forum

[duplicate] Separate TAG4 Leaderboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
ikin5050
Hey all,

I was thinking, why are you unable to get TAG4 maps ranked? well, because they're unplayable by 1 player in standard. Therefore i thought, what if we got a separate TAG4 leaderboards?

This has many benefits such as:
* You can play in a team of 4 and get ranked scores with the 4 of you
* TAG4 maps are rankable!
* You can see how you compare to other teams of players in the world

Now my idea was that besides 'standard' 'taiko' 'ctb' and 'osumania' you get a button which says 'TAG4'.
If you click on that you get a list of the top 50 scores that people got in multiplayer tag4 matches.
My idea is that they don't give pp, unless...

Unless we make TAG4 a separate gamemode.
Making it a separate gamemode would allow it to give you pp (but it would require a algorithm for calculating pp. i was thinking of something a bit the same as standard, but it includes {Aim, AR, spacing, speed (bpm), combo, accuracy, mods, OD, length, score compared to max score, intensity of streams x1.4 }
The x1.4 is to compensate for the fact that it requires a lot of skill

This could also then be on people's userpage as a extra gamemode with all the things like plays, score, ranked score.

This could also go another way, that in order for you to get ranked TAG4 scores that you have to form a team of 6 players, and if any 4 players get a score it gets registered. this would be a team vs team ranked gamemode then really. it would be 6 players because not everyone might have time to play so there'll be more ranked scores. in the leaderboards it'll just say the team name, and the team page will be the team leader's profile, which has the extra heading for TAG4.

I just thought of this because a lot of TAG4 maps are made, and are unrankable and the couple that are are getting old, so this would be a good idea to get TAG4 ranked and add a new level of gameplay to osu!
Seijiro
The name itself was created in order to give a difference from the other diffs in a mapset, so basically it was always meant to be a different game mode xD

Anyway, as for now, I would say it's quite hard to achieve this, and not because the idea is exaggerated, but because the game still needs the basis for such think I suppose. I'm not referring to add a new leaderboard (that would be easy), but I'm referring to the fact that four players will be under the same name as a team in that leaderboard. My question now is "how that data will be processed?" Basically the problem is on the "team" side of this.

My suggestion is to wait for now for clans to come to life first (I heard they should be out at least this year, this is what they planned at least, who knows...). Once clans will be a real thing probably this feature will be much easier to implement, so for now I consider this feature part of the "why not" list :3
- Marco -
Might be true when teams and clans will be created :D