1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
First off, I didnt check the map or read the thread beforehand, so Im just purely answering to the text below. Im also assuming that it's a "standard" kind of map.

xxdeathx wrote:

I really don't understand why AR9 in a 189 BPM >4 star insane was a DQ reason, since AR9 is the norm for pretty much every insane over 150ish bpm nowadays. I've seen it used on far easier maps than this.
I honestly dont think that things under 4.5ish* can be "surely/100%" AR9. It always depends on the density and overlaps and stuff, but really, the patterns cant be so difficult that you'd need AR9 on 4.11*. Even if it is 189 BPM, give it a try on 8.5 or 8.8 if neccessary. More people will be able to play it and it'll also be much more enjoyable on DT.
Though, I'd agree that that's a bit over the top to DQ over the AR.

As I said, I didnt check the map, but I wanted to answer to that. Give AR8.5-8.8 a try and be a bit more open to that.
posted

Kibbleru wrote:

soo... lets see here.

hitsounds too similar to music --> DQ
hitsounds too different from music --> DQ

HAH
Go on like this I don't know how to add hitsound. Then I don't know how to mapping.
lol
细思恐极
posted

KaedekaShizuru wrote:

Kibbleru wrote:

soo... lets see here.

hitsounds too similar to music --> DQ
hitsounds too different from music --> DQ

HAH
Go on like this I don't know how to add hitsound. Then I don't know how to mapping.
lol
细思恐极
细思恐极
这是逼我们用osu内置hitsound
posted
This definitely belongs in the Hall of Infamy for one of the worst disqualifications ever.

Good luck, monstrata.
posted
just sharing my opinion, but that combo color its really hard to notice, idk I think you really should change it >:

posted

Yauxo wrote:

First off, I didnt check the map or read the thread beforehand, so Im just purely answering to the text below. Im also assuming that it's a "standard" kind of map.

xxdeathx wrote:

I really don't understand why AR9 in a 189 BPM >4 star insane was a DQ reason, since AR9 is the norm for pretty much every insane over 150ish bpm nowadays. I've seen it used on far easier maps than this.
I honestly dont think that things under 4.5ish* can be "surely/100%" AR9. It always depends on the density and overlaps and stuff, but really, the patterns cant be so difficult that you'd need AR9 on 4.11*. Even if it is 189 BPM, give it a try on 8.5 or 8.8 if neccessary. More people will be able to play it and it'll also be much more enjoyable on DT.
Though, I'd agree that that's a bit over the top to DQ over the AR.

As I said, I didnt check the map, but I wanted to answer to that. Give AR8.5-8.8 a try and be a bit more open to that.
you are correct, but the point being made here is that at a certain point the AR of the map should be up to mapper's interpretation and honestly shouldn't be a DQ reason at all lol

the map plays fine and not forced for what it is at AR9, if monstrata wants to keep it like that he shouldn't be forced to change it.
posted

Kinshara wrote:

This definitely belongs in the Hall of Infamy for one of the worst disqualifications ever.

Good luck, monstrata.
^ this
We should make a golden book.

Good luck!
posted

captin1 wrote:

combo color is extremely minor and mostly irrelevant
ar point is dumb, as monstrata said 9 is best considering the bpm and density
the claps are mildly additive, but they still fit well with the song and help give a better sense of timing during it

absolutely contest, i don't see a single thing that would warrant this.
^
posted

Skystar wrote:

captin1 wrote:

combo color is extremely minor and mostly irrelevant
ar point is dumb, as monstrata said 9 is best considering the bpm and density
the claps are mildly additive, but they still fit well with the song and help give a better sense of timing during it

absolutely contest, i don't see a single thing that would warrant this.
^
I couldn't agree more on this one...
Combo color being a reason to disqualify a map oO.
Wasn't even an issue on this map compared to some others....
posted
Solution for such imbroglio:

@monstrata:

* Please call Dexfrild or someone very very experienced on hitsounds to redesign/make up them.

* After this, call me back for checking everything.
posted
Combo colors must not blend in with the map's background/storyboard/video. This is so the approach circles are always visible to the player.
Stop using shitty combo colors that you get from the background. Use something bright and/or edit the combo color a higher saturation/luminosity than the base color.

Pretty much any color darker than #80 when converted to grayscale is going to run into issues. Not to mention, kiai and other additive effects are significantly less vibrant at lower RGB values since additive blending adds the RGB value to the color underneath. If you use a black combo color for example, kiai will not work at all because you use 0 for the RGB values, adding 0 to everything. Not to mention, anyone using background dim without a skin force will hate you.

Just delete the color and move on with your life. Nobody is defending how this combo color adds to the song. Everyone is just complaining about the disqualification for something that doesn't seem like a big deal. Drop the AR9 to AR8.9. Change the claps to whistles. Done. I sincerely doubt that there would have been a disqualification if the blue were a better color.

TheGrimOfCrazy wrote:

1. I study colour theory and know for a fact that if any colour were hard to see on this bg it would not be the dark blue but actually the orange.
Its common for people to hate on dark blue when they play full dim but that doesn't apply to ranking. Please test on default skin if your skin can't handle dark colours well.
Clearly you don't know about how osu! colorization works. Even if the entire background were the exact orange color chosen, the simple fact that the orange is 255,149,43 means that the background when dimmed to the default of 30%, 178,104,30. That's a difference of 77,45,13, which is pretty substantial. The dark blue is just 23,46,83. The difference from a pure blue background would be 7,14,25.

I always test on default skin, and the default skin is very hard to see the dark blue, mainly for the reasons I outlined above. Mappers need to get over themselves and follow the rules. Please note that there is no rule about soft hitclaps or AR9, so those are purely opinionated reasons outlined by the QAT, which are debatable. The dark blue combo color clearly violates the rules.
posted
But my bg isn't anywhere near a solid blue color lol. Tbh, now that i think about it, its better to consider the readability of the approach circle based on its entire play time, not just screen shots. It plays just fine for me. Calling it unreadable is completely inaccurate but semantics aside, waiting for Loctav/ztrot.
posted

ziin wrote:

The dark blue combo color clearly violates the rules.
No.
There was a topic about combo colors saying that rules should be added in ranking criteria for black and white combo being hard to read (I disagree with white lol) but anyway, it got denied. So even there your dark blue color is out of subject. I agree it can look a bit odd at first sight on 100% dim but it's totally readable and if I personally disagree with it I can just put my own skin combo.

Anyway, what we're saying is that it's a minor thing and doesn't warrant a (last minute) DQ. I mean, the topic cleary shows that nobody cares of it.
posted

monstrata wrote:

But my bg isn't anywhere near a solid blue color lol. Tbh, now that i think about it, its better to consider the readability of the approach circle based on its entire play time, not just screen shots. It plays just fine for me. Calling it unreadable is completely inaccurate but semantics aside, waiting for Loctav/ztrot.
I call it blending in with the background, not unreadable. The only unreadable color is black on black.

That being said, the dark blue color is significantly less readable than the other colors in the top left corner of the playfield. The QATs and myself agree that this is too much.

Yales wrote:

I mean, the topic cleary shows that nobody cares of it.
There are times when black and white can be appropriate, thus it shouldn't be a rule.

Yales wrote:

Anyway, what we're saying is that it's a minor thing and doesn't warrant a (last minute) DQ.
Breaking any rule warrants a DQ.
posted

ziin wrote:

Breaking any rule warrants a DQ.
Since the map stays readable there's nothing wrong. And you said yourself that combo colors doesn't need any rule.

Breaking any rule warrants a DQ. However combo color isn't a rule. So there's no broken rule here. -> Abusive disqualification.
posted

Yales wrote:

ziin wrote:

Breaking any rule warrants a DQ.
Since the map stays readable there's nothing wrong. And you said yourself that combo colors doesn't need any rule.

Breaking any rule warrants a DQ. However combo color isn't a rule. So there's no broken rule here. -> Abusive disqualification.
White combo color on black background is fine. Black combo color on white background (while silly and I'd advise against it) is also fine. Black on red is fine. Combo color is a rule, you can't have it blending into the background.
posted
combo color is fine/readable for me
posted
Where does it say the specific color I chose is unrankable? Only pure black and white are objectively dq'able. I'm referring to qat when saying the color is apparently unreadable.

Ziin- blending is subjective, your color number jargon assumes a bg that is a solid color, which is not the case.
posted

monstrata wrote:

Ziin- blending is subjective, your color number jargon assumes a bg that is a solid color, which is not the case.
Yes, the rule is subjective. My jargon assumes a solid color because that section of the map is a mostly solid color, which is the only trouble area.


Can you really say that this does not blend at all?
posted
played absolutely fine to me. imo orange is worse lol
show more
Please sign in to reply.