forum

[added] Map comments [waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
I've been thinking... Now obviously it's too much of a hassle for people to go to the forum, to the map thread, hit reply then submit...

So, what about adding a shoutbox-like input on the map's beatmap listing? The need to go there to download the map, plus it's where Osu takes you when you click the web thingy. So I figure if there's already a chat box open, they'd be more encouraged to post their comments.

Just more random feature suggestions.
ROMaster2
Wow, I was just about to post the same idea.
awp
I think we discussed this in the first meeting but I don't know what came of it.

It'd make a mod's job even smoother (read: easier/lazier) so I can't say I dislike the idea. I'd use this feature as often as I used edit mode to check timing.
peppy
Sounds good. I'll definitely add this asap/when i get around to redesigning the osu! site (read: another distraction from finishiing multiplayer???)
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
We can always just rule with an iron fist and ban people who are problematic if it's that big of an issue

People can spam the forums already, but they're pretty well-behaved.
ROMaster2

awp wrote:

We can always just rule with an iron fist and ban people who are problematic if it's that big of an issue

People can spam the forums already, but they're pretty well-behaved.
That being said, people who spam with it, you can just disable the feature for that user.
Echo

awp wrote:

... but they're pretty well-behaved.
That's because half the people don't know forums exist :\

If we can go for disallowing access, then I'm all for it too.