forum

Mac skin trouble

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zerosugar
Hi! I've been playing Osu for a few months now and I'm really enjoying it, but I've got one problem.
A lot of the people I play with are recommending me to get a skin, but I'm using the mac client. I've tried to find the same problem that I have in the forums, but with no success.
The problem is that when I open the skin folder, it opens up a windows based foldersystem. It's just like having a windows computer, and it obviously doesn't work because the folders wont open and I can't find any of my files.

Anyone know how to fix the problem? Do I have to get windows on my mac?
Please help, love zerosugar.
-ryusakihatsue-
HELLO FELLOW MAC USER :DDDD

mmm i'm not sure what the exact problem is, but i'm assuming that you can't get skin into osu :P

you don't need to use that to open the skin, when you download a skin on the forums, there will be two types of files: zip or osk
-if the file is osk, just double click it and it will automatically open in osu
-if the file is zip, rename the extension to osk and it will ask you for confirmation -> agree and then double click the newly renamed file, it will open in osu

some things that may be normal (for me at least) when you open the skin:
-the osu screen will go black while loading the skin, so don't panic
-the skin name might not appear on the skin options until you refresh your osu

EDIT: some additional points -
the folder for osu is in applications>osu>show package contents>osu! [and then you'll see various folders such as skin, songs etc]

hope this works for you ^^