forum

Make it so you can see if you're still FCing the map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +27
Topic Starter
Lorenzo
So, let's say you're trying to FC a map, but you got a 100 on a slider and you did not notice, you kept playing thinking you had finally FC'd the map whilst you didn't.
My suggestion is to add something like a toggle so it shows you if you're still at FC. Maybe only show it during breaks?

Something like this? (Horrible paint skills)
deadbeat
there is a request to force FC if that helps
Topic Starter
Lorenzo

deadbeat wrote:

there is a request to force FC if that helps
Like Sudden Death?
deadbeat
yeah, but you fail if you break the FC streak. i'll try find the thread now
found: t/140141
TheVileOne
It could be useful. Just not breaking the combo the entire time is good enough for me.
TakuMii
Oh, something along the lines of the "Go for perfect" icon in the Rhythm Tengoku series (where the "P" icon in the corner simply makes a sound and disappears if you miss a beat)? I could see its usefulness, but I'd prefer if it was some sort of toggle.
Topic Starter
Lorenzo

YayMii wrote:

Oh, something along the lines of the "Go for perfect" icon in the Rhythm Tengoku series (where the "P" icon in the corner simply makes a sound and disappears if you miss a beat)? I could see its usefulness, but I'd prefer if it was some sort of toggle.
Something like that would be good. Of course having it toggle-able would be great for people that don't like it.
SuddenlyBruno
Yes!
Instead of "FC" below the ACC%, It'd be neater if the ACC/COMBO shinned or had a noticeable golden glow to it like sun rays, It'd go away to the "normal" state (as it is in the screenshot) if you lost your combo at least once (obviously).

Stars away! :)
Topic Starter
Lorenzo

SuddenlyBruno wrote:

Yes!
Instead of "FC" below the ACC%, It'd be neater if the ACC/COMBO shinned or had a noticeable golden glow to it like sun rays, It'd go away to the "normal" state (as it is in the screenshot) if you lost your combo at least once (obviously).

Stars away! :)
That would be even better!
Vuelo Eluko
just because you end a few sliders early doesn't mean it's not a full combo
noone's going to see it as anything other than a full combo.
because if they did, i mean, cptnxn didnt even fc freedom dive! he ended 1 slider early! it just doesn't matter. if you're playing maps so easy that you're retrying on missing the end of a slider i think you need to play harder maps where you wouldn't care about something so minor...
Kaeru

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

just because you end a few sliders early doesn't mean it's not a full combo
noone's going to see it as anything other than a full combo. because if they did, i mean, cptnxn didnt even fc freedom dive! he ended 1 slider early! it just doesn't matter. if you're playing maps so easy that you're retrying on missing the end of a slider i think you need to play harder maps where you wouldn't care about something so minor...
There is a difference between missing a slider end at the end of a song and in the middle. Missing a slider end in the middle of a song will completely ruin any chance of you getting PP whatsoever.

Lorenzo wrote:

Maybe only show it during breaks?
What would be the point of this? You can just look at your combo.

Honestly, my best advice is just get better at sliders. There isn't enough of a reason to add this to the game when SD already exists. I wouldn't mind having the combo look a little shinier though if you haven't missed any combos like SuddenlyBruno suggested. It is possible, however, to finish a map without missing any notes or slider ends and still not achieve maximum combo, so what counts as an FC in this case? Would the shiny font go away as soon as you missed your chance to get the highest combo possible, or when you miss a slider end?
Zaphod2
Just use SD.
deadbeat

Zaphod2 wrote:

Just use SD.
SD isn't fully reliable as it you can lose your full combo by missing a slider end, but SD doesn't detect it as a miss, therefore doesn't fail you