forum

[duplicate] Add comments via the editor.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
A main issue is that when I try adding comments to a map, I'm sometimes off on when I pause, so I end up looking stupid having a comment about the map come a bit before/after the event already happened. (See Club Break in whatever the hell that horny person's name is.).

Also, I'd prefer not to spend 2 minutes watching a replay to type something like "success!" or something on a map.

Having the ability to make comments in the editor (or in some other way where you have a timeline) would get rid of some of the little nuisances some people have with commenting.

Also, the owner of the map would be able to see which comments are where, and they would be able to delete the comment (bit of a stretch here, but meh.)
Derekku
So basically just having a scrollable timeline for the replay.

Which has been requested oh so many times.

:X~
anonymous_old

CDFA wrote:

A main issue is that when I try adding comments to a map, I'm sometimes off on when I pause, so I end up looking stupid having a comment about the map come a bit before/after the event already happened. (See Club Break in whatever the hell that horny person's name is.).

Also, I'd prefer not to spend 2 minutes watching a replay to type something like "success!" or something on a map.
Then shut up and don't add a comment.
LuigiHann

Derekku Chan wrote:

"add comments via the editor" isn't really the same thing at all, and it would have none of the issues that caused replay seeking to be denied

Even a comments-specific timeline would be much easier to add than full pausing and rewinding of dynamic gameplay replays. People commenting via editor wouldn't be able to view an actual replay while writing their comment, so maybe they'd be locked to map-specific or set-specific comments and not be able to do replay-specific comments

undenied, for the time being
Sakura
+Support, this would be nice
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

"add comments via the editor" isn't really the same thing at all, and it would have none of the issues that caused replay seeking to be denied

Even a comments-specific timeline would be much easier to add than full pausing and rewinding of dynamic gameplay replays. People commenting via editor wouldn't be able to view an actual replay while writing their comment, so maybe they'd be locked to map-specific or set-specific comments and not be able to do replay-specific comments

undenied, for the time being
I meant any kind of timeline in general, but whatever.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Just going to give this a little poot poot.