forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mafiamaster
Isn't Silver Forest also a type of Touhou thing?
Slain087
Yeah, which is why I asked. IOSYS isn't the only doujin group that does Touhou music.
luckydog_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Loginer

luckydog wrote:

Not very good at them unfortunately, mainly because I get motion sickness playing them.
...No comment.
SBKT

Loginer wrote:

luckydog wrote:

Not very good at them unfortunately, mainly because I get motion sickness playing them.
...No comment.
Well, have you seen the things? My mother gets motion sickness easy, I made her watch me play Imperishable Night on lunatic. FUN STUFF. She did get sick.

In which case that severely limits the games. Some puzzles are even out.

luckydog_old
I still play them. They just give me really bad headaches if the backgrounds moving in a different direction to the bullets. Which means that imperishable night, which is my favourite, hurts me a lot.
Slain087
Yeesh. Seriously, if it's hurting you that much, don't play it. I don't know if there's an option to remove the background entirely, but if there isn't, you're just going to take yourself out like that.

In other news, I've finally cleared Hourai Doll. I still can't clear Possessed By Phoenix due to the blue arrows, though. And EX-Keine's first card is still killer for me, although I can manage to dodge two whole waves.

And I need to figure out how to 1cc Normal and survive the entirety of Kaguya's Imperishable assault. Maybe if I go with the Netherworld team... Then I just have to dodge Tei and Marisa. That, and remember to dodge against Reisen.
luckydog_old
Yeah, the 4-5 hour long headaches have stopped me playing for a while. I'm okay at most shmups, but Touhou seems to always best me
SBKT

luckydog wrote:

Yeah, the 4-5 hour long headaches have stopped me playing for a while. I'm okay at most shmups, but Touhou seems to always best me
You might want to look into some of the platform shooters for a bit then. There's some maddening touhou fan platformers like Megamari, I know.
The Observer_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi

SBKT wrote:

My mother gets motion sickness easy, I made her watch me play Imperishable Night on lunatic. FUN STUFF. She did get sick.
Why were you letting your mom watch you shoot rabbits?
luckydog_old
Yeah I've been told about them. My friend can get them for me. Shoot the bullet was too much though, but that's because I never read instruction manuals.

I've gotten all my games for free off friends
SBKT
Mafiamaster
Anyone think it's possible to hold every Touhou related song on a 2 GB iPod because I just started. :P
Neo@lex

Mafiamaster wrote:

Anyone think it's possible to hold every Touhou related song on a 2 GB iPod because I just started. :P
Not a miko's chance in Gensokyo.
Rips alone >1.5gb
IOSYS >2-3gb
Other stuff >9tb.
Mafiamaster
Topic Starter
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

Mafiamaster wrote:

Not a miko's chance in Gensokyo.
Rips alone >1.5gb
IOSYS >2-3gb
Other stuff >9tb.
You fail at compression.
Slain087
Pro tip: Lossless music. Don't, unless you absolutely love trying to hear things you can't, or you have a 120G sized player.

But I agree with neo@lex's assessment. You don't have a night sparrow's chance at not getting eaten by Yuyuko at getting all of the songs on a 2 GB pod.

*wanders off, humming "Pray" by IOSYS*

*Comes back 2 days later*

Damn, Tenshi. That has to hurt.

*Comes back even later*

lol Marisa.
Mafiamaster
Slain087
...It's been too long for me to remember. I think it was either the Border of Death video or the IN Extra clear.

And I really have to learn to deathbomb if it even looks like I'm going to be hit. I rarely think that I'm going to be hit until I actually am.
SBKT
A friend named ridley4 told me. I think he died in one of the hurricanes or something. He loved pretending to be reisen (lolwtf) and had red colourchanging contacts. I told him he was nuts, he showed me the games.

Also, SA won't install correctly. I'm getting pissed.
Slain087
Topic Starter
Loginer

Slain087 wrote:

If you're using the Vista OS, then I think you have the same problem I had. If you have them on for some reason, kill the... what's that called...
UAC, and no one should have that horrible thing enabled.

Mafiamaster wrote:

So how did each of you find out about the Touhou Project and the like.
Saw a video of a Touhou game on YouTube. Got interested, downloaded it.
Neo@lex
I found out about Touhou from watching a crapload of youtube videos, then I saw Rolled's Max Forever storyboard and decided to find out who the fuck Alice was.
Then I downloaded IN and I was like "Fuck this weaboo trash", then I got to Reisen and I made the mistake of staring at her eyes for a long period of time.
Then I was like :awesome:.
SBKT

Slain087 wrote:

SBKT wrote:

Also, SA won't install correctly. I'm getting pissed.
If you're using the Vista OS, then I think you have the same problem I had. If you have them on for some reason, kill the... what's that called... the thing that brings up the dark screen and a prompt. Kill that, and you should be fine. If it's already killed, or you aren't using Vista... I dunno.

I wonder what would happen if Utsuho fought Reisen. Solar power vs. Lunar power.
No, I'm not an idiot.

Vista blows, end of discussion.
Slain087

Download: th8_udSL87MAU.osu
Neo@lex
FINALLY, A GOOD TOUHOU ON THE DS!

SBKT wrote:

Vista>Everything else, so no it doesn't. End of end of discussion.
Nekorom

neo@lex wrote:

FINALLY, A GOOD TOUHOU ON THE DS!

SBKT wrote:

Vista>Everything else, so no it doesn't. End of end of discussion.
can you explain to me how to put it in your flashcard because every time i try booting it up the screen just turns black :cry:

Topic Starter
Loginer
Mafiamaster

Slain087 wrote:

If you've been downloading these all this time, you should know the drill - .osu to .rpy
How do I change the .osu file into a .rpy file?
Slain087

Mafiamaster wrote:

Slain087 wrote:

If you've been downloading these all this time, you should know the drill - .osu to .rpy
How do I change the .osu file into a .rpy file?
Right-click the file, click "Rename," then highlight "osu" then type "rpy" in its place.
Mafiamaster
O I C! I find it funny when I play your replay, it shows you running right into a boss or just plain going straight for the bullet and losing a life. The first few minutes are good, but after that, it was just random. Even you were moving around when the people were talking, just... wandering.. around... all up in the top right corner and going back to the bottom and then to the other side. LOL! :lol:
Slain087
...That's not supposed to happen. Bugged replay maybe?

Try taking out the MAU from the filename then trying again. Or getting a different version.

And make sure the line you get it to shows this:

(if you're keeping it as a user replay)

User Sol 10/09 Marisa Easy

and then the next screen should be:

Slow Rate: 0.945%

Stage 1 38992920
Stage 2 151208420
Stage 3 361786680
Stage 4A 670654880
Stage 4B ------
Stage 5 1005251980
Stage 6A 1448071750
Stage 6B ------
Stage EX ------
Slain087
I just recently unlocked EoSD's Extra Stage, and Patchy and Flandre are kicking my ass. I need to figure out how to clear Taboo "Lavatein," quick.

EDIT: Recent fail at Extra. Watch me very nearly clear Royal Flare and clear Cranberry Trap, and partially figure out Lavatein.

EDIT2: More recent fail at Extra. I make a metric ton of mistakes here - some easily avoided.

Download: th6_02.osu

Download: th6_udSLEX.osu
Mafiamaster
OoOo, I should download EoSD later on. Do you think it's easier than IN? (or harder? O_o;)
Slain087
I'd say harder, because of two things: 1) You can't see your hitbox at all, and 2) deathbombing is near impossible if you try it like you would in IN. The bullet patterns are the easiest, though, so if you can handle those two points, it becomes easier.
Pokebis
I just played Perfect Cherry Blossom for the first time... two words...
HOLY SHIT
I sort of expected it to be harder, actually, (I play lots of challenge games) so it wasn't all that hard to me, but I've never played anything like it. It gives me some feeling I've never experienced before. I'd say it's awesome. but I'm already awesome. I also love the background music as it puts me in the mood to carefully weave through the bullets. I love this game. I do wish the newer ones weren't so big though, my isp sucks and it takes me like to hours to grab one whilst doing nothing else on teh interwebz.
Slain087

Pokebis wrote:

stuff
So, did you 1cc it yet?
Pokebis

Slain087 wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

stuff
So, did you 1cc it yet?
No :oops:
Slain087
In random news, I wonder why EoSD runs faster on my older XP desktop than it does on my Vista laptop. Also, I really need to figure out a pattern I can follow so I can cap Sun Sign "Royal Flare".

That and figure out how to 1cc EoSD and PCB with standard lives.
show more