forum

[duplicate] In-game Skin Updating

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
xBuchi
i think that skins that are made without the use of other elements (100% original) could be submitted to a team and if they are approved, if you go into skinning options if a skin has a update, you can update it in game then it will reload osu! so the changes can happen. so you don't have to check the forum thread religiously to find if the skin was updated.

an in game way of getting skins or updating ones that you already have would be really useful
Renevant
Seems kinda contradictory to me.
Usually once a skin is finished, it rarely gets touched upon again. And I have a feeling you wouldn't normally submit a skin to this "Approval Team", unless it's actually finished. The only situations where this feature would be relevant would be if someone randomly created a WIP skin, submitted it unfinished, got approved with its unfinished "original" skin elements, and then was constantly updating it with every addition/change of skin elements. And these skin elements would have to be constantly checked for originality by this "Approval team", similar to how a beatmap needs to be approved before ranking.

If anything, it would be simpler to ask for a skin submission system that allows you to update it in game, but I don't think that's really necessary unless you're downloading a ton of WIP skins in the first place, which most people don't do.

Its not a bad idea, but i dont think most people change their skin that much for it be relevant. :L
Oinari-sama
Have a read of t/260381

Marcin wrote:

That is something planned and in *semi*active development.
Renevant
owo
I see
Gonna be interesting to see how they're gonna implement this
-[ Sakamoto ]-
This is somewhat like my request, but mine's an actual editor in-game, not just updating it.
+support anyways i dunt have anymore votes left