forum

Jimmy Eat World - Just Tonight

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metroid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 2:35:59 AM

Artist: Jimmy Eat World
Title: Just Tonight
Tags: Futures Album Alt. Rock Alternative
BPM: 172.97
Filesize: 3961kb
Play Time: 03:14
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.75 stars, 435 notes)
  2. iNiS201 (3.24 stars, 238 notes)
  3. Insane (4.88 stars, 514 notes)
  4. Normal (4.18 stars, 351 notes)
Download: Jimmy Eat World - Just Tonight
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
A beatmap someone requested me to map eyars ago.
This song is now the Most Played Song on my iPhone.

1st upload - Initial upload
2nd upload - Blazevoir Fixes.
3rd upload - MetalMario201's Difficulty uploaded and his fixes.
4th upload - MetalMario201's new BPM.
5th upload - Added Insane.
6th upload - Added a comboburst. (Pippi just doesn't seem to fit the song to me.)
7th upload - Did NotShinta's and Doomsday's suggestions. Offset is now 662.
NaomiMinette
Well, let's see here:

Blue = suggestions/minor issues (don't have to fix)
Green = you might have to fix this
Red = you MUST fix this

[General] (all but one thing listed applies to both diffs)
* You need a difficulty that is 3 stars or less.
* Normal seems too difficult to be a Normal, so rename it to Hard.
* Hard seems a bit difficult to be a Hard, so rename it to Intense.
* 00:33:926 - Make the first Kiai Time start here instead?
* 01:18:319 - Make the second Kiai Time start here instead?
* Shouldn't the last Kiai Time end after the final note?

[Normal]
* 00:11:902 (2) - Move this note to an earlier red tick to follow the vocals better. Afterwards, you'll also have to fix the placement of this note on the grid [as well as (1)].
* 00:17:538 (2) - Same goes for this note, but you don't have to fix (1).
* 01:51:267 (1) - Ehh... I don't really get this spinner...

[Hard]
02:14:157 (2) - Move this one grid space right?
02:25:255 (2) - Move this one grid space left?

Holy crap, I'm actually loving this song :D Anyway, you need an easier difficulty.

I'll give you a star later.
Topic Starter
Metroid

Blazevoir wrote:

Well, let's see here:

Blue = suggestions/minor issues (don't have to fix)
Green = you might have to fix this
Red = you MUST fix this

[General] (all but one thing listed applies to both diffs)
* You need a difficulty that is 3 stars or less.
* Normal seems too difficult to be a Normal, so rename it to Hard.
* Hard seems a bit difficult to be a Hard, so rename it to Intense.
Just No. I'm not going to change the names and I have NEVER heard of any rule stating I need a difficulty needing 3 stars or less.
* 00:33:926 - Make the first Kiai Time start here instead? ] Meh No.
* 01:18:319 - Make the second Kiai Time start here instead? Meh No.
* Shouldn't the last Kiai Time end after the final note? Meh No.
[Normal]
* 00:11:902 (2) - Move this note to an earlier red tick to follow the vocals better. Afterwards, you'll also have to fix the placement of this note on the grid [as well as (1)]. Sorry but No, I think they are fine as is and it keeps the flow of the song going.
* 00:17:538 (2) - Same goes for this note, but you don't have to fix (1). No.
* 01:51:267 (1) - Ehh... I don't really get this spinner... It follows the instrument in the music. Listen. :3

[Hard]
02:14:157 (2) - Move this one grid space right? sure
02:25:255 (2) - Move this one grid space left? Sure

Holy crap, I'm actually loving this song :D Anyway, you need an easier difficulty.

I'll give you a star later.
Done.
NaomiMinette
You're kidding, right? The rule about you needing a 3 star difficulty or less has been around for a while already (unless you're only going for approved).
mm201
Offset: 642. This gives notes the same timing but fixes all the effects on the main menu.
Move all kiai sections to start on the nearest TALL white ticks.

Normal:
  1. 00:11:989 (2) - Move forward by a 1/4. (Syncing a stylized lyric is baaad.)
  2. 00:17:538 (2) - ^
  3. 00:41:382 (7) - This slider's rebound is mistimed. inb4makeup. Suggesting you shorten it by a 1/4, remove the rebound, and add a note at 00:42:596 - .
  4. 00:42:683 (1) - This ends much too close to the next notes for a Normal. Please end it at 00:44:677 -
  5. 01:01:671 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Confusing
  6. 01:27:076 (1) - See 00:42:683 (1) -
  7. 02:16:758 (1) - ^
  8. 02:53:347 (5,6,7,8) - Confusing
  9. 02:58:897 (5,7,8) - ^
Hard:
  1. Lower the drain rate on Hard by one notch.
Volunteering an "Easy."

Edit: Done. And on closer inspection, please use an offset of 642, not 632.

Download: Jimmy Eat World - Just Tonight (Metroid) [iNiS201].osu
NaomiMinette
Lol, mind explaining your difficulty name, MetalMario?
mm201
iNiS style

Have a star, but I don't think my diff's quite easy enough. See if you can't commision a beginner difficulty from someone?
mm201
I knew something was still off with the timing. Please set a BPM of 172.970.

My diff is attached with the update.

Download: Jimmy Eat World - Just Tonight (Metroid) [iNiS201].osu
dkun
I'm blown away, this is an amazing map.
❤ = ★
Starrodkirby86
Annnd revived. Good luck! ;)
NotShinta
Half-arsed mod go

General:
MetalMario201 in tags, also.

Insane
Tick rate 2? Makes the hold slider sliiightly easier to read. In fact, said slider is sort of out of place in the map, to me.
00:20:414 (6,1) - I think this anti-jump is kind of weird...
00:25:617 (2) - I would assume in gameplay that this is 1/2 earlier, judging by the previous combo.
Map seems kind of awkward at parts, but otherwise pretty good.

Hard
00:20:934 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Anti-jump
00:22:842 (2) - Spacin'
Fun difficulty~

Normal
AR +1? At the moment, it seems a bit clustery.
00:53:014 (1) - I always start this/copypastas 1/2 earlier, because of spacing.
01:59:962 (1) - ^
I can see people complaining this is too hard for a normal. Yep.

iNiS201
00:41:920 (6) - I think this could look better, but w/e

Pretty much a fun map. As I mentioned, some spacing seems very silly, but I dunno.
Doomsday
'sup o/

1. BPM sounds good to me, but that offset sounds off. I got Offset: 662
  2. Also, Normal has a wildly different offset to the rest. I guess this was accidental, so could you make that the same as the other difficulties?
  3. Perhaps you could set those custom combo colours for the INIS201 difficulty? Since the rest have those colours. If MM specifically wanted to keep the default ones, then no biggie, you can keep 'em.
  4. You could probably use an easier difficulty for this. Would be good to have something lesser experienced players can play. If you're still gonna try to get this ranked, you'll need one anyway.
[INIS201]

Looks clean to me. Personally I would've increased the Approach Rate a bit, but I know MM likes it this way.

[NORMAL]

I wouldn't really call it a normal. It looks like a hard to me, but it's pretty fun though. I'd say to rename it to hard, but there already is a hard :o

That said, perhaps you could turn the Approach rate up a bit? by 1 or 2 notches?

[HARD]

00:22:495 (1,2) - Maybe stack (1) on the start of this slider? that little spacing anti-jump is a little ugly I think. Stacking it would look and play better imo.
00:25:270 (1,2) - ^

This ones pretty fun too. Not keen on the short spinners you're using, but I generally dislike short spinners anyway, so you can ignore that one :)

[INSANE]

Man, when you're used to Insane maps with bigger circles, these ones become so much harder.

00:25:270 (1,2) - Same as in hard. Stack (1)?

Apart from that, seemed alright. Some of those triples 'n' jumps in the chorus are tricky, but the song is more "hectic" there anyway so I see where that fits in.

On the whole, this is good stuff. It's lacking an easier difficulty, which is really could use, but what is here is pretty fun. Remines me of older maps, which I guess makes sense since you were more active back then. Good job :)

You get a star from me
Topic Starter
Metroid

NotShinta wrote:

Half-arsed mod go

General:
MetalMario201 in tags, also.

Insane
Tick rate 2? Makes the hold slider sliiightly easier to read. In fact, said slider is sort of out of place in the map, to me. The tick rate works, I'll add it.
00:20:414 (6,1) - I think this anti-jump is kind of weird... Areas like this are supposed to break spacing for a moment for symmetry...
00:25:617 (2) - I would assume in gameplay that this is 1/2 earlier, judging by the previous combo.
Map seems kind of awkward at parts, but otherwise pretty good. No, otherwise it falls out of tune with the lyrics in the song.

Hard
00:20:934 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Anti-jump I like it like this
00:22:842 (2) - Spacin' This is on purpose off spaced
Fun difficulty~

Normal
AR +1? At the moment, it seems a bit clustery. ?
00:53:014 (1) - I always start this/copypastas 1/2 earlier, because of spacing. It's fine as is.
01:59:962 (1) - ^ See above
I can see people complaining this is too hard for a normal. Yep. I guess so but it's kinda supposed to be a little hard... .x.

iNiS201
00:41:920 (6) - I think this could look better, but w/e This is perfectly syymetrical...

Pretty much a fun map. As I mentioned, some spacing seems very silly, but I dunno.
I've done most of your suggestions Doomsday. I won't change MM's difficulty colors (colours) because that's up to him. Offset has been changed. Insane's note will stay because I like the anti-jump there atm. Hard's has changed. I won't make a 5th difficulty because this is a full set and I originally made this back when my easy was well.. easy... I think...
Andrea
Revived.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.