forum

The Werewolf Game 4 (Broken/Shut Down)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pasonia
-
adam2046
Would you like to state your specific reasons that you are voting him Pasonia?
KRZY

strager wrote:

My previous vote on DJ KRZY was more of a policy lynch vote (getting rid of players which harm because of their play style and not because of their role) and NoHItter's actions definitely warrant my vote more than that.
Sorry, this is my first WWG game of any sort and I need specification on why my playstyle is harmful, I think it's merely uninformative and nothing much more.

Also, @Rolled, the reason why I'm browsing this forum so much is because I have the forum displayed on a browser and then go off to play osu! for hours, with the occasional hitting of F5 every now and then. I believe that's not so suspicious, is it? The fact that English is not my first language and I have to read the whole set of posts multiple times to understand certainly plays a role too.

Anyways, taking a more serious participation in the game from now on.

Oh and thanks strager for the irc channel. I didn't read/write any posts during the role-confirmation phrase so I was unaware of the channel. As far as I know, no mention of the channel being provided was there after Day 1 except someone saying "everyone get into the IRC Channel now" or something
jockeytiyan
Hmmm...so much bandwagoning. I'm starting to hate all the people here...

VOTE FOR ME INSTEAD! :D
pieguyn
Unvote 0_o.

And now... I'm actually going to take the awkward route and vote Oyashiro Beatrice for saying nothing and then randomly popping up and voting for NoHitter, the most suspicious candidate. It would make sense that a youkai in this game would randomly pop up and vote for the most suspicious person in order to get people off his case for being inactive, while not contributing any additional reasoning (thus helping the town) and being able to drive suspicion off himself if he turned out to be a youkai.

Plus, the way I see it, since NoHitter is trying to roleclaim as the Insomniac, the chance of him actually being Insomniac is increased. It may just be me and my way of thinking but I don't think a youkai would put such a blatant lie out in the open so soon.
jockeytiyan
Unvote Two.

Guess what, I go with pieguy1372. D:

I vote for Oyashiro Beatrice. for being the Golden Witch...

I'm quite excited since the deadline is near. I'm shaking on my boots. <3
aRiskOfRain
I could see that Oyashiro Beatrice is being suspicious right now, but do you really think he/she is a better candidate than NoHitter?

Rolled wrote:

SPOILER
---more time lapse zzz. Case closer is in the following section---

[10:40] <GreyHItter> i admit that i panicked somewhat
[10:41] <+The_King_In_Yellow> you have reason to panic?
[10:41] <GreyHItter> because in all mafia games i've joined. 80% of them I've been lynched early. And all of those was because I was associated with the mafia
[10:42] <+The_King_In_Yellow> now we're getting somewhere
01[10:42] <@Rololed> the jury has come up with a verdict, judge adam
[10:43] <GreyHItter> well i gtg soon
[10:43] <GreyHItter> so hurry up with the verdict
01[10:43] <@Rololed> viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31388&p=439057#p439057
This particular bit of the irc log really stands out to me as suspicious. This part has pretty much sealed my vote, but I would like to hear what NoHitter has to say about what he meant or what he was trying to say, if indeed, he wasn't trying to associate himself with being mafia.
adam2046

pieguy1372 wrote:

Unvote 0_o.

And now... I'm actually going to take the awkward route and vote Oyashiro Beatrice for saying nothing and then randomly popping up and voting for NoHitter, the most suspicious candidate. It would make sense that a youkai in this game would randomly pop up and vote for the most suspicious person in order to get people off his case for being inactive, while not contributing any additional reasoning (thus helping the town) and being able to drive suspicion off himself if he turned out to be a youkai.
Also his sig is really big.

pieguy1372 wrote:

Plus, the way I see it, since NoHitter is trying to roleclaim as the Insomniac, the chance of him actually being Insomniac is increased. It may just be me and my way of thinking but I don't think a youkai would put such a blatant lie out in the open so soon.
WIFOM
NoHitter
You should take it as is. (if you read the full log)

I tried to disassociate myself with DJ KRZY because he was being labeled as mafia by strager and co. (or was it just Rolled and Two...)
(That was after someone commented on me for saying DJ KRZY was useless)

And since most of my previous games involved me lyched because I said something "suspicious" and made them believe I'm mafia, that was something I didn't want to repeat.

(But obviously... that didn't work out for this game too.)
Two_old

NoHItter wrote:

Also about Two, my suspicions about you started even before the entire argument started.

Also I don't know if it was just the spur of the moment, but why did you say:
[10:53] <Two> nohitter, even if this was some vigilante ploy I would still vote for you after you were confirmed human
I don't know why you keep talking to me as if I didn't already tell you 3x I don't care about your suspicions of me. If you want to pretend you didn't know what I meant by that in a poor attempt to sway votes, though, I will say that your quote was of me responding to what we thought was your threat to self-vote.

The good news is your constant mention of my name pretty much confirms that I'm human ^__^
NoHitter
I never threatened to self-vote.

You guys just thought I was going to self-vote which I did not.

Anyway, Two, why are you not at the least bit concerned of my suspicion?

You sure you want to set aside my opinion just like that?
Two_old

NoHItter wrote:

I never threatened to self-vote.

You guys just thought I was going to self-vote which I did not.
that is exactly what I said

read before you post, dawg
NoHitter
You still didn't answer my question?Why do people edit in mafia...
Lilac
Log:

SPOILER
18:04 MB777 You got a lot of people against you, NoHItter.
18:04 GreyHItter yep
18:04 GreyHItter some are just bandwagoning
18:05 GreyHItter but that's mafia for you
18:05 MB777 Bleak prospect.
18:06 GreyHItter the deadlines a nearing
18:06 MB777 Indeed they are.
18:07 GreyHItter it is
18:07 GreyHItter indeed it is
18:07 GreyHItter also stragerLN: how did you get a -1 suspicion point :|
18:07 MB777 Unvoted twice.
18:07 MB777 It's how you get them.
18:07 GreyHItter oh
18:07 MB777 Unvoting more than once.
18:08 MB777 Pretty much. "You're bloody indecisive, make up your mind."
18:09 MB777 I'm not sure how that will affect votes, but believe me. They will.
18:09 GreyHItter they're not phantom votes
18:10 MB777 Definitely not. But I'm pretty sure I'll get one.
18:10 GreyHItter a phantom vote?
18:10 MB777 Indeed.
18:16 MB777 It's amazing what stress can do to you.
18:16 GreyHItter :|
18:16 MB777 Wrong adjective?
18:16 GreyHItter stress is a noun
18:16 GreyHItter ...
18:16 MB777 "amazing" is an adjective.
18:17 GreyHItter what do you mean?
18:17 MB777 Sorry, I thought you were :| at the "amazing" part.
18:17 MB777 It seems it was the "stress" part.
18:18 GreyHItter lol
18:18 MB777 NoHItter, tell me more about it.
18:18 MB777 I want to hear this from your viewpoint.
18:18 GreyHItter about what?
18:18 MB777 About being voted upon.
18:19 GreyHItter well i hate being voted upon
18:19 GreyHItter since the more votes you have the more votes you will get
18:20 MB777 Do you want to try and justify that?
18:20 GreyHItter the statement i said?
18:20 MB777 Justify about why you shouldn't be voted.
18:20 MB777 Against, that is.
18:21 GreyHItter Because I'm the Insomniac.
18:21 GreyHItter that's pretty much all. (oh and the insomiac is the first one to spot a wolf at night)
18:22 GreyHItter up to you if you believe
18:22 MB777 NoHItter.
18:22 GreyHItter yea?
18:22 MB777 "Justice" is always blind.
18:23 GreyHItter quotes from phoenix wright now...
18:23 MB777 It is up to people to direct it, be it for right or wrong.
18:23 GreyHItter :/
18:24 MB777 I don't believe it's a quote from PW.
18:24 MB777 I mean after all, just having a look at "Lady Justice" can tell you it is blind.
18:24 MB777 <link to the picture>
18:24 GreyHItter brb answering phone
18:24 MB777 Okay then.
18:25 GreyHItter nevermind...
18:25 GreyHItter so any other questions before i go afk
18:25 GreyHItter ?
18:25 MB777 Are you really Wolf?
18:25 MB777 Answer this truthfully.
18:26 GreyHItter no
18:26 MB777 So be it.
18:26 GreyHItter I am not the wolf. I am the insomniac
18:26 MB777 It is who I shall "see" you as then.
18:27 GreyHItter zzz don't tell me you're roleclaiming as a psychic...
18:27 MB777 Absolutely not.
18:28 MB777 Hmm.
18:29 MB777 Posting this, brb.

I have no reason to believe that NoHItter is a wolf. Feel free to argue against this. I will listen.
Two_old
cause I thought the bottom half of your post was a joke

and still do

edit: apparently MarioBros777 is retarded or is trolling for replies

even after his reply I am unsure which it is
Lilac

Two wrote:

edit: apparently MarioBros777 is retarded or is trolling for replies
I believe you should watch your mouth and what you say.
NoHitter
Two: you avoiding my question?

also get on IRC guys.
jockeytiyan
I believe wolves don't resort to role-claiming, unless you're either a stupid player or you have something else in mind.

Besides, if he was wolf, he'd most likely become very defensive at this time of situation. XD
Two_old
unvote, vote nohitter

at this point I just want these idiots out of the game so I don't have to read their garbage

I can only throw up so much before my throat erodes

I still think 0_o is a wolf
nardii
Just a few things I'd like to say:

0_o wrote:

I was going to vote for him too after reading the "unless he's town" comment, but idk, seeing as the Insomniac is kind of an important role I don't know if it's worth the risk? I'm a fairly cautious player so I never like lynching someone after they roleclaim unless there is fairly solid evidence to prove otherwise, and I don't think a few suspicious comments is enough to override the possibility of him being the Insomniac. I would be in favour of keeping him around for at least the first night to see what he comes up with.
But what's the possibility of him being the Insomniac? If you're a wolf and you're close to getting lynched, why wouldn't you role claim to try and survive? Personally I'd say a role claim doesn't really matter unless it's a role that can be proved somehow; even if we keep him alive for the night, he could just say "Rolled is a wolf" or "Two is a wolf" or something like that tomorrow to cast suspicion onto them, but whether he's telling the truth or not there's still not really any reason to believe him. So then we'll have to lynch someone else today who could just as well have an aux role, or at least be human. And since there's not really anyone else that's suspicious, there's not much choice right now.

But the day still isn't over yet!
Pasonia
-
Rolled
[07:53] <GreyHItter> anyway, after rereading; two doesn't sound scummy anymore...
[07:56] <The_King_In_Yellow> why doesn't he sound scummy anymore GreyHItter?
[07:56] <GreyHItter> he talks too much.
[07:58] <@Rololed> grey hitter you said he was scummy for talking too much
[07:58] <GreyHItter> rolled: wrong
[07:59] <@Rololed> [09:25] <GreyHItter> two seems to be too active just like rolled in the start of the game
[07:59] <@Rololed> [09:25] <GreyHItter> so it could be possible he's mafia
NoHitter
Give the full context damn it.
Rolled
Sorry:

[07:53] <GreyHItter> Hey guys, I'm a wolf.
[07:54] <GreyHItter> See my fangs?
[07:55] <GreyHItter> RARGHRARGRHRHAGRRARGH
[07:55] <KRZY|irc> good idea
[07:56] <GreyHItter> >:K
[07:57] <The_King_In_Yellow> that's...
[07:57] <The_King_In_Yellow> not really anything
[07:57] <@Rololed> what the fuck
[07:58] <@Rololed> now you just said he was not summy for talking too much
[07:58] <GreyHItter> I'm a wolf.
[07:58] <GreyHItter> I'm a wolf.
[07:58] <Two> I actually never did that, rolled did
[07:58] <Two> and you did say that I talked too much
[07:59] <GreyHItter> ...
[07:59] <GreyHItter> I'm a wolf.
[07:59] <@Rololed> [09:25] <GreyHItter> two seems to be too active just like rolled in the start of the game
[07:59] <GreyHItter> ... I'M A WOLF RARRRRRGGHH

SPOILER
[07:53] <GreyHItter> anyway, after rereading; two doesn't sound scummy anymore...
[07:54] <GreyHItter> i don't know what to do now...
[07:55] <GreyHItter> arggh i'll just think of this after a night's sleep
[07:55] <KRZY|irc> good idea
[07:56] <GreyHItter> he talks too much.
[07:57] <The_King_In_Yellow> that's...
[07:57] <The_King_In_Yellow> not really anything
[07:57] <@Rololed> what the fuck
[07:58] <@Rololed> now you just said he was not summy for talking too much
[07:58] <GreyHItter> rolled: wrong
[07:58] <GreyHItter> i said he was scummy for jumping inactive players too quickly
[07:58] <Two> I actually never did that, rolled did
[07:58] <Two> and you did say that I talked too much
[07:59] <GreyHItter> ...
[07:59] <GreyHItter> but not why you were scummy
[07:59] <GreyHItter> ... by too active i meant that in the context of accusing people
0_o

nardi11011 wrote:

But what's the possibility of him being the Insomniac? If you're a wolf and you're close to getting lynched, why wouldn't you role claim to try and survive? Personally I'd say a role claim doesn't really matter unless it's a role that can be proved somehow; even if we keep him alive for the night, he could just say "Rolled is a wolf" or "Two is a wolf" or something like that tomorrow to cast suspicion onto them, but whether he's telling the truth or not there's still not really any reason to believe him. So then we'll have to lynch someone else today who could just as well have an aux role, or at least be human. And since there's not really anyone else that's suspicious, there's not much choice right now.

But the day still isn't over yet!
Sure if you're a wolf then you might roleclaim to survive, but that's exactly what an aux would do too. Roleclaiming doesn't prove anything, but it does add more risk - with any other player you are either taking out a wolf, aux or civilian. If the lynchee is a civilian, then sure it's not good, but it's a much better alternative than taking out an aux. But with a roleclaim, the possibility of him being a civilian is eliminated so it's a much riskier move.

Now lets see if those psychology courses have paid off :P. I think the longer one has an idea in their head that someone is a wolf, the less likely they'll be to change that opinion. So the people who have been attacking him for hours beforehand would naturally be more skeptical of his claim (The fact some of the players here have already played a game with an Insomniac-claiming wolf probably adds some bias as well). Now when I first checked the thread yesterday afternoon, NoHItter's initial attack had already occurred, as well as his roleclaim, so I pretty much received all the information at once. So the idea of "NoHItter = wolf" didn't have as much time to sink in by the time I read his roleclaim, which I believe is why I would be more inclined to believe it (or at least take it seriously) than the other players who have been suspicious of him longer.

But here's another important thing to consider - if we keep NoHItter around for a night then we CAN use his information. I'm willing to bet that we have a coroner in this game, since every WWG so far has also had one and it's a fairly standard role. If we keep NoHItter around tonight, he'll give us a name tomorrow. Now if we lynch him tomorrow, the coroner will find his true identity the next day. I'm not saying the coroner would have to reveal himself right away of course, but he would have that information for us when he does. This way we are pretty much guaranteed one wolf - NoHItter if he is a wolf, and NoHItter's Insomniac sighting if he isn't.
Two_old
You talk about keeping him around but what that really means is lynching someone instead of him. So who is more likely to be a wolf than him?

He double speaks about his motivations and doubts, and he lies about things like his relationship with jockeytiyan. He can't be trusted in general, so betting on him telling the truth is a waste of a possibly critical lynch.
anonymous_old
http://j.mp/azyxQV

(Previously there was a vote log here; check the link above for a regularly updated log.)
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Status is updated, also I tl;dr'ed that chat log for now, I will read it later when I have a bit more time (I'm at the arcade waiting for my turn on the ITG machine, if you must know).
Cuddlebun
I will be gone rest of today and most of tomorrow for college orientation, so don't you be suspicious when I'm not in chat or on the forum ;o
0_o

Two wrote:

You talk about keeping him around but what that really means is lynching someone instead of him. So who is more likely to be a wolf than him?

He double speaks about his motivations and doubts, and he lies about things like his relationship with jockeytiyan. He can't be trusted in general, so betting on him telling the truth is a waste of a possibly critical lynch.
I'm not opposed to lynching NoHItter, I'm just saying we should do it tomorrow instead of today. If he's a wolf then it won't matter; a lynched wolf today is worth the same as a lynched wolf tomorrow. If he's the Insomniac however, then lynching him tonight would be a waste. I really don't see the downside of waiting till tomorrow.

And no I don't have an alternative vote in mind at the moment, but we have almost 2 and a half days to figure one out, right?
Two_old
There is a difference between today and tomorrow that I'm sure you are well aware of: the number of players. We may have more than enough people willing to lynch him today, but if two humans die day 1 and he's alive day 2 (with 5 more days for him to talk his way out of it) it may not be possible to lynch him again.

You also haven't said who is more likely to be a wolf than him. If there's no one then I don't see why you are even talking about this, unless you are a wolf yourself, which you are.
anonymous_old
Why didn't anyone tell me pieguy1372 voted for 0_o?

Doesn't really affect the vote tally, but still...

And ^ @ Two.
KRZY
You know, I totally agree with 0_o, and those of you who were there when I was expressing my opinion in the irc channel know what I am talking about.

For those who weren't, I said that we should lynch oyashiro beatrice on the first day. Staying low and then just popping up and jumping on the bandwagon with no real proof at all is just typical behavior of a wolf first-timer, willing to lynch someone else so that he himself does not get lynched. That is as good as a confession.

Now, since NoHItter is claiming to be the insomniac, he would have to share with us some valuable information if we decide to keep him alive on the first night. IF NoHItter is not a wolf, it is most probable that he will be killed by the wolves on the first night. A terrible loss to have an aux killed on the first night, huh?

NOT.

Think carefully. Let's say that NoHItter is a wolf. We lynch Beatrice on the first night, and expect NoHItter to stay awake during the night since he claimed to be the insomniac. (If he refuses to do so, then hell, let's just lynch him on the first night. We all think he is a wolf anyway) We hear the name of one wolf from NoHItter, then lynch him on the second day if there are no other definite evidence that occur during day 2. Here, the Seer comes into play. After the first execution, the Seer checks the # of wolves. After the second execution, the Seer checks the # of wolves again. If NoHItter decides to betray one of his buddies, then hey, we just killed a wolf. We keep going on. If NoHItter designates a civilian as a wolf and we lynch him, then NoHItter gets lynched the next day FOR THERE IS NO WAY NOHITTER IS A CIVILIAN AFTER THIS.

Now let's say that NoHItter is really the insomniac. The wolves know each other, and NoHItter will probably get killed on the first night. We lynch Beatrice, and with NoHItter and Beatrice gone, we commence.

EITHER WAY, NOHITTER IS MOST LIKELY DEAD SOON, MAYBE PROVIDING SOME WOLF NAMES FOR US IN THE PROCESS.

Inhumane? I think not. If NoHItter is the insomniac, his decision to roleclaim was a bad one. He earned his death. If NoHItter is a wolf, his decision is STILL WORSE, for he gets utilized by the humans until he's deemed useless and is lynched.

In short, A VICTORY IN EVERY WAY FOR CIVILIANS IF WE KEEP NOHITTER ALIVE ON DAY 1.

Therefore, now I cast my official vote: Oyashiro Beatrice.
0_o

Two wrote:

There is a difference between today and tomorrow that I'm sure you are well aware of: the number of players. We may have more than enough people willing to lynch him today, but if two humans die day 1 and he's alive day 2 (with 5 more days for him to talk his way out of it) it may not be possible to lynch him again.
That's why we are all just going to have to agree that we ARE going to lynch him tomorrow. The morning of Day 2, everyone votes for him. That day would then be used for discussion, just like if the Unknown Celebrity died.

Two wrote:

You also haven't said who is more likely to be a wolf than him. If there's no one then I don't see why you are even talking about this
He may be the most likely to be a wolf, but he's also the most likely to be an aux. Lets say there are 7 auxes and 5 wolves this game. This means that from the beginning, before any discussion, each player has a 37% chance of being a civilian, 37% chance of being an aux and 26% chance of being a wolf. Now NoHItter has eliminated the possibility of him being a civilian, so cold math says he now has a 59% chance of being an aux, and a 41% chance of being a wolf. Now obviously there is un-quantifiable information that's also weighing like his behaviour and what he says, but I really don't think there is enough evidence going against him that would take down that mathematical 59% aux chance to a sufficiently low level.

Two wrote:

unless you are a wolf yourself, which you are
I'm a wolf for trying to keep the game fair by telling the all-knowing host not to partake in discussion. Okay.

EDIT:

DJ KRZY wrote:

IF NoHItter is not a wolf, it is most probable that he will be killed by the wolves on the first night.
Actually, seeing as we would all be agreeing to lynch NoHItter tomorrow, they could very well keep him around.
aRiskOfRain

0_o wrote:

Now NoHItter has eliminated the possibility of him being a civilian,
No he hasn't. He could simply be a civillian trying to save his own skin by roleclaiming.
anonymous_old

DiamondCrash wrote:

0_o wrote:

No he hasn't. He could simply be a civillian trying to save his own skin by roleclaiming.
0_ o is a wolf trying to save his wolf buddy NoHItter.

That's all.
anonymous_old
(And of course DJ KRZY is falling for the trap.)
KRZY

0_o wrote:

DJ KRZY wrote:

IF NoHItter is not a wolf, it is most probable that he will be killed by the wolves on the first night.
Actually, seeing as we would all be agreeing to lynch NoHItter tomorrow, they could very well keep him around.

Not really, if NoHItter is an insomniac, survives the first night, and keeps giving names of wolves, it's to our immense advantage. We have the Seer to confirm if he's giving the names of wolves, so if the Seer uncovers himself, the wolves better kill NoHItter asap.

strager wrote:

(And of course DJ KRZY is falling for the trap.)
Still, if NoHItter is a wolf, we get rid of him pretty soon if he doesn't start naming his buddies. Not a big loss, is it?
anonymous_old

DJ KRZY wrote:

Not really, if NoHItter is an insomniac, survives the first night, and keeps giving names of wolves, it's to our immense advantage. We have the Seer to confirm if he's giving the names of wolves, so if the Seer uncovers himself, the wolves better kill NoHItter asap.
Rolefishing.
0_o

DiamondCrash wrote:

0_o wrote:

Civilians should never ever ever ever ever claim aux unless the real aux is in on it.
show more