forum

[invalid] A few features I find necessary

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ArtificialDj
Feature Nr.1: Ability to use RX with SD/PF and AT with SD/PF.
So, 3 different versions of RX and AT

Feature Nr.2: Ability to choose wether to have only the Hitcircles disappear when using HD, only the Approachcircle disappear when using HD or Both when using HD.
So, 3 different versions of HD

Feature Nr.3: Ability to choose wether only the Hitcircles should be small when using HR, only the AR increases with HR or Both when using HR.
So, 3 different versions of HR

Feature Nr.4: Ability to cause beatmaps to "fail" before the last hitcircle so that you don't accidentally get a really shitty rank on a really difficult beatmap when you accidentally lose yourself in a really good song.
So, a fail-safe for us casuals when we just want to play a beatmap because it has a good song and not get a rank on it.

Feature Nr.5: Inverted FL.
So, a second version of FL.

Feature Nr.6: Ability to customize the width and the borders of sliders, so that you could for example: Have invisible sliders.
Could and should any of this be implemented?

I'd really like it if they were implemented in the game.
Gumpy
nr.1 Fine
nr.2 no
nr.3 no
nr.4 no
nr.5 fine
nr.6 Why?

Having 20 mods do slightly different things is pointless.
jesse1412
1. Sure sounds reasonable, having relax/autopilot not fail is very annoying too.

2. No.

3. See this thread instead t/141204

4. Literally no reason at all, you don't get penalized for bad scores.

5. You can do this with skinning, shouldn't be a mod.

6. Sounds pretty useful for some skins that change the "size" of circles.

Pretty sure you're meant to have 1 request per thread though.
Conor
O2MasterFX
1. Looks good for me.
2. No.
3. (link above)
4. Go play with SD/PF
5. Cursor become blindspot for circles? No!
6. No. HR Players will get advantage for this. Prefer custom width for hitcircles.

Anyway, I find this not really necessary at all.
Bara-
1.) Can be nice, but failing normally should be implemented first. Also, as there is no hitmiss shown, you can NEVER know what note caused it

2.) Heck no, it'll make it too easy (if you don't have circles, you can still 'see' them due to the approachcircle

3.) Heck no, will make HR too easy. Also, Jesus linked a thread

4.) I can see this being useful, but you said you didn't care about ranks, so I wonder why

5.) Requested before (search for Inverse Flashlight, I requested it about 2 years ago, got marked duplicate (can't search due to phone)

6.) Heck no, Slider based maps will be too easy with HR this way
Topic Starter
ArtificialDj
Please explain why allowing users to be able to customize sliders in their skin folders make playing hr easier?

Also, the HD and HR part I can do without, this is just suggestions I'm posting after all...

Lastly, why not inverted FL?
Bara-
HR makes circles smaller
If you make the sliders bigger this effect is gone
Also, for inverse FL, refer to t/142101?hilit=Inverse
TheVileOne
Please suggest only one request per topic.

Getting relax modes to be failable will take some effort, but is possible.

If you have a bad score, get a better one. Stop playing maps you can't get good scores in.

People have suggested every variation of Flashlight already. Please use search next time.
Topic Starter
ArtificialDj

baraatje123 wrote:

HR makes circles smaller
If you make the sliders bigger this effect is gone
Also, for inverse FL, refer to t/142101?hilit=Inverse
I am not talking about making sliders bigger. I am talking about making them 100% transparent so that they are not visible at all or that you can atleast remove the slider borders.

If anything, they should make the slider sizes fixed to a certain hugeness that you cannot get past but allowing players to make sliders smaller or tinier in their skins.
Oinari-sama
Please read the Guidelines carefully before making requests. Keep to ONE request per topic.

#1: They used to be selectable together (was unintended) and I don't see this coming back. Support t/16005 & t/101667 instead.

#2: Not going to happen.

#3: Support t/141204

#4: Similar ideas were rejected many times. Official response was "Log Out"

#5: Read the response here: t/142101

#6: See point#8 in t/29068

----------------------

And just for future references, new topics with multiple requests will be marked invalid/duplicate with/without answers to all queries from now on. Exceptions may be given when it makes sense to combine the requests in 1 post, at the staff's discretion.

Please read the Guidelines and do a search before posting new requests. Short lists like this with little details and thoughts offer very little help to the devs.
Topic Starter
ArtificialDj
alright, thanks for the help. I now know more than I did before and am grateful for the help getting there.