forum

[invalid] .

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Topic Starter
Shrik
pls pep
It actually would be cool seeing this. Considering the amount of torture a slider break gives, it'd be good to show it appreciation
Oinari-sama
t/210374 will be better for the purpose of verifying FC status.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Yep
THIs is not a dupe
Plz move back, as the idea is real good
Oinari-sama

41236 wrote:

Man, I hate talking and wording problems. Whenever you get 100's/50's on circles/spinners, you thought well it's fine doesn't break my combo anyways. BUT if you get 100/50 on a slider and it broke your combo, you'd be like *PEEP* DAMMIT ESC QUIT because not like normal 100's/50's on circles and spinners, it's almost equivalent to a damm MISS and it shouldn't be green/yellow/blue it's way to damaging to your score so it should be a BIG RED hit. So I'd like to have separate elements for them, they'll be a RED 100HIT and a RED 50HIT in my skin. Also one more important reason is that it'd be easier for people to know if they've broken their combo or not whenever they get a slider 100.
We're not mind readers. The OP emphasise on the need to see if the FC status, that's why I suggested using the other thread.

I'll move this back, but could you please fix up the OP a bit?
Topic Starter
Oinari-sama

41236 wrote:

Man, I hate talking and wording problems. Whenever you get 100's/50's on circles/spinners, you thought well it's fine doesn't break my combo anyways. BUT...
Ah derp, my brain must've stopped reading and filled in the gap for the rest of the post right there. That's why I always encourage people to state what they want right at the beginning.

Anyway it's moved back, sorry about the confusion. Let the discussions begin :)
Topic Starter
Myxo
This would indeed be a pretty nice feature.

There is a huge problem though. Hitbursts have been skinned in a lot of beatmaps. When peppy would include new hitbursts they would not be skinned in those beatmaps and would probably look really bad / unfitting. Another possibility would be not to include new skin files, but instead just use a different coloured version of the regular hitbursts. That would also be a problem though, since not everybody might want them in a specific colour and some people might not want these at all.
Zare
Yes please
Topic Starter
Topic Starter
Bara-
That makes it do much better
I'm all for it and I really like it
I do think you should be able to split the colors though
Ie 50-Blue, Sliderbreak50-Redblueish aka purple
Same for 100 but w/ green
Topic Starter
Bara-
I rea;;y prefer the different hit bursts, most likely as a miss can also happen on a slider, so you don't you if you only broke, or missed (Losing the S)
Topic Starter
Bara-
This is WAY better than the other IMO
But you can skin them to the same as misses, so I really recommend this one
[Painting] Mary
Usually I only worry about not being able to notice that I slider broke if it's at the start of the map (when you don't have high enough combo to trigger the combo break noise - yes... NOISE (ーー; ) ).

Other than that I have nuclear explosion sound as my combo break sound (Maybe you guys should try that too? Or some very noticeable sound).

Different hit burst will only serve as aesthetic purpose and may become a form of distraction to your eyes (I know I always get distracted by them).

I think what we currently have is fine and this change is not very needed.

But It's fine to have it anyway :X. And maybe add a different sound for slider breaks too?
xasuma
Wat?

Lock..?