forum

[invalid] Additional combo colors within skin.ini

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Pengprey
Beatmap skins can have 8 Combo colors, so wouldn't it make more sense if custom skins could also have up to 8 possible different colors as opposed to 5?
Noffy
You can have up to 8 combo colors in a skin.ini. The template skin only has 5 colors, but to get more all you have to do is add more by putting "ComboColor#:" with the # being next consecutive number.

For example this code in the skin.ini:
"Combo1: 255,146,255
Combo2: 56,232,201
Combo3: 255,193,0
Combo4: 54,255,138
Combo5: 235,235,5
Combo6: 90,63,255
Combo7: 255,255,255
Combo8: 0,0,0"

would color like this when a map's skin is disabled (ignore the map I just put these hitcircles in there like this to show the combo color code in action):
Topic Starter
Pengprey
Hm.. I tested this multiple times before and couldn't get that result unfortunately,
I have the skin set to version 2.3 and loaded this in:
"
Combo1:102,204,160
Combo2:128,176,238
Combo3:187,102,144
Combo4:245,80,85
Combo5:255,144,136
Combo6:255,153,80
Combo7:255,221,68
Combo8:112,192,48
"
and got this:

Though, looking at this it is in fact loading 6 not 5, my bad on that bit.
Noffy
Well now that you know, that's good. c:
I guess my result just showed it better because the colours used in the example were totally random and made to be as different numerically as possible.
Once you're getting up to the maximum amount of 8 colours it can be hard to come up with colors different enough that they can be told apart.
Now this thread should probably be marked as resolved probably
autoteleology
Seconded, if you're using more than eight colors you might want to reconsider your color choices. I mean, the standard rainbow only has seven colors.
Topic Starter
Pengprey

dorothy3242 wrote:

Well now that you know, that's good. c:
I guess my result just showed it better because the colours used in the example were totally random and made to be as different numerically as possible.
Once you're getting up to the maximum amount of 8 colours it can be hard to come up with colors different enough that they can be told apart.
Now this thread should probably be marked as resolved probably
Uh, what I was trying to say was that before submitting this post I had already tried just adding it as Combo6/7/8
I those 8 numbers should all produce different colors completely but it is looping back to the beginning after 6 for some reason.

Philosofikal wrote:

Seconded, if you're using more than eight colors you might want to reconsider your color choices. I mean, the standard rainbow only has seven colors.
haha, guess that's probably true, but I could have picked any set of colors; these were just the ones I happened to have open at the time, have also looked into trying out circles that would just slightly change between shades of green.
Regardless of what colors exactly are used, it would be nice if I could figure out how dorothy3242 got it to be 8 different colors with the same type of code.
not sure what would cause that to produce two types of results.
Noffy

Pengprey wrote:

Uh, what I was trying to say was that before submitting this post I had already tried just adding it as Combo6/7/8
I those 8 numbers should all produce different colors completely but it is looping back to the beginning after 6 for some reason.
Ah, I'm sorry! I misread that 6 as an 8 at the end of your second post and took it to meant it was working right. Really sorry about that;; :?
This time I went and matched up the colors you listed that you had in the skin.ini in the example and matched them up to the picture. It seems somehow it's not going up to 6 and looping back--- It's going all the way up to 8 THEN looping like it's supposed to, but skipping 4 and 5 for some reason.

When I put the same code it ends up like this:

Maybe try
"
Combo1:0,0,0
Combo2:0,0,0
Combo3:0,0,0
Combo4:255,255,255
Combo5:255,255,255
Combo6:0,0,0
Combo7:0,0,0
Combo8:0,0,0
"
So you can easily tell whether it really is skipping over 4 and 5?
Oinari-sama
Are you testing in game or in the editor?

It should already work. Please do a search in the Tech Support forum for similar issues and if you're still having trouble, please feel free to post there.
Topic Starter
Pengprey

Oinari-sama wrote:

Are you testing in game or in the editor?

It should already work. Please do a search in the Tech Support forum for similar issues and if you're still having trouble, please feel free to post there.
Made the 8 notes in editor, then tested it in game, making sure that beatmap skin was disabled.

I do not see any duplicate posts in tech support so I'll go ahead and start a similar thread there, thanks.

dorothy3242 wrote:

Ah, I'm sorry! I misread that 6 as an 8 at the end of your second post and took it to meant it was working right. Really sorry about that;; :?
This time I went and matched up the colors you listed that you had in the skin.ini in the example and matched them up to the picture. It seems somehow it's not going up to 6 and looping back--- It's going all the way up to 8 THEN looping like it's supposed to, but skipping 4 and 5 for some reason.

When I put the same code it ends up like this:

Maybe try
"
Combo1:0,0,0
Combo2:0,0,0
Combo3:0,0,0
Combo4:255,255,255
Combo5:255,255,255
Combo6:0,0,0
Combo7:0,0,0
Combo8:0,0,0
"
So you can easily tell whether it really is skipping over 4 and 5?
yeah that seems to be what it's doing: