forum

Summer 2015 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Hello and welcome to another installment of the anime first impressions chart! This Summer chart marks one year since I have taken over the management of the anime first impressions charts.

The Summer season lasts from July 1st-September 30th, and I take that judgement from AniChart. I will be following the anime that are on AniChart, as any anime prior to July 1st are still Spring and after September 30th are Autumn.

The chart can be viewed here.

As always, the colours used for your judgments are:
Green for liked
Blue for neutral
Red for disliked

Only blissfulyoshi and I will be able to edit the chart. I am currently able to manage the chart on my own with him so please do not ask about receiving editing access.
Green Platinum
But no review thread? Surely the opinions of shows people have finished are more reliable than ones made after 1-3 episodes.
Justykanna
Hopefully will be able to check out some new anime this season. =)
Navizel
Here's to hoping Charlotte won't be Glasslip v2.0. Looking forward to God Eater cause ufotable and Monster Musume cause, well... monster girls. Also, new Working and Non Non Biyori season.
Green Platinum
TLRD2 will probably be the worst TLR series yet
DBC will die much like SMC since it is dependant on nostagia
Wont be surprised if Working and Non Non Biyori begin to feel stale much like Kiniro Mosaic
It's the summer series and I've seen enough to know that getting excited for anything is a bad idea
xxdeathx
To Love Ru and Yuru Yuri might have nice songs to map, if previous season are any indication. Don't know about anything else yet.
Green Platinum

xxdeathx wrote:

To Love Ru and Yuru Yuri might have nice songs to map, if previous season are any indication. Don't know about anything else yet.
lol what? TLR themes have never been that way. MORE&MORE is a character song before anyone mentions that.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

Green Platinum wrote:

But no review thread? Surely the opinions of shows people have finished are more reliable than ones made after 1-3 episodes.
You mean reviews from last season? You'll have to ask bliss about that
blissfulyoshi
I guess I'll make a small thread when I get back home.
AmaiHachimitsu
Probably the worst season 2015 incoming.

Gangsta has a chance (only a chance)
God Eater is made by ufotable (but still it's gonna probably be a crap without plot) so I'll watch it.
Working!!! - I don't like it as much, but it's probably the conclusion so I'm gonna watch this.
lemonguy
Glad this thread was made, because I have literally no expectations for this season as of right now.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

Gekido- wrote:

Glad this thread was made, because I have literally no expectations for this season as of right now.
Bring on the reds then :U

I'm watching a lot for hopes that a few will survive
blissfulyoshi
I'm really looking forward to this season personally. Symphogear and Illya easily makes this the season I look forward most to this year (nothing short of Lovelive Sunshine getting an anime this year can probably top it).

I've some hope for Overlord (the CG in the trailer has me a bit scared but I love the series)
Gangsta's pv looks nice animation wise, but I never liked the plot that much for the series.
Monster Musume's pv sadly looks pretty low budget.
Well at least there is plenty of Silver Link to make me happy.
totekingsg1
I haven't decided which animes I'm gonna watch jet. Only Charlotte caught my attention, so I'll probably stick to it.
Renevant
Im gonna be watching TLR and Non Non Biyori for sure. I don't expect much from TLR, but i wanna see how it'll align with the manga. I will likely also be watching Charlotte, since its done by KEY.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
The biggest struggle of new series starting is waiting for the subtitles.
Lanturn
My plans are:

SPOILER
Chaos Dragon: That opening is pretty bad-ass (same singer from Isshuukan Friends) and war anime can usually be a hit or miss. It seems like it could be a hit.. or at least I'm hoping.

Charlotte: I'll probably end up watching the standard 3-4 episodes of it. It feels like something I'll take interest in at first but I'll eventually forget about it and I won't finish it.

Dragon Ball Chou: Dragon Ball has always been a part of my life. A must watch for me, and will be a weekly ritual.

Fate/kaleid liner: I'll wait for this to finish, and then watch all the episodes in a row. I did it with the first season and I ended up enjoying this!

Gate: I'm really looking forward to watching this. I'm a sucker for cross-world medieval/modern shows.

Monster Musume: I have no idea what to expect, but I have a feeling this one is going to be pretty bad, but I'll still watch it anyways... and probably enjoy it in the end. depends how much the fanservice ruins it though.

Overlord: Will this be my RPG I wanted? Either this or Gate anyways. Will definitely watch this.

Senki Zesshou Symphog...; Oh wait.. I still haven't finished the second season yet, guess this will be on hold.

To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd: All my yes. I've been waiting for more To LOVE-Ru!

Lots of shows to check out anyways, Hoping this summer will be interesting :)
Green Platinum
Monster Musume's manga is pretty overrated, I've read like 2-3 volumes worth I think and I just don't get the appeal.
TLRD2's image is 'brainwashed' yami which means this series has plot which is a bad thing for TLR in general
I've always preferred the first Fate/kaleid manga and anime too. 2wei is just missing something
Rio-
I'm planning to watch Charlotte, Gate, To Love-Ru, and God Eater for now...

probably will watch another shows later after I get more impressions to watch them
Navizel
Gangsta. - Off to a great start already. It seemed a bit slow but steady. The soundtrack is great. The animation looks alright, nothing spectacular. The no censorship is a bonus too.

Okusama ga Seitokaichou - This is the series that will replace Danna ga Nani something something it seems. I guess the fanservice was to be expected since Seven has made some 18+ works with Pink Pineapple. Generic and subpar story combined with lame fanservice. Meh. That being said, the animation quality is surprisingly good but unfortunately not enough to save the horrible premise.
show more