forum

I have a Bad habit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackFrost141
i have a bad habit, and this happens quite often and i often fail songs because of this. the problem is where i play a map with very fast jumping between multiple notes and i will snap to the note and press the note to early and go to the next and i just completely fail the rest cause im so far ahead of myself. i need to fix this problem if i want to get better but i dont know how ;-; ,please help me
Mahogany
Play more
Vuelo Eluko

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Play more
m8 hes too busy playing league of legendzz gotta get that big dick bronze IV status
Topic Starter
JackFrost141

Riince wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Play more
m8 hes too busy playing league of legendzz gotta get that big dick bronze IV status
i stopped playing league but just have not changed my picture yet. but i was asking for advice, not some mean comments
Endaris
it's k, everyone has bad habits
gotta go slow
bigfeh

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Play more
also i have the bad habit of shitposting and that can't be fixed by playing more
be thankful
Saphirshroom
Actually it could be fixed by playing a lot more.
Mahogany
Maybe you should calm down while playing because the only thing I can think of is you're way too overexcited or something to pay attention to the timing maybe?
Saphirshroom
Oh and on topic, I had that problem as well.
Go back to slower map and actually hit the notes instead of skipping them. Playing maps where you skip them doesn't make it better.
Topic Starter
JackFrost141
another thing i wanted to ask, should i get a tablet(i used to have one but i lost the pen :/)
Astrofiziks
playing more maps that are on your skill level would help.
Mahogany

JackFrost141 wrote:

another thing i wanted to ask, should i get a tablet(i used to have one but i lost the pen :/)
If you're serious about playing osu, yes.
In_Disarray
play the slowest song in existence and see if you make it to the end with your mind intact
Saphirshroom
I honestly think you should fix your bad habit before moving on to tablet because snapping with tablet is harder than with mouse so that might make your problem worse. Then again, if you plan to play slower maps anyway once you get your tablet you could simultaneously get rid of it.
Barusamikosu
Work your way up from slower and easier maps.

Endaris wrote:

gotta go slow
Topic Starter
JackFrost141

Saphirshroom wrote:

I honestly think you should fix your bad habit before moving on to tablet because snapping with tablet is harder than with mouse so that might make your problem worse. Then again, if you plan to play slower maps anyway once you get your tablet you could simultaneously get rid of it.
the problem isnt the snaping, its that i go faster than i should. an example is i snap then i tap/click then i snap again. so im going to fast and i just mess up my timing
Saphirshroom
I'm aware of that but using a pen adds another layer to that problem by making snapping more difficult.
Your problem is bad hand synchronisation. Tablet doesn't make it better since it takes longer to stop and accelerate the pen than it does with a mouse, giving you an even smaller window to hit the notes. Dragging reduces that effect.
And like I said, still your choice. Maybe it's actually better to buy a tablet since it'd reset your muscle memory completely.
dung eater
listen to the music, tap to the music

don't just click on notes as fast as you can
-Makishima S-
Play maps on your skill level, forcing fast progress will just make it worse.

I do understand that improving at osu! is indeed fun it brings a sense of accomplishment and amazement with what you're capable of when you really try however you should let skill come to you and you should not try to chase after skill relentlessly
t/187364
pandaBee
This might be of assistance to you.

Endaris wrote:

gotta go slow
E m i
gotta go fast

i like when people compliment my snapping