarilen

Cayman wrote:

I think a report button on each profile would lead to click spam.
not any more than the existing report options.

Cayman wrote:

But maybe a system where the reporter can add detailed evidence like screen caps, video replays, offensive behavior etc. These detailed reports would go directly into a list to be reviewed by moderators.
showing what you're reporting in the first place is only natural

Cayman wrote:

If your detailed report is successful in banning a rule breaker than I think you should gain a badge type of thing (kind of like kudosu) and the more of these badges (whatever you wanna call them) you have the more prioritized your report will be since you are accredited for not falsely reporting players.
dont turn this into more than necessary please.

Cayman wrote:

I think there should be more communication between players and moderators in efforts of trying to keep osu! clean of foul play.

I know that myself and many others have reported the same users many times and these cheats are very very obvious yet nothing has been done so something must be flawed in the reporting system for these reports to go unknown.
that's unrelated to this request.
Asda Meal Deal
This needs to be a thing i feel. Good idea. :)

~upvoted~
Snepif
We also need a staff that actually cares about cheaters and bans them, though. Right now reporting does NOTHING at all... cheaters get banned after 1-2 years of cheating.
NaTha
good idea for lazy people xd
Pawsu
I fully support this. This is absolutely necessary.
7ambda

Snepif wrote:

We also need a staff that actually cares about cheaters and bans them, though. Right now reporting does NOTHING at all... cheaters get banned after 1-2 years of cheating.
Definitely agree with you. I found a cheater in the top 50 for the Game Over diff in Highscore, yet they still aren't banned or restricted.
Danshi_old_1
Yes yes yes! This needs to be implemented along with the ability to ensure the report is anonymous to the person you are reporting.
Danshi_old_1

F1r3tar wrote:

Snepif wrote:

Definitely agree with you. I found a cheater in the top 50 for the Game Over diff in Highscore, yet they still aren't banned or restricted.
Please dont say ExGon... I will go insane if someone else says they are cheating :')
7ambda

Danshi wrote:

Please dont say ExGon... I will go insane if someone else says they are cheating :')
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/MidnightAhri
Danshi_old_1

F1r3tar wrote:

Danshi wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/MidnightAhri
I see! Holy sh*t ban this kid hahaha..
Underforest
Bump.
Seems that this feature is already added or am I wrong?
---------------_old_1

Underforest wrote:

Bump.
Seems that this feature is already added or am I wrong?
It definitely got added. But the "report user" will only appear if your cursor is on the profile's icon area.

Also, not sure why, but it's not anywhere in the changelog either.
Stefan
Going to sticky this one since it isn't fully added yet.
Underforest
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog
Now is in the changelog gg
Seijiro
Added indeed