forum

[duplicate] Rank Relative Leaderboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
momo1478
I'm rank 16000, rarely do I see myself ascend into the 50 rank scores on specific maps, but when I do it feels oh so gratifying. So I propose a new type of scoreboard called "Rank Relative"

This leaderboard will take the 50 people closest to your rank that has played a song chosen (25 above , 25 below at best) and use those scores to make the leaderboard on the left side of the game screen.

+This will give you a better understanding of your rank (which songs you should be playing or scores you should be getting)
+Gives you that satisfying feeling of actually using that "Top 50" portion on the left.
+Gives a sense of accomplishment

If this was implemented in the game I would be happy to become supporter just for this feature.

Please support!
GhostFrog
I seem to remember this having been suggested before but regardless, I don't think this would be as useful as you expect. The 25 people above and below you are pretty arbitrary and change constantly as people rank up and down. These people may all have played this map 3 years ago and their scores may be meaningless. Or maybe they all tryharded the heck out of this map just the day before and all have 4mod FCs. You'd be much better off adding people as friends and using friend rankings to compete on maps.
Oinari-sama
Why did you make a similar request when you already have an existing live thread?

t/197964

Edit your own topic if you want to include more/less ideas please.
Topic Starter
momo1478
oh snap I don't remember that! lol
Oinari-sama
lmao (don't worry happened to me too)