forum

High pp reward maps

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kittles
The best way to gain pp is to not worry about pp.
Vuelo Eluko

pied wrote:

The best way to gain pp is to not worry about pp.
i stop gaining pp when i stop trying
gregest
ohmygod,what have I done....
Rewben2

[-Cloud-] wrote:

You underestimate the difference between OD8 and 9.

Me?
Illkryn

cheezstik wrote:

Hmm, true, I didn't really think about that. Tillerino confirms that with HR remote control is still worth more. Not sure about the effect of DT on that though, maybe hoshizora DTHR would be worth more than remote control DTHR.

Nope hoshizora DTHR is .16 star rating less which is quite a fair amount up that high so would give vastly less pp
burnijng
Know any high pp reward maps? Im 64k trash :D
Please link more maps for me.
Kappa :D
Mahogany
Wow rude necro

Just ask tillerino for maps at 64k it's not like there's going to be impossible stuff
Gumpy
Rude
-Makishima S-

burnijng wrote:

Who are you?!

my top ranks... hf
StephOsu

burnijng wrote:

nice meme
just trust tillerino and get pp just try to full combo any map, fail and cry and uninstall osu
ZenithPhantasm
The days when Rewben used to post. Rip best senpai 2014
Vuelo Eluko

Rewben2 wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

There are plenty of songs with harder jumps than remote control. I think the pp value of that song comes from the fact that it is both slow enough to be played decently with DT, and that it is OD9. If hoshizora was OD9 then it would be worth more than remote control I'm sure. We'll just have to wait till someone plays both of them DT + HR I guess. Lol fuck that's never gonna happen
I don't think it would be. Hoshizora no ima has a lower star rating than remote control as well as less objects so it wouldn't be worth more than remote control even if it were OD9.
holy fuck rewben is back????????????////////

wait no
Nadfee
Just play maps that are AR 9.2+

ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Ez pp

No seriously, consider playing maps that are not AR9 and AR9.2+ which are faster. From what I've played they seem to give quite some PP (220pp+ ish).
I just can't catch em'all ;-;
ZenithPhantasm
AR doesn't affect pp unless its lower than AR8 or higher than AR10.3
Synpoo
Did anybody say daidai genome in the last 5 pages
Nadfee

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Ah well most maps above 9.2 that I've played gives more pp than my normal AR9s.
I was referring to that if you play most maps that are AR9.2+ you'll most likely find hard ones that issue alot of PP.
Yuudachi-kun

Nadfee wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I was referring to that if you play most maps that are AR9.2+ you'll most likely find hard ones that issue alot of PP.
I think you should stop focusing on ar and actually think about things like the od and how the map is mapped.
ZenithPhantasm

Khelly wrote:

Nadfee wrote:

I think you should stop focusing on ar and actually think about things like the od and how the map is mapped.
OD8+ usually gives more pp than OD7 for the same numerical accuracy.
Longer maps tend to give more pp than shorter maps at the same star difficulty.
Nadfee
Ah well I normally play all kinds of maps and the AR thing is the only pattern I've noticed purely from just playing. Don't consider it as a fact :) I can't be bothered to quote because I can't seem to quote two at the same time (Khelly & Zenith).

I'll keep that OD thing in mind Khelly if I'll ever compare the PP of beatmaps :) I surely also think about the pattern of the beatmaps. <3 star patterns and squares.

Zenith - Never really noticed that. Not a huge fan of long maps but recently started to practice on p8107 which is an incredibly long map o_o I'll check out the PP worth n stuff.
ZenithPhantasm
Map length=Number of objects
If you can't pay attention for a long time just double time them
sottovoce
TBH, if you haven't managed to notice that OD and length have a massive impact on map PP rewards whereas AR has none at all, I would urge you to stop putting any trust in your powers of observation. :p
E m i
indirect impact
B1rd

sottovoce wrote:

TBH, if you haven't managed to notice that OD and length have a massive impact on map PP rewards whereas AR has none at all, I would urge you to stop putting any trust in your powers of observation. :p
Approach rate does affect pp

If a 6* map was AR6 it would probably give like 10 more pp.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

sottovoce wrote:

Approach rate does affect pp

If a 6* map was AR6 it would probably give like 10 more pp.
Approach rate in the maps that pthese people are playing DOES NOT affect pp
B1rd
Nice point.
chainpullz

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I'm pretty sure the bonus is inclusive of ar9+dt but the wording in the changelog is a bit vague. This would mean that previously ar10 was giving an ar bonus and thus the change makes a bit more sense.
B1rd

chainpullz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I'm pretty sure the bonus is inclusive of ar9+dt but the wording in the changelog is a bit vague. This would mean that previously ar10 was giving an ar bonus and thus the change makes a bit more sense.
Ar10.3 doesn't give an AR bonus. It did before, but Tom changed it because reading ar10.3 isn't really a big deal any more.
Nadfee
Damnit didn't I say it was just from my own experience/observation? -.-"
Well I mean I have noticed that longer maps give more PP.. I just haven't played many that would make it very obvious.

Anyways as I said I'm not implying that higher necessarily gives more PP, of course not. Now.. lets just.. stop discussing, forget Tillerino and play for fun eh? :) I mean.. if you just play and keep killing yourself with higher difficulty the PP will come on its own? right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SPOILER
That's how it is for me at least :D
xxdeathx

holy shit it's been 10 months
Nadfee

xxdeathx wrote:

holy shit it's been 10 months
I think burnijng bumped this thread.
Wowa ;D
Excalurn
i can't beat all the hard map.
pls help me too took an easy PP map ONLY EASY
ZenithPhantasm

xxdeathx wrote:

holy shit it's been 4 months
Vuelo Eluko
I'm severely autistic.
Satria P
mania?? :?:
Risa
rip
DeathHydra
More necropost? -.-
Vuelo Eluko
I'm severely autistic.
B1rd
I'm only moderately autistic.
chainpullz

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

I'm severely autistic.
Seems a cure wasn't found in the past 3 months. :^)
Excalurn
show more