forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cheesecake_Hero
Whenever i try to load my skin i get this error :(
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-k3fwwJmjJDg/VUNgXKNCX3I/AAAAAAAAAKI/XH_LCRYrEME/w1538-h865-no/Untitled.png

I have tried editing the Skin.ini to make sure its not broken or anything but to no avail.

My Skin.ini (If Skin.ini is even the Problem)
SPOILER
//skin.ini default configuration
[General]
Name: Cheesy Skinny
Author: Cheesecake_Hero
Version: latest
SliderBallFlip: 0
SliderBallFlip: 1
SliderStyle: 2
CursorRotate: 1
ComboBurstRandom: 1
SliderBallFrames: 13
CustomComboBurstSounds: 30,60,90,120,240,480
ComboBurstRandom: 0

[Colours]
Combo1: 78,0,213
Combo2: 204,0,204
Combo3: 255,51,153
MenuGlow: 60,60,60
SpinnerApproachCircle: 77,139,217
SongSelectActiveText: 0,0,0
SongSelectInactiveText: 255,255,255
StarBreakAdditive: 255,182,193
SliderBorder: 86,254,250
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0
smoogipoo
Error actually looks to be coming from one of your nK.ini files, please post any nK.ini files so I can look through them.
Cheesecake_Hero
There is only one file in my osu folder with the .ini extension and that is the Skin.ini and there is not Mania keys Settings there.
- Marco -

Cheesecake_Hero wrote:

There is only one file in my osu folder with the .ini extension and that is the Skin.ini and there is not Mania keys Settings there.
Mania .ini are merged into skin.ini
Cheesecake_Hero

marcostudios wrote:

Cheesecake_Hero wrote:

Mania .ini are merged into skin.ini
Then i dont know what nK.ini Files are. There are no Mania File settings in my Skin,ini so i dont really know how to play CE with my Skins ;(
VeilStar
This has been fixed.
Issue 1:
  • If you have a lower fullscreen resolution than a windowed resolution set for osu! (which you can easily do by changing the resolution while in fullscreen and then turning fullscreen off), when switching from Fullscreen to Windowed mode osu! does not change the monitor's resolution back to what it was, but does change the window resolution. Effectively resulting in your entire screen being the screenshot below.
    See p/4110313

Issue 2:
  • When in the cuttingedge build, if you select a different release stream and wait for it to finish downloading the 'click to restart' button will appear. If you then go into the editor and back to the main menu, this button will be gone and osu! will re-download the files again. This does not happen on the Stable build.
This has been fixed.
Issue 3:
  • Well, this is a known issue already, but if you go to Play -> Multi while having the chat hidden, the first line (that says "Attempting to join channel..." will appear as a block of the colour the text is normally in. It seems that if text is loaded before it can actually draw it will draw as a block.

Topic Starter
TheVileOne
This is annoying me. Whenever you change builds, it defaults my resolution to fullscreen, changes my users filter to all and user sort mode to Rank. I will look into it at some point if someone doesn't get to it before me.
VeilStar
On the results screen you can interact with the back button even if there are other clickable objects drawn in front/on top of it (such as usernames in chat). This doesn't happen with any other buttons, strangely. Cutting-edge specific, as I tried it in Stable but couldn't replicate it there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yq_bRUUCPg
bigfeh

VeilStar wrote:

On the results screen you can interact with the back button even if there are other clickable objects drawn in front/on top of it (such as usernames in chat). This doesn't happen with any other buttons, strangely. Cutting-edge specific, as I tried it in Stable but couldn't replicate it there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yq_bRUUCPg
Confirmed

Only happens on score results. Could not replicate elsewhere
Seri
After using the editor, the game does not switch to exclusive mode again for me.
VeilStar
Not sure if this is considered an issue or not, but the 'Recovery Dialog' (which is opened by holding SHIFT and opening osu!.exe) does not appear when on the cuttingedge release stream. Just thought i'd drop this in here as it's quite a handy thing to have in case something goes wrong.
Ayesha Altugle
Having skin.ini present forces the default skin instead regardless of any skin and "Error while currently loading current skin's configuration file" appears almost everywhere you go.

peppy
can you share your skin.ini?
Ayesha Altugle
skin.ini code requested by peppy (Supposed to be working on other osu! versions, in my case, Beta)
[General]
Name: Eye Friendly
Author: vahn10
Version: 2.2
CursorExpand: 0
CursorCentre: 1
AllowSliderBallTint: 1

[Colours]
Combo1: 255,152,65
Combo2: 166,197,73
Combo3: 134,224,187
Combo4: 175,205,250
Combo5: 246,175,250
Combo6: 175,205,250
Combo7: 134,224,187
Combo8: 166,197,73
SliderBorder: 0,170,128
//SongSelectActiveText: 255,255,0
MenuGlow: 255,255,0

[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: Alternate Elements/Japanese Numbers (Heavenly Style)/default
HitCircleOverlap: 7

Tested on other skins, same thing happens
^
[General]
Name: 1
Author: various artists
SliderBallFlip: 1
CursorExpand: 1
CursorCentre: 1
SliderBallFrames: 1
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0

[Colours]
Combo1: 255,0,0
Combo2: 0,200,0
Combo3: 200,0,200
Combo4: 255,255,0

SliderBorder: 255, 255, 255
SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255

[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 3
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: -3
Nathanael
For some reason. achieving the 25,000 plays achievement will make osu! display something else instead of the achievement image (below).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150504.2cuttingedge
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix achievement sprites not loading correctly. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150504.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
TicClick
Some changelog entries are cut in osu!. And no, VeilStar, this also happens on public builds since I don't know when, probably since in-game changelog implementation.

These are "Fix newly-created maps sometimes having a scroll speed of 0." (May 4) and "Fix score multiplier being not correctly calculated internal to the difficulty calculator." (May 1)

osu! version: 20150504.6cuttingedge
BanchoBot
  1. Fix further cases of texture corruption. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150504.7cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Tom94
Please let us know if you can still trigger texture corruption (blocky sprites) after this change.

Evolve users, this might have also fixed it for you! ;)
Shizuyi
At the beginning of the song, before it starts, when i (de-)activate the map Skin there's still corruption at the other options like storyboard or Hitsounds. Happens randomly.
billy96
osu!Metro confirmed??!

Also note the performance impact.

They'll go away when i turn off Evolve in-game overlay though.
abraker
Cutting edge seems to overwrite settings to windowed mode, even though I had osu! set to fullscreen while in Beta. Upon going back to Beta, the windowed setting remains.
Yazer Cha
I am a Mac user running OS X Yosemite and when ever I attempt to run osu! It says I must install this version of the .NET Framework: v4.0 .30319. Not only can I not run osu! but It also clearly says on the system requirements page that all I need is v3.5. Please help because I would like to play osu! :? :? :?
BanchoBot
  1. Fix ranking panels being clickable through chat. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150504.9cuttingedge.

peppy

Shizuku- wrote:

skins dont work
please update to the latest build and check for an error.txt in your skin folder after attempting to load it.
peppy

VeilStar wrote:

Not sure if this is considered an issue or not, but the 'Recovery Dialog' (which is opened by holding SHIFT and opening osu!.exe) does not appear when on the cuttingedge release stream. Just thought i'd drop this in here as it's quite a handy thing to have in case something goes wrong.
it appears fine here, albeit after the update process.
Ayesha Altugle

peppy wrote:

please update to the latest build and check for an error.txt in your skin folder after attempting to load it.
Here goes:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 System.Environment.get_CurrentManagedThreadId()'.
at #=qSE2myK38WFeUnS$I_ErmW1GSvY6S5dPQazK9A6jnVmkdpDZv2ypDuz_x7l2gXupT.#=qFgRk_vYkSlqfuPwFbLyO8SJY1BwKpOi7h_vFN9A2ers=..ctor(Int32 #=qNHTfHZo$Nmx$TazbGr9M9g==)
at #=qoVb1NirFIJvP_q0SCJvDHZxdthrNzpPG58EUSvq$HfI=.#=qZEfZFV69xxUVDwJk9q6NkQ==[T]()
at #=qS6_4R5k6pyioZEIEUBCrLeRk9NEQmt9cyj8Bh4V9qw8=.#=qunxcNqQq4qw01cZ0WKXWDA==()
at #=qoVb1NirFIJvP_q0SCJvDHZxdthrNzpPG58EUSvq$HfI=.#=q0AJdn6R1euYTDTUw3Ck98w==(String #=qszTF18FWf8i6AOUSHeXh1g==)
at #=qMIpsXBuH0t9rbeNBcCB77DuZHumrogCBIzxKX$tKhuLKBiHXV0GZ1TYfSJEQOrab.#=qpGdbZ0k1O7jLPIO4j1ujLA==(String #=qK6K$plNan4$vOBY35UxNoA==)
BanchoBot
  1. Fix incorrect calculation causing some sprites to disappear before actually off-screen. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150505.1cuttingedge.

VeilStar

peppy wrote:

it appears fine here, albeit after the update process.
Then I seem to be the only one with this issue. I forgot about it when posting, but I think I've mentioned it before.
It works fine on both Beta and Stable, but on Cuttingedge it simply doesn't open at all. I tried it on an older installation of osu! that I still had laying around. I updated it to the latest cuttingedge build, and it simply doesn't show up on that one either. I'm pretty sure this started happening after the ce45 merge.

A chatlog from the 27th of april:
[05:44] <VeilStar> Oh by the way... is that recovery/settings/repair dialog when holding shift and opening osu! supposed to be fixed? Because it's not working on my end, while everyone else says it does. Any idea?
[05:44] <smoogipooo> o.O it is supposed to be fixed yes

Anyhow... I think it's pretty safe to assume it's not showing up due to something on my end, given that I'm the only one with this issue. But I have no idea what that could be. Any direction you could point me towards?

Edit: Well shit. I've been doing this wrong all along. It seems like all I had to do was hold SHIFT trough the updater.
This explains everything. (Thanks, smoogipooo.)
VeilStar

TicClick wrote:

And no, VeilStar, this also happens on public builds since I don't know when, probably since in-game changelog implementation.
Sorry, missed that for a little while.
Anyway... Stable & Beta never had an in-game changelog, and still don't? Or at the very least I've never seen them and cannot see them.
Feel free to prove me wrong, of course.

Edit: accoring to smoogi it's in Beta aswell. My bad.
TicClick

Tom94 wrote:

Please let us know if you can still trigger texture corruption (blocky sprites) after this change.
b20150506.3cuttingedge and still occasionally getting said corruption. All you need to do is keep osu! minimized for a while, and either the name of a user who's first to post in chat after you restore the window, or (mostly) the title and artist of the song currently playing turn into blocks:

sometimes it's a random string from one of recent game screens (for ex., osu! once took someone's performance value with "Performance: " and used it instead of solid block twice on the same line, fiirst instead of timestamp and then instead of my own nickname in chat)
bigfeh

TicClick wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

b20150506.3cuttingedge and still occasionally getting said corruption. All you need to do is keep osu! minimized for a while, and either the name of a user who's first to post in chat after you restore the window, or (mostly) the title and artist of the song currently playing turn into blocks:

sometimes it's a random string from one of recent game screens (for ex., osu! once took someone's performance value with "Performance: " and used it instead of solid block twice on the same line, fiirst instead of timestamp and then instead of my own nickname in chat)
not sure if chat counts but can confirm still happening on usernames and other messages.
Pampel
When I use the boss key to minimize osu! while in main menu it constantly uses 25% CPU (i.e. one core).
After restoring the window there are unusually many little triangles and I get rather low FPS until the additional triangles are gone.
Some triangles still disappear to early.

Also osu! turns completely black (with UI still operable though) when I add/remove my second monitor while osu! is running.
BanchoBot
  1. Attempt to fix texture corruption. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150506.3cuttingedge.

Nepeta Leijon
Major issue here, in the middle of a map, a slider's body will just turn completely invisible, only allowing me to see the slider ball (causing me to lose a lot of potential FC's)
It happens to every single slider after that certain one. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to have that glitch happen on an NF play (just my luck) so I could take a screenshot.
those
This just happened in the editor (puush cuz Shift+F12 didn't work either)
Shizuyi
Since the lateest Patch i got some huge performace problems, such as big stutters, micro lags or my cursor just stops to move for a few seconds.
Nepeta Leijon
What Shizuyi said. Also osu! crashes CONSTANTLY, preceded by a graphical glitch.
Also causes my ENTIRE computer to lag for around 10 minutes after it crashes.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix triangles drawing but not disposing when minimised (causing massive lag/cpu usage). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150506.4cuttingedge.

bigfeh

BanchoBot wrote:

1. Fix triangles drawing but not disposing when minimised (causing massive lag/cpu usage). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150506.4cuttingedge.

Can confirm fixed as of b20150507ce
show more