forum

How can I be more consistent with my plays?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyron
I am very rarely able to FC a map due to my lack of consistency in plays. I mean, sometimes I am able to FC a map but most of the times I can't even reach 300 combo. And i'm not talking only about 5 star maps. I can't even FC 4 star because when i reach a higher combo then i suddenly miss the easiest circle because i get stressed. My hand gets sweaty and my heart starts to beat really fast when i''m approaching the previous combo that I had on that map. This is really frustrating because i can't farm pp. How can I become more consistent with my plays and be able to reach at least 400-500 combo on any map without so much stress?
ZenithPhantasm
Dont retry and dont forget to play more
Barusamikosu
Play through maps all the way.

Try some marathon maps too. If you can hold combo on those, shorter maps will feel easier.
Topic Starter
Cyron

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I already play at least 4 hours a day. More in weekends.
dung eater
concentrate more on your plays, think about circles and what you should do and how you do it and what goes right and what goes wrong
otoed1
playmore.
ZenithPhantasm

xVortexXz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I already play at least 4 hours a day. More in weekends.
Use Shift+Tab while in game.
usa
You got nerve issues. Consistent players can cope with nerve issues.

Keep composed throughout the song. Keep your heart rate in check. Breathe deep when you have a break.
Adapt a steady, controlled playstyle as opposed to reaction based panic attack style of playing.
Get rid of the mindset that a FC will mean anything, chill out since it's a pointless game.
Try to rank songs and retry a lot to slowly get rid of FC anxieties.
Mahogany
If you fail FC too many times on one song, move on. You'll start getting mad at the game even if you don't feel mad and will start messing up on dumb stuff. Find the sweet spot for retries.
I Give Up
Eat healthy, stay hydrated, sleep well so that you get top physical condition then play more and believe that map is easy and you will fc so that you won't get so nervous. Otherwise you will keep thinking everything is hard and get nervous when you have high combo and accuracy.
Endaris
Consistency comes with sightreading tons of maps with appropriate difficulty(would be around 4,0 star diff for you I think).
Judging from your profile you're playing the same maps over and over again and you don't care about accuracy.
Hitting many 100s on a regular basis means that you're not in full control of what you're playing. And control and consistency is pretty much the same thing in the end.
=> Focus on upping your accuracy a bit and download some beatmap packs to play.

You can also spectate other people and compare their (cursor) control to yours.
pandaBee
Play more. Play a few steps below your maximum playing ability and try to get comfortable with those maps.
Pituophis
From the thread I started that is basically about the same problem.

Barusamikosu wrote:

Play more.

Care less.
Seems to work.
Antiforte
Control your nervousness ^^

I managed to get a huge high score on a map once, thanks to staying calm.

Of course, it's impossible to improve without playing more.
Ziassan
As said before, you can hide everything using Shift + Tab, honnestly it can help relax and just focus on clicking & having fun.
Nyxa
  1. F2
  2. Play the whole map
  3. F2
  4. Play the whole map
  5. F2
  6. Play the whole map
  7. F2
  8. Play the whole map
  9. ??
  10. Profit
Somehow this works if you focus on being consistent while playing the map
buny

Tess wrote:

1. F2
  2. Play the whole map
  3. F2
  4. Play the whole map
  5. F2
  6. Play the whole map
  7. F2
  8. Play the whole map
  9. ??
  10. Profit
F2 x20 until you get a song you like
Barusamikosu

Tess wrote:

1. F2
  2. Play the whole map
  3. F2
  4. Play the whole map
  5. F2
  6. Play the whole map
  7. F2
  8. Play the whole map
  9. ??
  10. Profit
This works for me. Use the "star>", "star<" search terms if you want to play within the "PP zone".
Yuudachi-kun
Group by difficulty
Sort by difficulty

Done - who needs to F2?
Nyxa
Everyone that doesn't like your method
Barusamikosu
F2 is nice when you have a lot of maps.