forum

ITT: We discuss ways to generate income

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
indexi
Guys i need help raising funds for a tablet and keyboard!

Anything will help!
Thanks in advance :3

Sorry bud, no can do. And you definitely don't want to be Darksonic 2.0
Trash Boat
I don't think asking for donations is allowed in forums. I think you can have a donation button in your userpage, but nothing more than that. sorry
Topic Starter
indexi
Oh ok :/ Thanks.
IppE
Get a job.
Trash Boat
That could be another viable solution, yes.
Topic Starter
indexi

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
Don't have time at the moment for a job that would pay off. Still in school you know
VoidnOwO
6-1
ColdTooth

Zisha wrote:

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
Don't have time at the moment for a job that would pay off. Still in school you know

get a part-time job
Granger
Download a car.

Zisha wrote:

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
Theres plenty of jobs to do that dont take too much time, yet give you a decent income, like working as news paper courier on the weekend.

Decent as in, you'll be able to afford the keyboard in a reasonable timeframe.
DeletedUser_4041880
I'm pretty sure OP is just lazy
ColdTooth

Frostei wrote:

I'm pretty sure OP is just lazy
You should see me. 16 and no part-time job, yet I do nothing.
DeletedUser_4041880
Sounds like most people
Bweh
I'll always miss my time as a janitor and dish washer extraordinaire.

Hm, this doesn't seem so silly as to deserve a lock. Oh, I know.

That's better.
IppE
Despite being a shit pay (5-11.7€ per day) and not really a job as its mandatory, I really enjoyed my time in the army.

Of course if you're actually commissioned and work there for real the pay is higher.
Bweh
I can imagine. I certainly feel like everyone should get a shitty job at some point, even if they intend to become rocket scientists or whatever. There is a charm to it; I just can't put my finger on it.

Oh yeah, if you can't do a part-time job, try selling some old junk of yours you don't want anymore. Try some websites for selling off games, equipment, clothes, or whatever.
Kyonko Hizara
I make cosplay wigs and bring in the mad dosh.

If you have a talent for making any sort of goods you can do an online shop through Etsy, Ebay, or Storenvy.
Trash Boat
You forgot the one in General Discussion, Brian. Just a heads-up
Bweh
What is General Discussion?
Granger

Brian OA wrote:

Oh yeah, if you can't do a part-time job, try selling some old junk of yours you don't want anymore. Try some websites for selling off games, equipment, clothes, or whatever.
This. If you happen to have a old handheld (i mean REALLY OLD.) which still is in top quality, have the packaging and manuals, theres a good chance you'll be able to sell it to collectors at a pretty good price.
B1rd
buy a ton of baked beans or similar cheap food, then stay at home moving as little as possible.
Haneii
More helpful if you're in uni/college, due to easier access:

There are a lot of students looking for willing research participants (Lots of spots in the psychology department!), usually paying between $10-20 for a single 30min-1 hour session. The studies can be interesting and fun (especially those involving simulators) , and you'd also be helping a student in need!

I've done two studies where the department would fund me to pay my subjects (I'd pay them $15-20 + a coffee gift card for participating).

Just look at the various department webpages (ie: Psychology, Linguistics, Medicine etc...) for their list of paid participation studies/current research. You should also keep an eye out for the flyers posted across campus. You might not qualify for all of them, but you should be able to find a couple ^_^

Edit: Noticed the OP is 17. This won't really help unless you're in the department, 18+, or have written permission from a guardian. Gomen
Aurani
Ah, the sweet memories of me picking fruits during summer for an outright insulting sum of money.
Trash Boat

Brian OA wrote:

What is General Discussion?
Did you see the department next to the fountain surrounded by very high hallways and a garden of roses at the top of the mountain, whose inside is filled to the top of books in its libraries and a plasma ionizer in the middle of the room? That one.
IppE

Trash Boat wrote:

Did you see the department next to the fountain surrounded by very high hallways and a garden of roses at the top of the mountain, whose inside is filled to the top of books in its libraries and a plasma ionizer in the middle of the room? That one.
Trash Boat
need a blacksmith, ma'am?

Friendan

Zisha wrote:

IppE wrote:

Get a job.
save your money
I literally have hundreds because I don't buy much
To buy video games, go to Steam, buy Operation Vanguard crates and sell them later. It's too late for Winter Offensive, they went from .37 to .72 in 2-3 weeks.
ColdTooth
Wait really Friendan?

Shit I better start doing this.
Friendan

ColdTooth wrote:

Wait really Friendan?

Shit I better start doing this.
Yes, the first winter crates Bravo crates sell for nearly $5 right now I believe. I bought 1 when it was at about 40 cents just to see what it would happen. Sucks that I only bought 1. The gem sacks were ridiculous, because everyone was doing it on /v/. Don't do what I used to do
ColdTooth

Friendan wrote:

Yes, the first winter crates sell for nearly $5 right now I believe. I bought 1 when it was at about 40 cents just to see what it would happen. Sucks that I only bought 1. The gem sacks were ridiculous, because everyone was doing it on /v/. Don't do what I used to do
Well damn. Now I can become rich.
AutoMedic
Working in a fastfood chain helps

Worked in a local one here thrice. Two-time Deliveryman and a current cashier. Getting payed 10$ a day, so it's cool
thelewa
start streaming and people will give you copious amounts of money just for existing
Jazz
but you need boobs for that
Granger
Antiandrogens can help with that.
kaetwo

Granger wrote:

Antiandrogens can help with that.
but my sex drive