forum

[duplicate] Edit Skin System(Pls respond the poll honestly)

posted
Total Posts

What do you think of the idea

I'd like to see it
83.33%
Its something i wont die for
16.67%
I've seen better idea
0.00%
Useless
0.00%
Total votes: 6
Polling ended
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ForeverFabulous
I would like to give an idea that may suck or be good and hope you all take your time to read it. The idea is for a system like the one for edit maps but for skinning. The idea consists for you the player to make skin mixes more easier that with just going to hence edit skin system you can choose all items that skins carry such as cursors. The edit skin system would be able to gather all existing skins and skin items and put them in there respective place and with the click of a button the cursor would be implemented in the new skin folder and to show you what it looks like the background of the testing area will be playing a random beatmap to show you what it would look like in the osu game mode you desire. I really hope i was able to make myself clear what i need we need. Thanks for reading

For more detail like a good friend just said to me it could allow you the person to choose:
Sliders
Spinners
Cursors
Circles
Cursor Trail
Fruit Catcher
Mania Area(choose where the position where you see the board)
Taiko Drum
Reverse Cirles
Hp Bar

And some extra stuff for them like:
Colours
Numbers
Lettering style
Hitsounds
ComboBursts
Snow Effect(choose the style the snow falls)
Cursor Size( i know this exists but to remove the fact to leave the Edit Skin place)

It could also be fun for some parts that are just setting ideas:
Have a place to choose a skin mix if you don't wish to make a skin mix
See the mix your friends are using and be able to DL them unless they have some settings idea
See which mix it the most popular and DL them too
Have your skin in private mode if you don't wish people to see your skin
The fact you can DL cursor packs(doesn't have to be only cursors) and have a greater amount to choose from
This could also change the way people skin as well
I know that peppy put his note on the NextOsu! but i feel like that it only affects the Hp Bar/Score/Combo area placement so please answer me this would you rather accept that or accept the things this edit skin system may offer someone.

Images
This is the Osu Standard version
This is the CTB version
This is the Mania version
This is the Taiko version

P.S I suck at this so.... Deal with it :D

(P.S i know that this is a duplicate but ill edit this every so often)
Support this one guys :D osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/311725

If you have any opinions on this please leave your post and if you dont understand something pm me
Ayesha Altugle
Reminds me of beatmapr.
Topic Starter
ForeverFabulous

Shizuku- wrote:

Reminds me of beatmapr.
It would be like that but inside Osu! and allowing you to take already existing parts for made skins since that is the point of the skin mix and for the person to see how it looks like in gamepla, you can click a button(just a part of the idea) saying preview skin
abraker
IMHO, skin editing in osu! will be implemented in the far far future if not at all. And I'm not talking about your request, I'm talking about changing skin parameters within osu! instead of going into skin.ini.

I would like to see it happen, though.
Oinari-sama
Already quite a few requests out there, eg t/109336 & t/203338

The OP of the 1st topic points to even more requests =.=
peppy
-Maus-
^Hype
Topic Starter
ForeverFabulous

peppy wrote:

http://next.ppy.sh/
Those styles would be awesome and im guessing my idea was in vain but i questioning if that would be packs of addtional options as in:
Choose Score placement position
Hp Bar position
And other stuff
Topic Starter
ForeverFabulous

Oinari-sama wrote:

Already quite a few requests out there, eg t/109336 & t/203338

The OP of the 1st topic points to even more requests =.=

You are right and as in this topic ---->https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/203338 the skin wardrobe would be on Osu! taking all elements from other skins and putting them in a easy to get place and being able to take other elements as well so basically all that he/she said in the other forum
-Maus-
1) Don't doublepost
2) The pictures show those elements moved to various screen sections.
Topic Starter
ForeverFabulous

Transformau5 wrote:

1) Don't doublepost
2) The pictures show those elements moved to various screen sections.

thats what im asking if its only that the move the positions they are at and sorry at the double post im new at this
abraker

abraker wrote:

IMHO, skin editing in osu! will be implemented in the far far future if not at all.

peppy wrote:

http://next.ppy.sh/
... Didn't see that one coming, now did I? ._.

Edit: going to drop this here
t/311725
Mouse Shinobi
Great idea, this would make it easier for people to make skins and it is a lot faster.