forum

[duplicate] Tiers by Rank/Performance

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MartinCL
Mi idea idea is rather simple,
I'll explain the best I can, please be honest about it, if you don't like the idea please give your feedback :)

As I said is a simple idea,
I've been playing osu! for 3 years now,
on this time I've been competing with my friends, first based on Level and then based on Ranking/pp,
and its cool and all, it works for that matter.. you can compete with your friends to see who gets more pp in a week or so.
But as you are getting higher on the rankings or getting more pp it would be nice to see some regards other than just, well.. increasing your pp.
Specially if you are a casual player and you know you won't be on the top 1000 or so.

I though if a simple Tier system was implemented it would be a good way to have more "goals", because right now there is no goals other than getting higher on the ranks (and the achievements that have been the same for years), and that works fine.. but its kind of boring when you are starting, I mean being #500.000 or #420.000 feels honestly the same.

So this is what I thought, make N number of Tiers based on (Your Rank / Total Active Players),
could be Bronze/Silver/Gold, could be something more osu-style like D/C/B/A/S/SS, or something more imaginative,
for example if you are on that 0.1% of the best players you would get a very high tier, and if you are on the 50% a rather low one.

Why like this and not static values, such as if you have 1000pp or 5000pp, because those values are always changing.
Taking your rank based on all the active players is something that would work no matter how much the player base increases/decreases and no matter how much the pp average increases.

----

It would be shown on the profile, could be something simple like:

----

Summary:

- Tier system based on Players Rank relative to Total Active Players.
- A way for casual or new players to have more Goals to pursuit.
- Rather simple to implement: Simple calculation, and just add to profile as Text.

Its not really necessary, but I know it would be something cool for new players and casual players,
and its nothing really hard to implement, so I can't see why it would be a bad idea to implement. :)
OsuMe65
Is this LoL?

Sought no reason to place this one.
drum drum
there was something sorta similar and the feedback......

t/297359/start=0
Topic Starter
MartinCL
Actually I don't play League of Legends, I don't like that kind of games.
This is something that exists in a lot of games, not just "mainstream" ones.

And that "sorta similar" topic is what I said it shouldn't be, you just can't make it based on static values.
It has to be something that mathematically works on every case scenario as intended.
That's why the best approach is to make it based on how up in the ranks are you compared to the total of players.

As I said, is not "necessary" but its something that would give casual players a "goal".
There's nothing really satisfactory to earn for players that are just starting,
I mean nobody cares about the Level, and the ranking is just impossible for a new or casual player to be high placed.

And it could be optional to show for the profiles, just like all other "Information" options are optional to show.
-Maus-
Oh, oh, I have a goal for them!
To get good
And have fun
Basically this
They don't need tiers or stuff, idk if someone'd be happy to see himself have rank F- or w/e
Just my thought
abraker
This is almost why I made this request.
Still need to figure out how to make the system more solid though.
pkhg
will not happen :p
also there are ppl with lower rank who plays like a god
kthxbye
Oinari-sama
Other than already mentioned t/297359, there's also requests like t/114299. Post your alternatives there instead, I think we have enough topics like this already.
Yuudachi-kun
How can you play osu for 3 years when Oct 13 to Feb 15 and Jun 12 to Feb 13 have 0 plays and no activity? It looks more like 5 months of hardly any real activity to me.