forum

Ar10 reading on 60hz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Section Pass]
So i played Osu! on my notebook for 8month with something like 40fps (linux :/) on a 120hz screen. I was/am able to read ar 10 and able to pass ar 10.3 with that setting.

I bought a better desktop pc on which i can play with 2500fps or more, but my screen has only 60Hz. For the last 4 weeks i was trying to learn ar10 on it, but my brain/eyes/reading(?) are just not fast enough. I can´t even play ar8+dt properly.

My screen is also almost 10 years old, so maybe its not just the low refreshing rate.

So did anyone have similar experiences with high ar´s on screens with a low refreshing rate?
Endaris
According to math 60 hz can't possibly keep you from reading AR10, especially with sync.
bigfeh
You'd only see 40 FPS on the Linux system even with the 120Hz screen, that's fucking obvious

even ar10.33 is easily readable on a 60Hz screen
Yuudachi-kun
I am fine with ar10 on 60 hz.

Ar10.3 not so much
ZenithPhantasm
Higher hz only helps with eyestrain and games with alot of motion which standard isnt. Suck less and play more.
Karuta-_old_1
As what Endaris have mentioned, according to this table

with a 60Hz you get an input delay of 0.01666666 seconds which is about 17 ms which is way below the requirement for ar10 (450)

Higher hz only helps with eyestrain and games with alot of motion which standard isnt. Suck less and play more
also I find this thread on steam quite informative

As for fps, most people would say that 240 fps is more than enough anything higher would be hardly noticeable but good to have
xasuma
60 hz isn't an issue.
Lots of the top players play on 60hz.
But if your monitor is as old as you say, it may have lots of ms of response delay. That might be messing u up. Even then I don't think that would be a big issue either. I am sure that If I played in ur setup I could do ar10 just fine.
GoldenWolf

xasuma wrote:

either. I am sure that If I played in ur setup I could do ar10 just fine.
Can confirm, 240fps and 60hz screen is more than enough for ar10.
nrl

seppel996 wrote:

but my screen has only 60Hz
Your old 120hz screen meant nothing since you were running osu! at 40fps. In terms of frame display you're doing better with your new screen than you would have been with the old one.
dung eater
i can read it with neither 60hz nor 160hz 8-)
ZenithPhantasm

jaaakb wrote:

i can read it with neither 60hz nor 160hz 8-)
In that case feel free to ship your GDM-FW900 to me 8-)
[ yogurt ]

seppel996 wrote:

So i played Osu! on my notebook for 8month with something like 40fps (linux :/) on a 120hz screen. I was/am able to read ar 10 and able to pass ar 10.3 with that setting.
Pass as in "barely escape failure"?
Yuudachi-kun
You motherfuckers who can pass ar 10.3 the real heroes
-Makishima S-

Kheldragar wrote:

You motherfuckers who can pass ar 10.3 the real heroes
"Heroes of our time" can full combo 6* with HR.

On topic - Here is good artice about FPS and Screen refresh rate: http://hometheater.about.com/od/televis ... efresh.htm
In your case it doesn't matter, if you was able to play with 40 fps, playing with more should be better.
Might be just case of getting used into diffrent fps (120+ is more smooth) so in my opinion - play more and get better at it.

#Believe
buny
Keep in mind that no matter the refresh rate, the approach rate time is always the same
ZenithPhantasm

buny wrote:

Keep in mind that no matter the refresh rate, the approach rate time is always the same
This.
E m i
they say that using a a gray bg decreases the AR by ~0.03
bigfeh

[ Momiji ] wrote:

they say that using a a gray bg decreases the AR by ~0.03
it doesn't
E m i

bigfeh wrote:

it doesn't
thank
Barusamikosu