forum

Make HT/DT and HR/EZ possible to use simultaneously

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana
I've been thinking about this recently, so how about we get the ability to use the modifiers double time and half time simultaneously to get the most logical resulting speed: 1,5*0,75=1,125 so that it only increases score a little, (around HD/HR level maybe?). Same for hard rock + easy (HPODAR: 0,5*1,4 = 0,7 | CS: 0,5*1,3=0,65), although I personally won't use the latter I am pretty certain some people would enjoy neither of these comboes conflicting. Nicknames anyone?

P.S I did check to see if this had been requested, however if it has been requested, I am sorry for the dupe.
Bara-
This is actually a pretty damn good idea
If no dupes get found, this'll get my support
deadbeat
well, there's already been a softrock mod, which got denied....twice
and another request to control the song rate for doubletime/halftime t/103530
so yeah...i don't really see a need to have easy and hard rock active anyway. same with doubletime and halftime. kinda seems silly and pointless :/
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana
I personally am the type who can't quite keep up with proper DT songs, DTHTHR would prolly become my favorite mapset the instant it became possible, if it were to do so. Also, more variety is always better, as long as it doesn't break key mechanics. Could be just me. Also, this isn't about the scroll speed, this is the actual maps. For example, Ascension to Heaven is the type of map that really could use this type of speed-around.
xasuma
i'd like to see a table with all the resulting ar's and such info. with the different combinations of mods.
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana
ARtable inc.
deadbeat

xasuma wrote:

i'd like to see a table with all the resulting ar's and such info. with the different combinations of mods.

this? cause it's right here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Approach_rate#Approach_Rate

i'd still rather see t/103530 than making DT and HT usable at the same time :/
Bara-
He meant for the 'new' combinations
I kinda forgot about the song rate, so I'll only go for the HR/EZ, as it's a little to low with just EZ (actually, only the OD for me)
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana

Took my sweet time and breaks in making this. At any rate, whatever happens I think we could use a wider range of speed options and HR/EZ type of stuff. This just feels like the least time consuming to make, and the one that doesn't need quite as complex mathematics for calculating the values of all the score values. Introducing a logarithmic scale into the score calculation feels a bit resource intensive if you ask me.

Edit: HERPDERP FORGOT DTHTEZHR, also made values support OCD ;)
Sea_Food
Still waiting for the day you can manually and precisely select playback speed and AR. Screw this.
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana

Sea_Food wrote:

Still waiting for the day you can manually and precisely select playback speed and AR. Screw this.
Manual AR selection would be just sad IMO... It is like removing an important part of the difficulty settings. As I said earlier, playback speed would be quite nice, but manual and precise playback speed selection would require a logarithmic mod value calculation. Logarithmic calculations for all the people play at 1.01-1.49 and 0.76-0.99 would be very resource intensive. IF that fact were to be left out, then it could be considerable.
Sea_Food

Brimroth wrote:

Sea_Food wrote:

Manual AR selection would be just sad IMO... It is like removing an important part of the difficulty settings. As I said earlier, playback speed would be quite nice, but manual and precise playback speed selection would require a logarithmic mod value calculation. Logarithmic calculations for all the people play at 1.01-1.49 and 0.76-0.99 would be very resource intensive. IF that fact were to be left out, then it could be considerable.
As far as i know the point of AR setting is to make it as readable as possible for the player. Or atleast thats how every mapper chooses the AR these days. I know that hr and dt dont work that way but what ever. Also keep in mind that in addition to osu!mania pretty much every other rythm game allows individual AR settings. I dont think that too slow or fast AR is a good difficulty mechanic at all for the game. Comparable how bad controls are not a good difficulty mechanic for an action game.

And how would the logarithmic calculations be resourse intensive? They wiuld just add individual score/difficulty multiplier for every speed multiplier just like they have for HT and DT already. Btw i think it should go beyond the previous limits. Like from 50-300% maybe make the most extreme cases unranked
Topic Starter
laeamminlakana

Sea_Food wrote:

As far as i know the point of AR setting is to make it as readable as possible for the player. Or atleast thats how every mapper chooses the AR these days. I know that hr and dt dont work that way but what ever. Also keep in mind that in addition to osu!mania pretty much every other rythm game allows individual AR settings. I dont think that too slow or fast AR is a good difficulty mechanic at all for the game. Comparable how bad controls are not a good difficulty mechanic for an action game.

And how would the logarithmic calculations be resourse intensive? They wiuld just add individual score/difficulty multiplier for every speed multiplier just like they have for HT and DT already. Btw i think it should go beyond the previous limits. Like from 50-300% maybe make the most extreme cases unranked
Well, separately setting them is something I legitimately didn't think of, as a firm believer in actual mathematics. doing it like that would actually be really light.