forum

[duplicate] Streamer spotlight (via the website)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
A Pig that flys
There's a lot of osu! streamers in the community, both high and low ranks, and with the growing streaming community in Twitch/LiveStream/whatever, it's getting increasingly harder for new(er) streamers to get more viewers. So, alongside other things (osu!weekly...that's like, the only recurring non-in-game thing right now?) how about a "Featured streamer" section. Maybe once every week or other, a consistent osu! streamer (someone who streams osu! say, 3/4 times a week at least) who is also smaller in the streaming community and is fun to watch and interact with get's promoted/featured on the osu! site. Not only does this help the smaller streamers grow their viewer base, it would be a good source for people to see who's a good channel to watch, other than browsing through every channel, only to find one or two worth watching. :D
abraker
Dont we have this?
drum drum

abraker wrote:

Dont we have this?
i think they want the section there
Oinari-sama
Who's gonna watch every stream everyday? I don't know if Tasha has that sort of time (do reply if you read this Tasha).

On a related note, changes may be coming though the plan is not yet revealed: p/1558126
abraker

Oinari-sama wrote:

On a related note, changes may be coming though the plan is not yet revealed: p/1558126
3 years? I can only assume Peppy "forgot".

Honestly most of the streams are not that interesting. As Oinari-sama said, "who's gonna watch every stream everyday?" If people would watch an osu! stream, it would top players like rrtyui or WubWoofWolf.
Oinari-sama
Had a chat with Tasha (in case you're not familiar, Tasha is the person in charge of osu!Weekly).

While it's possible to do something similar, it'll be in the form of random streamer (ie not selected after watching every streamer) and it'll be massively time consuming. So it's probably best to wait for t/85114 and see what'll happen.

There's an alternative you can check out for the time being though (though it focus on the players instead of the streamer): t/175252