forum

Most efficient search method?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sadisticpenguin
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but may i know how do you effectively search for all 7keys only songs to download? I understand that there is an options for
Osu!mania/Taiko/Catch the beat etc. However it does not have an option to search exclusively for an amount of key. Also is there a way to include minimum duration for a song (e.g songs that are at least 3mins)?
lenpai
Searching here or in-game?
If here, typing 7k is enough although not all 7k maps will show, same case for the client.
I guess you just have to look at every single map online.
If im not mistaken, you can search in client by length. Doesn't work here in the website.
Kamikaze
in-game most officient way is to select sorting by mode, then select osu!mania and type keys=7 that sorts out autoconverts
Topic Starter
Sadisticpenguin
you mean to say we can find songs to download through the client??
lenpai

Sadisticpenguin wrote:

you mean to say we can find songs to download through the client??
That is if you have supporter.
What i meant bu searching in client is finding a song you already downloaded :P
ReTLoM

-Kamikaze- wrote:

in-game most officient way is to select sorting by mode, then select osu!mania and type keys=7 that sorts out autoconverts

You also can write mode=mania insted of select mania in the drop down menu here some search commands i know

example
mode=mania
keys=7k
stars=5 here the star amaount is exactly 5 if you want 4.5 to 5 you have to write stars>=4.5 stars<=5
and so on here a complete list.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Interface#Search
Topic Starter
Sadisticpenguin
Okay maybe i should phrase it slightly more specific, what i meant is a more efficient method of searching for beatmap in this website to download. Not the in game features haha
Shinoka
In BloodCat, you can select mania mode and input cs=7 for 7 keys maps.
Agka
In general, the most efficient search method seems to be binary search. It does assume an array is sorted. A straight iterative search from beginning to end is fine for a small value of n though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_search_algorithm

Oh oops you mean beatmaps.
Nevermind.
sstratechez
rtffgrt