forum

[duplicate] Background Dim outside of game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ronbo
Right now, background dim only happens once you enter a game, and there's no way to disable backgrounds showing up in the song select screen. Most of the time it's not a big deal, but sometimes if I want to play osu in a public place it can be a bit awkward to have some backgrounds which are borderline hentai (for example, the "Jump Final Boss" levels of https://osu.ppy.sh/b/357261) fill my whole screen when all I really want to do is play osu in peace.

Is it possible to add an option that just prevents loading of all background images? Like, maybe under the current Background Dim option, add a checkbox for "Dim outside of game" or "Disable all backgrounds", so that the background can be blacked out on the song select screen and during pauses or when a play starts.
- Marco -
Oinari-sama
Disabling Background function has been requested and denied many times (t/208887 for example). Your best is to delete/replace NSFW backgrounds manually.

There's request on NSFW toggle (t/250358) and there's a "cleaning up" project somewhere on the forum (which I can't find at the momont because of the new Search function). Hopefully the project owner sees this and kindly links the topic.