forum

"Rank Based Highscore list"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
momo1478
Basically what this means is that, the scoreboards show the scores of the 10 closest people to your rank that played that song- 5 people's scores below your rank, and 5 above. I think this would do a whole lot in assigning a value to your rank, to know how much is expected at that rank to determine whether someone deserves that rank or not. Open to suggestions but I think this will be an easy to implicate thing to do.
Vuelo Eluko

momo1478 wrote:

I think this would do a whole lot in assigning a value to your rank, to know how much is expected at that rank to determine whether someone deserves that rank or not.
disagree simply because of this.
Skriggniichan

momo1478 wrote:

I think this would do a whole lot in assigning a value to your rank, to know how much is expected at that rank to determine whether someone deserves that rank or not.
What does it matter if there is value in rank or not. You'll just end up proving that you're good or bad when you play despite what your rank is in comparison to others.
Chamelo

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

momo1478 wrote:

disagree simply because of this.
^ this

Some people have high rank doesn't because they're very pro, they just play good in a very large amount of beatmap.
Oinari-sama
I don't think it's gonna work well. Everyone's different, some are better at jumps while other are at streams for example. You might end up getting huge irregularities on maps that emphasises a particular skill set (eg stream maps vs jump maps).

Also ppv2 is already a lot better than ppv1 or score rank in terms of performance measurement. I don't see a need for this:

momo1478 wrote:

Yukiteru Amano
I can see this work like "friends ranking" etc. though It shall not be regarded as a worthiness of your rank scale :)
TheVileOne
I could see a Nearby Rank filter being implemented, and it could be used for this purpose. I wouldn't mind knowing which players near my rank has played a map and see where I shape up.
Vuelo Eluko

Chamelo_Th wrote:

^ this

Some people have high rank doesn't because they're very pro, they just play good in a very large amount of beatmap.
that's incorrect though. See how your top ranks are weighted for why.
i dont get pp completely though. i know for sure that someone who plays 1000 maps wont outrank someone better who only played 50
Chamelo

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i know for sure that someone who plays 1000 maps wont outrank someone better who only played 50
Imagine each play that "1000 plays player" has finished (in a "just good" rating or in a "top 500") gives him 0.75pp (so that it won't show you that your pp was increased.)
so, 1000 plays = around 750pp

And if "50 plays player" finished each he/she would get around 10pp.
so, 50 plays = around 500pp

it depends, though. If those "1000 plays player" plays only the "non-popular" beatmaps. Their pp won't increase anyway.
Vuelo Eluko

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i know for sure that someone who plays 1000 maps wont outrank someone better who only played 50
Imagine each play that "1000 plays player" has finished (in a "just good" rating or in a "top 500") gives him 0.75pp (so that it won't show you that your pp was increased.)
so, 1000 plays = around 750pp

And if "50 plays player" finished each he/she would get around 10pp.
so, 50 plays = around 500pp

it depends, though. If those "1000 plays player" plays only the "non-popular" beatmaps. Their pp won't increase anyway.
that's where pp weighing comes in. it hurts the 1000 map player who doesn't get any triple digit pp scores rather than the 50 map player who does.
Topic Starter
momo1478
I think you guys are misinterpreting what I meant. I'm saying that knowing the scores of those people that are close to your rank gives you a better idea of the skill range you are in. I'm not suggesting any changes to the pp system. I see no downsides to it, and it would allow players to use the "top 50" bar that's to the left of the gameplay.

For more info look in the extra request I accidentally made : t/309337
GhostFrog

GhostFrog wrote:

I seem to remember this having been suggested before but regardless, I don't think this would be as useful as you expect. The 25 people above and below you are pretty arbitrary and change constantly as people rank up and down. These people may all have played this map 3 years ago and their scores may be meaningless. Or maybe they all tryharded the heck out of this map just the day before and all have 4mod FCs. You'd be much better off adding people as friends and using friend rankings to compete on maps.
^ from the other thread

Seeing their scores is unlikely to tell you anything useful. Use friend rankings if you want a scoreboard to compete on.