forum

The osu! Stick

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Idk whether to post in Development or G&R, but I thought this is interesting:

I believe that you could install osu! on a USB storage device and play it on different computers. But what about having the computer and osu! itself on that very stick (an actual x86 PC)? I mean if it runs on a Pentium 4 I mean it can run here, right?

Welcome the Intel Compute Stick!

I believe it runs on Atom processors and Intel HD Graphics.
Barusamikosu
How many beatmaps can I fit on it?
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Barusamikosu wrote:

How many beatmaps can I fit on it?
There's more info if you click the image link, but I believe it's 32GB of internal storage, with micro SD expansion. The stick itself has Windows 8 installed already.
-sev
Do I get instant rank 1 with it?
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Kaienyuu wrote:

No, but it looks fun to plug into a friend's monitor and get them started on osu instead of hauling your laptop/friend over.
Nameless
I'd totally buy a stick PC for osu! on the go. The problem is, where I'd take it I'd be lacking a monitor.
Gumpy
150$ osu! machine worth it
-sev

The Gambler wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

No, but it looks fun to plug into a friend's monitor and get them started on osu instead of hauling your laptop/friend over.
What a waste of money
nrl
No windows 8. Windows 7 or gtfo.

Seriously though, doesn't windows 8 have constant input lag? And I doubt you'll be able to hack an audio buffer shorter than 5ms on whatever sound card this thing has, so there's no way it could ever be an optimal system to play on.
Flanster
Is this even serious or just a joke?
OzzyOzrock
I'LL TAKE 20 PLEASE
Topic Starter
The Gambler

LoliFlan wrote:

Is this even serious or just a joke?
The prospect of gaming on this? Probably joking. But it would be nice if osu! ran smoothly here. There's more info about it on the Intel site for other purposes.
Flanster
You can always create one by yourself and showcase it.
Top Bunk
The idea itself sounds pretty awesome. The fact of it being intel graphics included ruins it though. I'd like to see a modded one that would actually be capable of handling things.
abraker
For Osu! arcade machines?
xasuma
Minecraft has something like this , for reference.
http://puu.sh/ihRXv/aab1581abc.jpg
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Looks like a regular USB thumb drive though, but neat. Something like a white paint job with the osu! logo on it would be what you meant, right?
As for space, I think 32GB is plenty for a ton of songs.
h4cxxc0r3
then, where is the monitor?
BakaHarcos

Kaienyuu wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

What a waste of money
little noob
DW10
http://blog.ppy.sh/post/132211570533/20151030
I'd like you to redirect you to that page.

Also, they are being planned to be in the osu!store by December or January.
show more