The osu! Stick

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
The Gambler

LoliFlan wrote:

Is this even serious or just a joke?
The prospect of gaming on this? Probably joking. But it would be nice if osu! ran smoothly here. There's more info about it on the Intel site for other purposes.
Flanster
You can always create one by yourself and showcase it.
Top Bunk
The idea itself sounds pretty awesome. The fact of it being intel graphics included ruins it though. I'd like to see a modded one that would actually be capable of handling things.
abraker
For Osu! arcade machines?
xasuma
Minecraft has something like this , for reference.
http://puu.sh/ihRXv/aab1581abc.jpg
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Looks like a regular USB thumb drive though, but neat. Something like a white paint job with the osu! logo on it would be what you meant, right?
As for space, I think 32GB is plenty for a ton of songs.
h4cxxc0r3
then, where is the monitor?
BakaHarcos

Kaienyuu wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

No, but it looks fun to plug into a friend's monitor and get them started on osu instead of hauling your laptop/friend over.
What a waste of money
little noob
DW10
http://blog.ppy.sh/post/132211570533/20151030
I'd like you to redirect you to that page.

Also, they are being planned to be in the osu!store by December or January.
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Damn son the necro is real..

The topic is about the Intel Compute stick, not a USB thumb drive. There are plenty other threads for that.
Ayachi Meme
honestly you can just get a usb flashdrive and copy osu! and a few maps onto it, unless its completely different to what im thinking it is
Topic Starter
The Gambler

- T y l e r - wrote:

honestly you can just get a usb flashdrive and copy osu! and a few maps onto it, unless its completely different to what im thinking it is
Read initial post..
XinCrin

Peppy is alreading working on it
JeremTheOuf

XinCrin wrote:

Peppy is alreading working on it
...that's an USB drive. What the OP means is a portable computer of the size of a USB stick running osu on it. That's not the same thing as a USB drive as you need a PC for a USB drive
XinCrin

peppy wrote:

osu! USB sticks are in! I’ve been running some tests on them and need to modify some parts of osu! to get perfect performance when running from the USB memory itself, but it’s looking promising. 80MB/s write, 200+MB/s read consistent. They feel amazing, too. Look for them on the store in limited quantity either December or January depending on how things go.
Makar

XinCrin wrote:

peppy wrote:

osu! USB sticks are in! I’ve been running some tests on them and need to modify some parts of osu! to get perfect performance when running from the USB memory itself, but it’s looking promising. 80MB/s write, 200+MB/s read consistent. They feel amazing, too. Look for them on the store in limited quantity either December or January depending on how things go.
This thread is not about USB sticks.
Top Bunk

Makar wrote:

XinCrin wrote:

I don't see the difference between the osu! USB stick mentioned vs the point of this thread based off the OP. It's a portable version of osu!, which is exactly what the "osu! USB stick" is meant to do. Ultimately it's still called a USB stick because it can be reformatted to be used like one. As would any potential portable device.
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Top Bunk wrote:

I don't see the difference between the osu! USB stick mentioned vs the point of this thread based off the OP. It's a portable version of osu!, which is exactly what the "osu! USB stick" is meant to do. Ultimately it's still called a USB stick because it can be reformatted to be used like one. As would any potential portable device.
It plugs in via HDMI, so no. Not really.
Makar

Top Bunk wrote:

Makar wrote:

One is a basically mini computer and the other is a storage device.
One of them is plugged into a TV or monitor, and the other requires a computer to plug in to.
One outputs to a display, and the other... is a storage device.

I'm not sure how else to describe it. They are very different.
AstralPhnx
I actually saw one of those intel compu stick thingys at a place I'm doing work at. I could ask to borrow it over break and throw osu on there to see how it runs juts for proof of concept
Top Bunk
Oh, I see now. I misread the OP.
Zaphirox
Unfortunately this is not so good to use, I may recommend their NUCs than the stick :^)
Kyozoru
What if you install it on the other pc?
All your beatmaps will be lost right?
StixStix
This is actually a good idea, and i would def buy it because i need Osu! is already part of my life!