forum

Various Artists - Cherry Blossoms and Broken Streams [OsuMan

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shoegazer
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10:44:39 PM

Artist: Various Artists
Title: Cherry Blossoms and Broken Streams
BPM: 93.25
Filesize: 40223kb
Play Time: 04:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. (Marathon) Letters of Crime - Animatype (17+) - 4Key (5.85 stars, 4787 notes)
  2. 403 ERROR - FORBIDDEN (17-) - 4Key (5.72 stars, 2440 notes)
  3. Blitz Lunar - Mathsma Attack (15) - 4Key (4.9 stars, 2025 notes)
  4. DJ Myosuke - Anguish (16) - 4Key (5.35 stars, 1966 notes)
  5. Kalafina - Magia (17+) - 4Key (5.25 stars, 1702 notes)
  6. Katy B - Witches Brew [Expert] (16+) - 4Key (4.63 stars, 1458 notes)
  7. Phantasma - Illumination [Expert] (17-) - 4Key (4.61 stars, 1879 notes)
  8. Phantasma - Illumination [Hard] (16) - 4Key (4.58 stars, 1690 notes)
  9. TheMetea11 - Neutron Factory [Expert] (16) - 4Key (4.89 stars, 3725 notes)
  10. TheMetea11 - Neutron Factory [Hard] (16-) - 4Key (4.58 stars, 3279 notes)
Download: Various Artists - Cherry Blossoms and Broken Streams
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Cherry Blossoms and Broken Streams

This is a minipack of maps that I've made over the past few years, aside from the ones that I've already uploaded on osu!mania. The ones that I have already uploaded that are present in here (FORBIDDEN) are different enough to be considered uploading and I can't update them because they're already in the graveyard.

Anyway, there aren't too many maps in here. A sampler of 10 charts, most of them are generally speedy jumpstream and other things. I plan on making another pack soon - this tim with easier charts that are both good for lower-level players and for speedy demons to play on DT.

Also the star rating system is horrendously inaccurate, as always.

Map List
The difficulty scale I have goes up to 20 - I would put AiAe at 17+ and Verse IV at 15 for comparison. The order of difficulties are from the easiest difficulty to hardest difficulty in terms of star rating. These difficulties has scoring difficulty as the main factor - but passing difficulty will also be incorporated albeit with far less weightage. Use this difficulty scale as a general guideline, rather than a way of determining skill level. The numbers are ultimately, subjective, inexact and insignificant.

Blitz Lunar - Mathsma Attack (★15) - Dense jumpstream at 225, with some 1/6 bursts at the end. Has a nice "break" in the middle.

TheMetea11 - Neutron Factory [Hard] (★16-) - Standard dense jumpstream and handstream at 200, with 1/6 short runs. Some small breaks.

DJ Myosuke - Anguish (★16) - This mainly started off as a practice map for me, but I eventually played this nonstop because the song choice is amazing and the patterns are exactly the ones that I want. 223 BPM dense jumpstream, but the patterns get harder and harder as the song progresses. Maybe I'll make a map similar to We Fucking Hate You with this, I'm not sure.

TheMetea11 - Neutron Factory [Expert] (★16) - More layered than the Hard chart and no break.

Phantasma - Illumination of the Sky [Hard] (★16+) - 18 second stream / 18 second stream / long break / 16 second stream @ 306 BPM. Good for speed practice.

Katy B - Witches Brew [Expert] (★16+) - Two 30 second 1/4 jumpstream runs, with a jump on every beat. Patterns are relatively hard to read - not much break.

403 ERROR (xi vs. ZUMMER) - FORBIDDEN (★17-) - Similar to my 4K Overdrive chart, but the 1/12 bursts are redone and some parts of the chart are smoothened down to be more musically relevant and less retarded. This is also one of my favourite charts to play.

Phantasma - Illumination of the Sky [Expert] (★17-) - 306 BPM stream that goes on for almost 90 seconds.

Kalafina - Magia (★17+) - Tied with Animatype as the hardest chart in the mapset. It starts off with some 1/8 jumpstream/handstream at 125, and continues with tons of 1/12 bursts at 125 (375 BPM 1/4s) and a very long 1/12 run at the end. Generally relentless, but personally my favourite chart from the mapset.

Letters of Crime feat. Megurine Luka - Animatype (★17+) - Tied with Magia as the hardest chart in the mapset. Very stamina-based map, 280 BPM jumpstream with jumps on every beat sounds more relentless than it does on paper. The runs span from 20 seconds to a full minute, so there's almost no room for breathers. The "breaks" in this chart are mainly jacks, which are also stamina draining. This is probably an 18, but I'm not 100% sure.
PiXL
Best mappack in all of osu!mania
dizzy catto
love this one