forum

The Living Tombstone - Five Nights at Freddy's

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Gero
I'm going to reply your mod in a few minutes, thanks a lot Cherry.

EDIT:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

IT'S ME

• I agree with Irre concerning difficulty spikes, Gero and Lexia's parts are not balanced, and it is clearly noticeable. Lexia, want remake some parts.
    For example :
  1. 00:16:322 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - and compare to 00:25:643 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - . The song is a little similar, but patterns are different, Gero uses a constant DS and some slider jumps, when lexia uses long circle jumps. And don't forget that it is a 206 BPM song, and you can feel the difference.
  2. 01:43:555 (6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - and 01:53:021 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - , same as ^ As I said before, she want to remake some of them to keep the consistency.

Let's mod it.

Gero :
  3. 00:34:671 (2,3,1) - This is not really comfortable to play, the straight slider forces you to make a little "V" movement, and that's difficult to do it on this BPM and SV, this is kind of flow breaking to me. You can get more opinions and testplays on this pattern. I really like this kind of pattern so I really want to keep it as is even I'm going to ask for more opinions and for testplays.
  4. 00:45:740 (1,2,3) - Some people find it cool, but i don't really think it is. There is nothing clearly audible on blue ticks (you also silenced sliders) and these 7/8 slider are just following nothing. I recommend you to use 1/4 sliders instead. Same as 02:00:303 (1,2,3) - Fixed.
  5. 01:05:691 (2,3,4,5) - Quite surprising because you didn't make a perfect square or diamond pattern, The player expects it, the current pattern looks a little uncomfortable to play because of the DS variation, the player needs much aim or needs to be helped by the AR to be able to handle these circles. So you should make a perfect shape here. Fixed.

Good luck.
LexiaLovesU
Thank you cherry blossom ill look right now owo
Lally
hi as requested here i am hope to help ;_;/

[General]
  1. 01:09:914 - this is kind of personal thing but i think the map has over used kiai,i think the last part of the first one can be stopd here since the following parts are quit the same as the one in the kiai so is basicly no sence to continue to have the kiai from here.
[IT'S ME LALLU O3O]
  • Lexia
  1. 00:19:526 (4,5,1) - about what irre was saying of your freestyle jumps it can be noticiable here for exsample since the music for now is silent and slow and it doesen't ask for a jump you should not force it, the transiction from 00:19:380 (3,4) - still fine but the 00:19:526 (4,5) - is to much imo you could just place in the middle of 4 and the slider 1 this circle to have a more relaxfull start wich is not asking for this kind of jump
  2. 00:23:021 (4) - for following your smooty flow in the prew patterns this slider should be ctrl+g for improving the flow
  3. 02:15:958 (4) - is the same case of 00:34:671 (2,3,1) - would recomend to remove it
  4. 02:30:011 (4,5,6) - personally a triplets doesen't fit here
    Gero
  5. 00:34:671 (2,3,1) - here is a bit strange how you did this pattern it doesen't really follow something this circle 00:34:890 (3) - feels a bit overmapped rhythm here i would suggest to remove it
  6. 01:04:235 (2) - the NC should go here instead of the circle
  7. 01:30:885 (1,3) - *nazi* don't let the sliders touch eachother
  8. 01:46:541 (4) - i would remove this one
  9. 02:18:725 (2) - you didn't use triplets in the prev parts like this one would recoment to remove it
>_<
Topic Starter
Gero

Lally wrote:

hi as requested here i am hope to help ;_;/

[General]
  1. 01:09:914 - this is kind of personal thing but i think the map has over used kiai,i think the last part of the first one can be stopd here since the following parts are quit the same as the one in the kiai so is basicly no sence to continue to have the kiai from here. I got your idea and yes it's nice but I prefer to keep it as is since I think it fits with the song.
[IT'S ME LALLU O3O]
  • Gero
  1. 00:34:671 (2,3,1) - here is a bit strange how you did this pattern it doesen't really follow something this circle 00:34:890 (3) - feels a bit overmapped rhythm here i would suggest to remove it I think it fits perflecty with the song, let's see for more opinions about this.
  2. 01:04:235 (2) - the NC should go here instead of the circle Fixed.
  3. 01:30:885 (1,3) - *nazi* don't let the sliders touch eachother Fixed.
  4. 01:46:541 (4) - i would remove this one ^
  5. 02:18:725 (2) - you didn't use triplets in the prev parts like this one would recoment to remove it Fixed.
>_<
Thanks a lot Lally.

Updated ~
Topic Starter
Gero
Waiting for Lexia.
ZekeyHache
I just took advantage of this situation to make some small changes on things I didn't like (yes, things I didn't like of my own diff).
http://puu.sh/gCr9O/47910d38ee.osu

Edit:

I don't like the BG
Shiguri
Since when does it matter if anyone multiplicated the BPM? Oh wait, it's osu, no sense needed here.
Topic Starter
Gero
Still waiting for Lexia.

Updated ~
alice soft

Shiguri wrote:

Since when does it matter if anyone multiplicated the BPM? Oh wait, it's osu, no sense needed here.
Always mattered in music theory. The beat and music itself here are slow-moderate tempo, it was correct to switch this to 103 instead of 206bpm.

Let's not go back to such unreliable bpm indicators because "it doesn't matter", thanks.
Spayyce

LexiaLovesU wrote:

Natsu wrote:

Really quite over mapped, tons of objects start on places where they aren't in the music.
It makes the difficulties feel detached from the song.
To be honest I agree with this, also I must add to some jumps feel really forced to some parts of the song, I told that to Gero when he asked me for opinions, but seems that Lexia doesn't wanted to change things also she told to Gero ¨Is 2015¨, that's why I moved away from this set. Its an Extra diff its meant to have parts that exaggerate the map and this song is very emotional and powerful a lot of these jumps fit because how powerful he is singing really He sounds like he is yelling most of the time . Also this isn't even that over exaggerated its a 206 bpm map and its only 5.3 stars I have seen 180 bpm maps go for 5.6 stars because of the overexagerated jumps . Im serious the fact that this barely touches into the Extra icon really questions what did yu want me to do for an extra diff. Me and Gero had trouble making this into Extra icon we wanted to make the map not too overdone We were really cautious with making those jumps and i think they fit very well also don't say thing i never said i never used 2015 as an excuse i gave you reasons and said that in 2015 a lot of maps have overdone jumps so it should be fine for ranking

@Lexia, In my humble opinion if you pick a song to map is because you will follow the rhythm of the song, if not there is no point in picking a song in first place (Just my opinion).I did follow the rhythm but i used more different parts to go with the rhythm of the song i personally feel its fine and fits well >.< You know its not like im using a lot of 1/4s i maybe only used 4 - 5 triplets in my parts EDIT: I do agree with those so im removing the triplets
I don't see how out of everything this is overmapped this map is actually 97% 1/2 notes and a lot of 1/1 sliders how is this overmapped. I don't even think i started sliders out when there wasn't anything in the music only circles o.o.

anyways GL guys
What? Don't blind yourself. It's the fact the jumps don't flow with the rest of the beatmap, not the song. You're right on describing the powerful parts of the song but they are forced too much, I mean it's like having a really slow part then cranking the SV to top notch and going crazy, it's unethical.
Topic Starter
Gero
Stop the drama guys, we are working on the extra right now so it's unnecesary to say something like that.
Shiguri

torappu wrote:

Shiguri wrote:

Always mattered in music theory. The beat and music itself here are slow-moderate tempo, it was correct to switch this to 103 instead of 206bpm.

Let's not go back to such unreliable bpm indicators because "it doesn't matter", thanks.
I do know that, but there are maps where the BPM is duplicated. Ofcourse I hate it when the BPM is getting duplicated, but if the mappers don't do anything to map A, but something to map B.. Well, that is stupid then. Understand what I want to say now? (I mean ranked maps btw)
Cherry Blossom
I think that people are overreacting. I don't really find Extra mapped bad, it just need more improvement, that's all.
The only thing we can blame is the way this map was qualified, or speedranked, without noticing that there was a huge issue on Extra concerning gameplay and difficulty.
Overmapping is judged case by case, triples can be used for emphasis and they can create nice rhythms. Jumps looks a little extreme and overdone imo, but there are many maps like this which are ranked, and nobody talk about these maps, so we don't need a stupid drama.

By the way, i saw that people are talking about me and a certain map called Sakura Mirage etc, and they think i contradict myself.
I'm responsible for my actions, and i don't have any regrets. That's how i think, everyone can have his own opinion ?
I definitively hate everything which is overdone, that does not mean i can't enjoy difficult maps ? I'm not narrow minded you know.
Mismagius
i'd like to mod this sometime later tonight. please wait for my comments x.x
Timorisu

Gero wrote:

Stop the drama guys, we are working on the extra right now so it's unnecesary to say something like that.
Criticising your map in a way that's not a mod is not drama in any way.

Cherry Blossom wrote:

By the way, i saw that people are talking about me and a certain map called Sakura Mirage etc, and they think i contradict myself.
I'm responsible for my actions, and i don't have any regrets. That's how i think, everyone can have his own opinion ?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you included, but don't be hypocritical while trying to stop "drama".

Ok I'm out sorry Gero lol
Topic Starter
Gero
Lexia where are you?
LexiaLovesU
wait baka I will post it soon I want to make sure it turns out okay >.<
Topic Starter
Gero
Fixed everything on both mods, thanks a lot Cherry and Lally.

Updated ~
Albertol
Honestly, I'm really tired that every map goes through the same 'mod - ranker - unranked, fix it and we'll rank it again' process so I am going to give my point of view about this matter:

1- Why do you want to change the map? I carefuly read the reasons why you disqualified it and I think the adjustments make Irreversible's argument invalid to this map in its current state. I want to remind that mods are just recomendations, Suggestions that may help the map that a player gives to the mapper, but it's his (the mapper's) decision if he want to apply them or not because, after all, he owns the map and he took his time and his creativity to make it enjoyable. My point is, if someone wants to make any adjustments to a map, go and make the map yourself and do not play this one if you do not like it.

2- Why was the AR9.5 changed? It has a complete mapset from Easy to Insane, making it adequate for any player with any skill level. The Extra diff does not have to be made so that any player can play it, that's why there are other difficulties ranging from Easy to Insane. Extras can have more difficulty jumps, slider velocity, streams or an overall higher difficulty, this is why I think the AR 9.5 goes hand in hand with the difficulty of the map, also it was the mapper's decision and just because there are some people who can't play it does not mean the map is wrong.

That's all.

Now my mod. Lexia, sorry, but I'll write this in spanish because you know, my english is really bad, but Gero can help haha.

IT'S ME

1. 00:27:099 (1,1) - Estas dos notas, están geniales, pero que tal si le damos mas movimiento y las movemos a los lados? (Específicamente esta 00:27:099 (1) - Hacia arriba a la izquierda de la primera y esta 00:27:390 (1) - hacia abajo a la derecha? Vendría quedando así: http://puu.sh/gEPlR/22d0e9fa4a.png
  2. 00:37:584 (2) - Esta nota de alguna forma la siento algo incomoda si esta oculta, no se si quisieran cambiarla o dejarlo así.
  3. 01:08:604 (4) - Esta nota creo que estaría un poco mejor si estuviera algo mas a la derecha.
  4. 02:06:856 (4) - Lo mismo que arriba pero a la izquierda.

Ya sabes que todo esto son solo sugerencias, si las aplicas esta bien y si no también, es tu mapa y haces con el lo que quieras. :3

Luck and rank this soon!
Topic Starter
Gero

Albertol wrote:

Honestly, I'm really tired that every map goes through the same 'mod - ranker - unranked, fix it and we'll rank it again' process so I am going to give my point of view about this matter:

1- Why do you want to change the map? I carefuly read the reasons why you disqualified it and I think the adjustments make Irreversible's argument invalid to this map in its current state. I want to remind that mods are just recomendations, Suggestions that may help the map that a player gives to the mapper, but it's his (the mapper's) decision if he want to apply them or not because, after all, he owns the map and he took his time and his creativity to make it enjoyable. My point is, if someone wants to make any adjustments to a map, go and make the map yourself and do not play this one if you do not like it.

2- Why was the AR9.5 changed? It has a complete mapset from Easy to Insane, making it adequate for any player with any skill level. The Extra diff does not have to be made so that any player can play it, that's why there are other difficulties ranging from Easy to Insane. Extras can have more difficulty jumps, slider velocity, streams or an overall higher difficulty, this is why I think the AR 9.5 goes hand in hand with the difficulty of the map, also it was the mapper's decision and just because there are some people who can't play it does not mean the map is wrong.

That's all.

Now my mod. Lexia, sorry, but I'll write this in spanish because you know, my english is really bad, but Gero can help haha.

IT'S ME

1. 00:27:099 (1,1) - Estas dos notas, están geniales, pero que tal si le damos mas movimiento y las movemos a los lados? (Específicamente esta 00:27:099 (1) - Hacia arriba a la izquierda de la primera y esta 00:27:390 (1) - hacia abajo a la derecha? Vendría quedando así: http://puu.sh/gEPlR/22d0e9fa4a.png Es una buena idea pero estoy seguro de que Lexia quiere mantener el camino recto.
  2. 00:37:584 (2) - Esta nota de alguna forma la siento algo incomoda si esta oculta, no se si quisieran cambiarla o dejarlo así. Ya sabes es la transición del siguiente jump.
  3. 01:08:604 (4) - Esta nota creo que estaría un poco mejor si estuviera algo mas a la derecha. Listo.
  4. 02:06:856 (4) - Lo mismo que arriba pero a la izquierda. Listo.

Ya sabes que todo esto son solo sugerencias, si las aplicas esta bien y si no también, es tu mapa y haces con el lo que quieras. :3 Muchas gracias Alberto, fue útil.

Luck and rank this soon!
Updated ~
LexiaLovesU

I made the rhythm consistent in the new version and I made the style fit with Gero's style It was really hard to make the rhythm and my mapping fit with gero's in the current state so thus I made a remapped version that fits better simple as that >.<
Gamu
As requested o/
[ IT'S ME]

• Gero
  1. Difficulty setting is too high in my opinion x_x HP Drain : change to 7.0~8.0?
  2. 01:32:196 (3,4,5,1) - I feel a little strange rhythm. It would be good to follow the vocal at 01:32:342. Also 01:33:070 (5) - I feel this circle is unnecessary, so i'd like to recommend that you remove it. Based on these points, i will suggest the following figure rhythm.
  3. 02:19:817 (T) - I think the volume is too small. The song is a very powerful sound at this part, so you should raise the volume. Maybe +30%?

LexiaLovesU
  4. 00:22:876 (3,4,1) - I think this flow is a little bad. 00:23:021 (4) - try CTRL+G in order to improve it.
  5. 01:34:672 (2,3) - Rhythm suggestion. I prefer this rhythm. It makes a very good sound, and will fit to the song.
  6. 01:40:788 (3,4,5,6,1) - Suddenly, too big jumps. I think it don't fit to the song, so i'd like to recommend that you reduce the spacing
These are just suggestions. Good luck o3o
Topic Starter
Gero
Fixed everything thanks a lot Gamu.

Updated ~
shARPII
Hello Gero and Lexia,

I waited some days before posting here waiting to see the last diff updated.
I really enjoyed "IT'S ME" diff and you've fixed almost every things which were discutable so big kudo to you 2, I hope seing this ranked soon :)

I just drop some comments about the difficulty and after my testplay (https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2906716 timing seems fine to me)

• lexia
  1. 00:41:516 (3,4,5,1) - I feel this jump pattern is a little bit weird to play, you could find something better to do. That's what I found, still using your 1.8 spacing between 4-5-1 http://puu.sh/gGMGT/8dc0254e61.jpg Tell me if you find something better : )

gero
  2. 00:55:206 (2) - As you've seen, I'm an HD player and this kind of stuff isn't funny :D I think it could be better for readability to stack this slider's start on 00:54:332 (4) - 's start => http://puu.sh/gGMgq/005cc3c2a7.jpg
  3. 01:32:050 (1,2,3,4,5) - sorry to come back on this since Gamu made you change that part but I feel the triple doesn't really make sense here. I tried some other rythms, if you want to give a try => http://puu.sh/gGL5s/f763907492.jpg | http://puu.sh/gGLeI/f16e5be1d0.jpg
Nothing more to add on that difficulty, sorry for being lazy and not modding other difficulties. No need to kudo my post and here's my last star!
Good luck o/
Topic Starter
Gero
Applied everything that you've mentioned on your post mod, seriously it was helpful.

Updated ~

EDIT: I got a new timing by pishifat but I'm still moving everything before doing the last update.

Everything should be fine now.

Updated ~

!Summon Inyuschan.
Nyukai
[Insane]

1. 01:36:715 (4) - You missed a NC here, it's totally sudden when you notice the consistency but then there's something different.
[IT'S ME]

1. 01:00:161 (5) - Try with Ctrl+G here, flows better imo.
  2. 01:04:093 (1) - Next NC is fine but this one is unnecessary then.
Just that, let me know xD
Topic Starter
Gero
Fixed everything, thanks a lot.

Updated ~
Nyukai
Rebubbled.
Mismagius
i guess there was no need to wait for me..

w/e, if this gets qualified again i'll still mod it.
Topic Starter
Gero
Go ahead Blue Dragon, I can ask for rebubbled once I finish to apply your mod.
Mismagius
Remember that most of these are my opinions as a player and are what I noticed when this map was qualified and that didn't make the experience too enjoyable.

[IT'S ME]
  • 00:26:520 (4,1,1) - Playability issue here - the white tick is a strong beat which should be clicked, but the sliderend covers the beat. That alone is bad, but the antijumps right after make this pattern very hard to sightread. I recommend making (4) a 1/2 slider and adding a note at the white tick.
  1. 00:29:724 (3,4) - these aren't correctly symmetric in relation to (1) D:
  2. 00:34:093 (2,1) - the antijump here doesn't flow too well imo.. there's not too much you can do about it though (and I feel the NC is unnecessary)
  3. 00:41:229 (2) - This slider starting in a blue tick plays pretty badly and breaks the flow. I don't think there should be a slider here, actually.. it plays pretty nicely like this.
  4. 00:45:744 (1,2,3) - I know the intention behind these, but IMO they just play really weirdly for a player who's never heard the song before. At least they're 1/4 now, so it's much better.
  5. 00:48:656 (4) - nazi, but moving 1 grid right will make this symmetric
  6. 00:55:210 (2,3) - why do these start in blue ticks? it plays weirdly D:
  7. 01:00:598 (1,2) - not sure if offgrid points are rankable
  8. 01:20:113 (4) - This plays better ctrl+G'd. the flow when you make them symmetric (as it is) feels really broken and it creates a bad antijump for (4,1).
  9. 01:22:006 (3,4) - blue tick sliders ):
  10. 01:29:433 (4) - the slidertrack isn't properly stacked with (1)
  11. 01:49:530 (1) - well, pretty sure offgrid sliderends are unrankable
  12. 02:09:773 (2,3) - still not a fan of blue tick sliders
  13. 02:15:161 (1) - same as 01:49
  14. 02:22:749 (3) - weird sliderstacking here
  15. 02:23:914 (3) - ^
  16. 02:33:453 (5) - Pretty sure this note doesn't exist in the song. This overmapping is pretty bad x:
  17. 02:36:074 (5) - ^

Some of these are just nazi stuff, but most of them are legit issues that I have found while playing the map when it first got qualified, so please look a bit into these. The map is good, but the blue-tick sliders feel weird to play and there are a few issues here and there.
Topic Starter
Gero

Blue Dragon wrote:

Remember that most of these are my opinions as a player and are what I noticed when this map was qualified and that didn't make the experience too enjoyable. Alright.

[IT'S ME]
  • 00:26:520 (4,1,1) - Playability issue here - the white tick is a strong beat which should be clicked, but the sliderend covers the beat. That alone is bad, but the antijumps right after make this pattern very hard to sightread. I recommend making (4) a 1/2 slider and adding a note at the white tick. Fixed.
  1. 00:29:724 (3,4) - these aren't correctly symmetric in relation to (1) D: Fixed.
  2. 00:34:093 (2,1) - the antijump here doesn't flow too well imo.. there's not too much you can do about it though (and I feel the NC is unnecessary) I have no clue how to fix that so I took your idea about delete those NC.
  3. 00:41:229 (2) - This slider starting in a blue tick plays pretty badly and breaks the flow. I don't think there should be a slider here, actually.. it plays pretty nicely like this. I know that this is starting on blue tick but it's because we are following the vocal so I don't think it's bad imo.
  4. 00:45:744 (1,2,3) - I know the intention behind these, but IMO they just play really weirdly for a player who's never heard the song before. At least they're 1/4 now, so it's much better. Seems like nobody is complained about it so I'll prefer to keep it as is.
  5. 00:48:656 (4) - nazi, but moving 1 grid right will make this symmetric Fixed.
  6. 00:55:210 (2,3) - why do these start in blue ticks? it plays weirdly D: As I said before we're following the vocal.
  7. 01:00:598 (1,2) - not sure if offgrid points are rankable You don't have to worry about it they are perfectly safe for ranking also here is the proof that isn't offscreen/offgrid at all.
  8. 01:20:113 (4) - This plays better ctrl+G'd. the flow when you make them symmetric (as it is) feels really broken and it creates a bad antijump for (4,1). Sorry but this is intentional so we want to keep it as is.
  9. 01:22:006 (3,4) - blue tick sliders ): I don't even know why it's so bad since it follow the other strong sound of the blue tick.
  10. 01:29:433 (4) - the slidertrack isn't properly stacked with (1) Fixed.
  11. 01:49:530 (1) - well, pretty sure offgrid sliderends are unrankable ^ (Proof)
  12. 02:09:773 (2,3) - still not a fan of blue tick sliders You know that this is following the vocal :<
  13. 02:15:161 (1) - same as 01:49 ^
  14. 02:22:749 (3) - weird sliderstacking here Fixed.
  15. 02:23:914 (3) - ^ ^
  16. 02:33:453 (5) - Pretty sure this note doesn't exist in the song. This overmapping is pretty bad x: Fixed.
  17. 02:36:074 (5) - ^ ^

Some of these are just nazi stuff, but most of them are legit issues that I have found while playing the map when it first got qualified, so please look a bit into these. The map is good, but the blue-tick sliders feel weird to play and there are a few issues here and there.
Thanks a lot for the mod, I'm going to ask for rebubbled to Inyuschan.

Updated ~
Nyukai
Hmm let me recheck later once I'm on my computer, I wanna be sure everything is fine xD

Now I'll continue sleeping~

I hope this is the last time.
HabiHolic
Here you go again!

ReRanked

Luna-
Recongratz! :D
xtrem3x
otro round, a ver que te razón absurda te dan para unrank .. pero igual adelante
Buttercup
rip 5.30~ ;w;
Niko-nyan
regratz and thanks to let me #1 gero :> *hides*
Ciyus Miapah

Niko-nyan wrote:

regratz and thanks to let me #1 gero :> *hides*
lol
Hanjamon
Regratz Gero :3
show more