forum

Some Updates

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Been a while since my last post, so figured I should bring you guys up-to-date! Well I haven't been working on osu! for the last month due to both real-job commitments (which are still ongoing, but should calm down soon), and work on another mini-project named puush. I encourage you to all check it out; give it a shot and pass on the word to anyone you think would get use out of it. Myself and a friend have put a fair amount of effort and thought into it, and have a lot more planned! Think of it as a quick multi-platform way to share files of any kind (or take screenshots). We have a special offer going where you will get pro features for 3 months for free if you register before the end of June, as well ;).

As for osu!, although I haven't pushed out any new updates recently, I do have a lot planned for the future and while this may be the longest I have gone without posting a single changelog, things are by no means drying up nor over :). I have to say that it is amazing how smoothly osu! operates now with minimal effort, and throw out a thanks to the BAT and all others who contribute to keeping things going.

Oh, osu! arcade will be appearing at another smallish gather in Western Australia early july. I will make sure there is plenty of video and photo coverage. My group of real-life friends also plans to do another osu! live stream event in the near future, so keep a lookout!
Natteke
Yay, I was thinking about updates minute ago and here it is XD
Will check puush right now
edit: I think puush quick start window lacks 'Exit' key

Totally <3 this !
Xanek
I know it's still a work in progress but:
♦Is it basically similar to Uppy! but better?
♦Can we currently see other user's items that they upload, or can it only be shown via a link?
♦Will there be a option to turn off the sound when it puushes a picture/file?
♦What is the retention period mentioned in the FAQ?
:P
TKiller
Topic Starter
peppy

Xanek wrote:

♦Is it basically similar to Uppy! but better?
basically.

Xanek wrote:

♦Can we currently see other user's items that they upload, or can it only be shown via a link?
coming soon.

Xanek wrote:

♦Will there be a option to turn off the sound when it puushes a picture/file?
yes.

Xanek wrote:

♦What is the retention period mentioned in the FAQ?
how long your puushed files are available for others to download.
Natteke
Is there a way to change the file format, it seems that there is only .png?
Topic Starter
peppy
Screenshots are only PNG for now. Other options may be available in the near future. If you are uploading non-screenshot files, there are no limitations, though.
TKiller
a little notofication (that could be optionally switched off) when puush begins uploading a file would be nice, I've accidentally uploaded 2 screenshots right now, thinking sth went wrong first time. Damn my low upload speed D:
RemmyX25
puuuuuuuuuuuush
Pokebis

I am offended.

Also I got the /DL tag, I feel cool. Program is pretty well put together, but doesn't serve much use for myself.
Randy96
I probably won't be using puush as I have no need, but I have some questions anyway.

If total Pro storage is unlimited, and total Free storage is 200mb; what happens when you run out of Pro, but your storage exceeds that of 200mb?
Xanek
you're going to be S.O.L.
but yeah, good question..
Topic Starter
peppy

Randy96 wrote:

I probably won't be using puush as I have no need, but I have some questions anyway.

If total Pro storage is unlimited, and total Free storage is 200mb; what happens when you run out of Pro, but your storage exceeds that of 200mb?
Limitations aren't in place yet, but it will likely mean you won't be able to upload new files without deleting old ones first.
Orkel
Tested puush, works well. You should add an option for automatic [img] tags around the link that gets copied to your clipboard, would make it faster on forums.
Topic Starter
peppy
May be a consideration, but it would be targetting a limited audience. Maybe formatting can be customised as a text string, so it isn't restricted to a single-purpose.
Jollepoker
Just started using this, works like a charm! Makes things so much easier!
Ekaru
I love this. Thank you, this is what I've wanted to an extent, other methods are such a hassle. There's a good chance I'll go Pro when these 3 months are up. Uploading with this requires, like, no effort compared to other methods. "I want to upload this... done!"
Jerrysr
I love ad-free !!!

Great !!!
;)
bagnz0r
There's no Linux client, so it's no use for me.
Gabi
That warm and fuzzy feeling from supporting puush.

^_^
kappiec
i love it :)
FurukawaPan
puush me
and then just touch me
til I can get my
satisfaction.
fabriciorby
Omg, it works :D

Nice (:

oddysea682
So you can upload custom skins and screenshots with this?
Cillu
Will you be raising the file size cap when this goes gold?
Topic Starter
peppy
Check the FAQ.
Aqua
I told you already but now again on osu :)
Puush is really an awesome thing! :D Really great work.
Imageshack Image-Uploader byebye :)
Nakata Yuji
I must say, the capture area command is going to be invaluable for me.
Chotki
I love puush, but how can I take say, an image and put it in a link with [ img ] tags?

I tried it on another forum and it's not working. :>

Never mind, the forum just rejects the link type. Puush is awesome. (:
oddysea682
Sweet I just got it
it worked great until it for some reason glitched on me
I pushed the shift+ctrl+3 to many times
Randy96
Woah, decided to try out puush. It's super convenient and easy to use! Just need to get use to the controls and try not to press too much, lol.

osu! related: When can we expect a large update, like say an added feature?
Zerix
Perfect software! :)

Really, it's so much easier ^^ i deinstall now the old image uploader software 'cause this is really faster, thanks peppy! thanks
Topic Starter
peppy

Randy96 wrote:

osu! related: When can we expect a large update, like say an added feature?
Getting your hopes up would be irresponsible of me at this stage.
Chotki
Just wanted to let you all know, to display the images you upload to puush on other websites that don't accept the link, add /index.png [or a different filetype when those are released], then IMG tags, and voila!

LOVE PUUSH <3
Nakata Yuji
Perhaps you should add in some basic referral program to gain users early. Something like 10 extra megabytes of storage for free users. I don't know, but just throwing it out there.
Chotki

Nakata Yuji wrote:

Perhaps you should add in some basic referral program to gain users early. Something like 10 extra megabytes of storage for free users. I don't know, but just throwing it out there.
I guess it's not useful right now since we get three months Pro for free.
But yeah, I agree.
Natteke
had problems with updating till I turned puush off and then on again
Chotki

Natteke desu wrote:

had problems with updating till I turned puush off and then on again
Same but it says so when you click help, lulz.

still lovin` puush.
Randy96
What's retention period? How long it keeps the file in database before deleting it?
Topic Starter
peppy
Yep, how long the file is available.
Sakyosa
Awesome and very convenient. I'll be ditching ImageShack for this lol. :)

Question, though. How do I create a new Pool?
Topic Starter
peppy
Creating new pools is one of the "coming soon" features ;).
Project_HQ
Awesone Stuff. Good job making these. The links are totally short and easy to use... Thanks for creating this.... :)

EDIT : I hope they're will be multiple file upload... Doing one file at a time is tiresome.... xD
Stickly Man
I gotta say, for the few times I really needed to upload a screenshot, puush was awesome! :D

Great job, I'll be spreading the word!
FrozenOG
ive taken one picture and uploaded it but now i cant do another?
Chotki

CoolBoy963 wrote:

ive taken one picture and uploaded it but now i cant do another?
You can take as many as you want if you're a Pro member [whch everybody is atm].
Cristian
could be a blog for atrocities??

there should be a moderator there for qe files are not repeated

and could also replace while up.ppy.sh /

ah not only thin :)
oddysea682
Hey peppy Im now getting a problem with puush

well I pushed ctrl+shift+4 and it didnt let me choose the area I wanted to capture and it gave me a screenshot and then after I manage to get the area choosen, it said puush has stopped working
Topic Starter
peppy
Every time you try? Can you explain in more detail? How is it "giving you a screenshot" after failing to let you select an area?
oddysea682
well It only glitched on me 2 times only but I have been using it (that explains the image of Rinnosuke as my avatar right now)
It works great but I think it might be my computer
its been glitchy since like a year ago, like once it said, windows explorer has stopped working, and it asks me if I wanted to restart it or cancel, I have scanned with kaspersky and it only found 2 riskware during quick scan, but it really slowed down my laptop, so I uninstalled it.

it gave me a screenshot when I was using chrome and then again, choose area, glitched, and also one thing it said if I wanted to debug or cancel, so I debuged and the same error, so I canceled

EDIT: Major change I was typing and for some reason it made me choose what area what I wanted to capture!
I just hited Ctrl+shift+4 ONCE and when I typed for a new video, it made me want to choose another area! Even when I wanted to edit this! I had to exit puush!

EDIT #2:
maybe I should report this in the help and support
show more