forum

ITT: We discuss ways to generate income

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
indexi
Guys i need help raising funds for a tablet and keyboard!

Anything will help!
Thanks in advance :3

Sorry bud, no can do. And you definitely don't want to be Darksonic 2.0
Trash Boat
I don't think asking for donations is allowed in forums. I think you can have a donation button in your userpage, but nothing more than that. sorry
Topic Starter
indexi
Oh ok :/ Thanks.
IppE
Get a job.
Trash Boat
That could be another viable solution, yes.
Topic Starter
indexi

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
Don't have time at the moment for a job that would pay off. Still in school you know
VoidnOwO
6-1
ColdTooth

Zisha wrote:

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
Don't have time at the moment for a job that would pay off. Still in school you know

get a part-time job
Granger
Download a car.

Zisha wrote:

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
Theres plenty of jobs to do that dont take too much time, yet give you a decent income, like working as news paper courier on the weekend.

Decent as in, you'll be able to afford the keyboard in a reasonable timeframe.
DeletedUser_4041880
I'm pretty sure OP is just lazy
ColdTooth

Frostei wrote:

I'm pretty sure OP is just lazy
You should see me. 16 and no part-time job, yet I do nothing.
DeletedUser_4041880
Sounds like most people
Bweh
I'll always miss my time as a janitor and dish washer extraordinaire.

Hm, this doesn't seem so silly as to deserve a lock. Oh, I know.

That's better.
IppE
Despite being a shit pay (5-11.7€ per day) and not really a job as its mandatory, I really enjoyed my time in the army.

Of course if you're actually commissioned and work there for real the pay is higher.
Bweh
I can imagine. I certainly feel like everyone should get a shitty job at some point, even if they intend to become rocket scientists or whatever. There is a charm to it; I just can't put my finger on it.

Oh yeah, if you can't do a part-time job, try selling some old junk of yours you don't want anymore. Try some websites for selling off games, equipment, clothes, or whatever.
Kyonko Hizara
I make cosplay wigs and bring in the mad dosh.

If you have a talent for making any sort of goods you can do an online shop through Etsy, Ebay, or Storenvy.
Trash Boat
You forgot the one in General Discussion, Brian. Just a heads-up
Bweh
What is General Discussion?
Granger

Brian OA wrote:

Oh yeah, if you can't do a part-time job, try selling some old junk of yours you don't want anymore. Try some websites for selling off games, equipment, clothes, or whatever.
This. If you happen to have a old handheld (i mean REALLY OLD.) which still is in top quality, have the packaging and manuals, theres a good chance you'll be able to sell it to collectors at a pretty good price.
B1rd
buy a ton of baked beans or similar cheap food, then stay at home moving as little as possible.
Haneii
More helpful if you're in uni/college, due to easier access:

There are a lot of students looking for willing research participants (Lots of spots in the psychology department!), usually paying between $10-20 for a single 30min-1 hour session. The studies can be interesting and fun (especially those involving simulators) , and you'd also be helping a student in need!

I've done two studies where the department would fund me to pay my subjects (I'd pay them $15-20 + a coffee gift card for participating).

Just look at the various department webpages (ie: Psychology, Linguistics, Medicine etc...) for their list of paid participation studies/current research. You should also keep an eye out for the flyers posted across campus. You might not qualify for all of them, but you should be able to find a couple ^_^

Edit: Noticed the OP is 17. This won't really help unless you're in the department, 18+, or have written permission from a guardian. Gomen
Aurani
Ah, the sweet memories of me picking fruits during summer for an outright insulting sum of money.
Trash Boat

Brian OA wrote:

What is General Discussion?
Did you see the department next to the fountain surrounded by very high hallways and a garden of roses at the top of the mountain, whose inside is filled to the top of books in its libraries and a plasma ionizer in the middle of the room? That one.
IppE

Trash Boat wrote:

Did you see the department next to the fountain surrounded by very high hallways and a garden of roses at the top of the mountain, whose inside is filled to the top of books in its libraries and a plasma ionizer in the middle of the room? That one.
Trash Boat
need a blacksmith, ma'am?

Friendan

Zisha wrote:

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
save your money
I literally have hundreds because I don't buy much
To buy video games, go to Steam, buy Operation Vanguard crates and sell them later. It's too late for Winter Offensive, they went from .37 to .72 in 2-3 weeks.
show more