forum

Help the newbie

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fauxfyre
Hello everyone! I've been playing Osu for about a month, and am finally posting here in the forums. Mostly because I need help with something, but I"ll get to that later ;)

So I found this game out by a friend of a friend, and me, being a nerd who is learning Japanese and watches anime, etc, became hooked on the game because it satisfies I desire most in a game: Based on skill, not luck, meaning if you practice you get better. Also I like music games and it really touches the completionist in me.

I've started making my own beatmap, but I'm having trouble with distance snapping. I believe I got all the notes right on beat, but the distances are all screwed up because of me messing with the timing so much. Now when I try to fix it, it all is ruined because (I think) it takes into account the previous beat as well as the next one, and I just can't get the AIMod to be happy. Is there some sort of secret here I'm missing? Also, I couldn't decide where else to ask this, sorry if this is a terrible place :|

Other than that, I am looking forward to talking to you all and hopefully not being an annoying noob to everyone
ColdTooth
practice

Seriously, I will admit that it took me 18 months to be good at mapping/ playing.
Gumpy
Welcom to the forum Shotoku64.

I think you should bring beatmap discussion to the beatmap forum. Here
Cerulean Veyron
Welcome, Shotoku! You're saying you're having issues with the Distance Snap?

Well, An advice for you, when you're mapping a(n) Easy/Normal diff, you should use only one Distance Spacing at the time you map(Recommended spacing: 0.8x or 1.0x). Do not speed-up the SV(Slider Velocity) due that beginners or normal players need to keep their rhythm with the SV without struggles. In Harder diffs, like Hard/Insane/Extra, it's okay when you extend the distance snap to 1.4x, 1.5x, etc. For Hard diff, you should extend a little bit of spacing here and make a few jumps, Speed-up SV is also okay for that, but the spacing changes REALLY HUGE, so watch it when you're mapping it. For Insane or Extra, just throw random circles/sliders and make bigger spacing and bigger jumps than all of the map's diffs, IF you want to do it so... You should read a bit of Distance Snapping wiki there, hopefully might help you a bit.

That's all i can give advice for Distance Snapping o3o/ Good Luck with your map!
Xtrmite
nah